Problem Starting Client

HokkaidoWolf

Hi, I have registered and downloaded the client from this site, and installed. When the launcher comes up, I click star game, and nothing happens. When I click options, the option screen comes up with no ? by the resolutions and when the save button is clicked, the launcher exits out. Looking in my task manager processes, I see psobb.exe process start for about 3 seconds, then end with nothing as a result. Te uninstaller will not work, either. The exact same files work fine on my friend's computer, and I'm not sure what else to do.

The issue about the no "?" with the resolutions i think is because of an outdated version of the launcher/options.. ...try using the lowest resolution available to patch the game and then use one you feel good with... If everything else fails, (i guess that you already tried antivirus and that stuff)... add the program to the DEP... also be sure to run as admin.

Here a guide on how to add programs to the exclude list of DEP

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-data-execution-prevention-dep

okay, so I did everything you said, including the DEP, and still have the same issues... I then tried installing a different client from a different private server and was able to successfully log in using my friend's credentials on that server (I'd play there, but they aren't accepting any more registrations on their server for some reason...) I then tried to patch that install with the patch here on the website, and got a completely different launcher, which didn't work, either... really frustrated...

Edited by HokkaidoWolf

what i did was download my pso files/folders to a sd card after you do that turn off your antivirus go to your pso folder click options then you'll see resolutions click to lowest hit exit then start game should patch then cut off then you'll have to click on the launcher again after your done playing turn your antivirus back should not have to take the sd card back out i dont

What operating system? . redownload, then install, after that, copy the folder to desktop, go to Options(go to window mode) then open (Psobw) after you saved the options window mode. Psobw should download/intall 18-19 patches. after that it will close, then start (online.exe) it will pop up and windows mode... i don't know why, but for every computer i ever had, i had to put into windows mode for the client to launch. You HAVE to do it in the steps i said or it will not work. and if you want to uninstall the game go to C-drive and delete phantasy star online blue burst folder. right click delete, (it will not delete/uninstall any other way) then clear recycling bin, and down load again (if you want to try again) This game acts stupid on all computers all different ways, but i had this problem before and i fixed it. Let me know if this worked