server hosting question :3

i was thinking, since a lot of people are playing this fine server from the uk and other places in europe, Is it possible for someone to host a ship for this server in the UK (to make the connection a bit better) that way players wont be half way across a room even though theyre fighting the same enemy as you, plus i imagine it would be a much stronger connection and disconnections wouldnt happen so often :3

There are other PSOBB servers out there, like Eden, Crystal Argo and ValeforServ, but I'll leave you to your devices to find them and other PSOBB servers out there...

Regardless, it's not a matter of whether it's possible, it's more a matter of whether YOU or a group of others can afford it, as server hosting of this magnitude will NOT be cheap.

Good luck in your endeavour sir!

honestly pso was originally designed to run on dial up, so it's bandwidth usage doesn't really justify low pings and certainly isn't causing server disconnects due to location. Just thought i'd point that out.

Only time I have D/c issues is when im downloading a torrent or my bro is watching on demand service (BBC Iplayer, Netflix etc). Is your connection to your hub wired or wireless?

• Like 1

honestly pso was originally designed to run on dial up, so it's bandwidth usage doesn't really justify low pings and certainly isn't causing server disconnects due to location. Just thought i'd point that out.

fair enough, i have a good connection here 15 - 20MBps download speed at the worst of times, and being the only one using the internet as i live alone, i assumed the problem was the fact that the server was so far away :P

Only time I have D/c issues is when im downloading a torrent or my bro is watching on demand service (BBC Iplayer, Netflix etc). Is your connection to your hub wired or wireless?

my connection is wireless, however i tend to keep it plugged in the majority of the time, i dont have a problem with connecting to the internet :3

i was thinking, since a lot of people are playing this fine server from the uk and other places in europe, Is it possible for someone to host a ship for this server in the UK (to make the connection a bit better) that way players wont be half way across a room even though theyre fighting the same enemy as you, plus i imagine it would be a much stronger connection and disconnections wouldnt happen so often :3

Like lee said in his post, the diconnecting issue is not regarding the bandwith server, i can tell you that we have a great upload bandwith and the we have always have users from the UK and different places of europe, either can be that your connection suck, (wireless to play online is just ...... a no) also other issues of the games are related to the dc's, so even if we setup a ship in the UK that wont help you and i can even bet it will be worse badwith that the one we have.

topic close.

• Like 2