Steam overlay?

Severs

Posting this here because it looks like the best place, if it needs to go elsewhere please move it.

So a long time ago I had added PSOBB to steam and the overlay worked just fine, however now as soon as the launcher closes, steam no longer thinks that I am in game. Is there a fix for this or does anyone know a work around for it? It's no big deal, but would be convienent if I could have this game work with the steam overlay. I have tried searching for it, and all it says online is to add online.exe to steam via the "add a non-steam game" fucntion, which no longer works properly.

You have to add psobb.exe or psobw.exe instead of online.exe ... the launcher just opens the game and closes... that's why you appear as offline after the game launched.

But remember to run the launcher in case you see the client updating files.

Also run steam as admin.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

Just to post a final note here, Steam was not starting as admin, and it is now. The Steam overlay does work when Steam starts as admin. Hopefully this thread will help others who have issues..

Glad you got it working. :)