The issues at our server provider seem to be resolved. ×

New User. Error: "username or password is incorrect"

Max Del Viscio

Hello! I just created a new Ultima account as well as a new Forums account. I've downloaded all of the patches and everything seems to be in order, but for some reason, I keep receiving the error message: "username or password is incorrect" when I attempt to log in. I'm certain that I'm typing the correct username and password, and I even used the PSOBB CP to change my password to be sure.

Server: Ultima PSOBB
Account name: noisetan

Guildcard: 42148227

I did a bit of digging through this subforum forum here and I saw a bunch of people back in January that were having similar symptoms; but, aside from the DDOS interruption, none of the more recent reports seemed to have any conclusion. Maybe it just takes a while, or maybe there's a genuine issue. In any case, I'm really excited about playing PSO, but I can patiently wait as long as it takes, as long as someone is willing to help.

-Thanks in advance!

You have to type in the client the password in lowercase... the registration automatically does the conversion (in case you used any uppercase) ... might be that the problem?

ACK! How embarrassing! It was my password. So sorry to have troubled you, I completely glazed over on the section about uppercase characters. For some reason, I had just figured it was the USERNAME ONLY that was incapable of utilizing uppercase characters (as is the case for many other sites and services out there), so I ended up carelessly making a password with uppercase characters! My bad! I hope, at least, that others can learn from my embarrassing mistake! See you all online!