Constant 'Server is full'

Redshift

So since i started playing on the server a few weeks ago this has been a constant problem when trying to log in. It happens every single day though sometimes for much longer than others.

For example, this morning i've been doing some paperwork while trying for over an hour to log in, probably some 40 attempts or so and have gotten through to the char selection screen once then the game crashed connecting to the server (happens probably 50% of the time as well). However a couple of days ago, i switched between my characters several times in quick succession without any problems at all. This is making it very frustrating to be able to take advantage of time-limited events (HH, x5) when i never know if i'll be able to swap characters without for an hour to log back in.

As mentioned, whenever i do get to the character selection screen the game will crash 50% of the time as soon as i select a character. And recently the game has started to hang after selecting the ship. It feels like i'm having to jump through hoops just to be in with a chance at actually making it onto the ship.

Is it my connection? Something to do with IP ranges? I used to have trouble with schtserv in certain IP ranges though I have no idea why.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Redshift

Again someone have this same problem described here:

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11602-problem-connecting-with-the-server/

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11303-server-always-full/

Lot of people seems to encountered this problem (me included), a fix or a workaround will be great.....

Edited by zaykho

It's something that's frustrating I assure you. The reason for it (from what I have been told) is that the server is not accepting/blocking your connection to it. So yeah an IP thing. I had that issue once, and it basically stayed like that for 5-6 hours. My advice is this, if it persists, send a PM to Larva to check whether your IP is connecting or not, and he can handle it from there (but only if it persists). Most of the time, it's self limiting and a couple of router restarts would get you in, no problems.

I hope this helps, even if slightly.

Good luck,

Edit: The last few days had issues with the log in server, maybe that was the cause.

Edited by squish