Trading Center tips

Vypor

Ok, there's a few small issues that need to be cleared up about the Trading center.

Issue 1:

I've noticed an increase in people creating entirely new topics for the express purpose of asking for only, one, item.

Now, this is something that those who made the topics may not notice. But it aggravates me.

The reason for this is because instead of putting an actual list for trading up, they put up a request for only one item.

The vast majority of these topics I see have no responses, no life to them. They're simply sitting there cluttering up the trade center.

The other problem with this is that it's aggravating to the other traders who actually put the time into making lists of their items and wants.

It pushes all the actual lists out and fills the page with soon-to-be dead topics.

The Solution:

It's simple really, just make a list of your items.

You can select "Edit" on it too afterward so you can add or remove certain items.

This will greatly reduce trading center clutter.

Suggested by K I R E E K:

You can also put your tradelist in your signature to help advertise it. That way more people see it.

Issue 2:

This one isn't as prevalent. But by now those who post on the forums know that a certain topic can be bumped back to the top by commenting on it.

The same goes for the trade center. And I've seen people take advantage of this feature, bumping their trade list back to the top several times in one day even.

This isn't respectful to the other traders. Again, because it pushes them out of the way.

The solution:

A good rule of thumb is to just bump it whenever you update it.

If you do that, then people will get used to knowing that there's an actual update and that you added something to it when you bump it.

Otherwise, people look at it as another bumping to get it back to the top.

I'm not pointing anyone out in particular, and if I was going to, I would have used names.

These are just a few tips that I think should be considered before someone takes to the trading center.

Thanks for reading, and hope it helped. (:

Vypor

"Da Trashcan"

Edited by Vypor

I've noticed this a lot recently as well and, even though I don't have a list myself, upsets me a bit to see multiple threads open by one person and all of them on page one. It is also pretty annoying to look at a thread and see that the last 3 posts in it are bumps, especially if all three bumps were in the same day as well.

Thanks for posting this Vypor, and hopefully it helps.

Or you can just put a link on the signature about your tradelist, even if the tradelist is lost in the topics it can simply be brought back by a simple post of a user interested in the tradelist, either that or a bump each 24 hours.

That's also a good point, putting the tradelist in your signature.

I myself prefer only to bump my list whenever I update it, that way people get used to the fact that there's actually an update to it when it's been bumped.

I agree with most of this...BUT.

In regards to the idea of only bumping when you update.......I disagree.

Say.....every day/every other day? It did piss me off when this one guy bumped his trade topic 3 times in a day so I see what you mean. But bumping every other day isn't too bad. Also i have made topics that are SORTA asking for one item but more than one. And the reason I do is because people may notice that more than a tradelist, since they somehowthink that tradelist=selling only.

I agree with most of this...BUT.

In regards to the idea of only bumping when you update.......I disagree.

Say.....every day/every other day? It did piss me off when this one guy bumped his trade topic 3 times in a day so I see what you mean. But bumping every other day isn't too bad. Also i have made topics that are SORTA asking for one item but more than one. And the reason I do is because people may notice that more than a tradelist, since they somehowthink that tradelist=selling only.

I've seen it too, and it's just aggravating.

But you can point out your items better in your list too by selecting the text there and adding bold/italics/underline/color.

Such as red, it really makes the items stick out more.