Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Hi all : ) I'm looking at options for soloing battle Fomar and I'm on a tight budget and was wondering after having some success with some 50 hit charge gatlings wether or not decent pair of m&60 vice would be good? I'm currently rocking a 35 hit UR which I use most of the time but I'm looking for a bit of mid range weapon and since my request for PR ata equip to be lowered got nowhere I'm thinking these berserk mech might be good. I can't afford a good Excalibur or hundred souls and I missed out on lindcray so if anyone has battle mar experiance let me know Ty

Hi all : ) I'm looking at options for soloing battle Fomar and I'm on a tight budget and was wondering after having some success with some 50 hit charge gatlings wether or not decent pair of m&60 vice would be good? I'm currently rocking a 35 hit UR which I use most of the time but I'm looking for a bit of mid range weapon and since my request for PR ata equip to be lowered got nowhere I'm thinking these berserk mech might be good. I can't afford a good Excalibur or hundred souls and I missed out on lindcray so if anyone has battle mar experiance let me know Ty

Well M&A60 Vise is more accurate and powerful than charge gatlings (although not by that much), but I don't think it would really be worth investing in since you don't really wanna zerk much with FOmar. Bringer's rifle and charge raygun (with hit) are cheap options for mid range weapons as a fomar. Slicers can be pretty helpful too. Stuff like diska of braveman, slicer of fanatic and even rainbow baton can be useful if you're on a budget. All in all, playing battle FO (especially FOmar) can get very expensive and if you don't have high hit gear, it can be a bit frustrating.

I sometimes like using guardianna with my fomar just to mess around cuz i have one with 50 hit. It's a card type wep with spirit special. It's not that good, but still fun to use.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1

I personally would use Flamberge if you cant get a good excal. A lot of people underestimate Flamberge. It's a saber type weapon with spirit special. it doesn't 3 hit like excal does but it's still a good alternative since you use UR.

Double Saber is also nice for battle fo. I know that sounds really bad but a hit double saber can do you wonders, it has the geist special on it, restores 100 TP per hit of the special, and with a v502 you're gonna be getting TP back on a single enemy really quickly.

Demons Raygun or Hell Rayguns are a must too, you could spam Restless Lion for some and it wouldn't cost you a dime.

Finally a good slicer. I recommend getting a J-cutter with arrest, those are awesome, but if you dont have the budget for an srank J-Cutter with arrest, then just get an Arrest Diska with hit or a Charge Diska with hit.

I think a lot of people underestimate the common weapons or the lower tier weapons. You dont have to have insanely good god tier event weapons or dark weapons to make a good and effective battle fo.

• Like 1

I personally would use Flamberge if you cant get a good excal. A lot of people underestimate Flamberge. It's a saber type weapon with spirit special. it doesn't 3 hit like excal does but it's still a good alternative since you use UR.

Double Saber is also nice for battle fo. I know that sounds really bad but a hit double saber can do you wonders, it has the geist special on it, restores 100 TP per hit of the special, and with a v502 you're gonna be getting TP back on a single enemy really quickly.

Demons Raygun or Hell Rayguns are a must too, you could spam Restless Lion for some and it wouldn't cost you a dime.

Finally a good slicer. I recommend getting a J-cutter with arrest, those are awesome, but if you dont have the budget for an srank J-Cutter with arrest, then just get an Arrest Diska with hit or a Charge Diska with hit.

I think a lot of people underestimate the common weapons or the lower tier weapons. You dont have to have insanely good god tier event weapons or dark weapons to make a good and effective battle fo.

Flamberge is pretty cool but are you sure it can be equipped with FOmar? I don't think it can http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/arme/afficherArme.php5?id=352

Since Arrest Diska has a reduced special I wouldn't really recommend it. Also pretty sure v502 does boost Geist.

Ty for all the info in your responses guys : ) I had completely forgotten about rainbow baton being equitable by all I have a triple 50 and a 50x2 30 so I will try these out on my guy , in regards to berserking on a Fomar can you give more detail tru as to why it wouldn't work ? I'm not sure how zerk damage is calculated but I thought it would work alrite as a big single target dps like PR with a heal chucked in between combos?

Ty for all the info in your responses guys : ) I had completely forgotten about rainbow baton being equitable by all I have a triple 50 and a 50x2 30 so I will try these out on my guy , in regards to berserking on a Fomar can you give more detail tru as to why it wouldn't work ? I'm not sure how zerk damage is calculated but I thought it would work alrite as a big single target dps like PR with a heal chucked in between combos?

It works well for DPS and all it's just that charge makes more sense for a FOmar and since the damage and ata are so similar to charge vulcan and charge vulcan is probably easier to get with high hit then you might as well use charge vulcs. M&A60 Vise wouldn't be bad on a FOmar, but I think it would be wiser to invest in something else.

Not sure how much this helps, but on battle fomarl I use:

TypeME/Mechs demon

Glide divine

Lindcray

Bringers rifle

Principles gift

Smartlink

V801

Adept

Heavenly/battle

Resta merge

Some of thats pretry expensive, but it's really about the specials. the demon and spirit really help you kill things fast. The umbrella, merge and glide are all for when i'm in a support role.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 2

Hey guys

I'd like to know what the best equipment for my Fonewm and my Racast is?(if possible, add the prices)

What is Racasts max ATA? My Racast has, as far as I know, no additional Item that adds ATA. Still, the yellow highlighted number is 234. How is that possible?

Fonewm gear mixing both melee and nuke

-Mothergarb+/wedding dress

-Hylian shield/three seals/Red ring

-Psycho wand/Glide divine/glide divine v0.0/rico's parassol/merc rod

-Girasole/ultima reaper/slicer of fanatic/hundred souls/excalibur/master sword/rainbow batton

-Bringers riffle/type mechs charge or demons/master raven/charge vulcans/lindcray

-v801/centurion battle or v101/adept/wizard resist

Racast gear

-Dark meteor/Iron faust/Baranz launcher/cannon rouge/charge arms

- heaven striker/mille marteux/guld milla

-Charge or demons yaziminkov 9000m/ hell yazminkov 7000k or asteron striker

-Ultima reaper/s-beats/dayight scars/excalibur/hundred souls

Racast max ATA is 234, you are probably using a mag with too much ATA, they only need about 30 dex on a mag to max it.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

The regular Glide boosts the range of Jellen and Zalure, so it is a very good support weapon. The Glide 00 on the other hand boosts Foie by 200% and Barta/Zonde by 100%.

They both give 15 to all resists, the other specifics are rather irrelevant.

• Like 1

v502 does not boost geist, v502 only does 1.5x paralyze confuse freeze 2x hell proc chance.

As for mechguns on Fomar, consider using a good pair of L&K14. They are 15-30 atp, 18 ata, and can grind up to +20 which is surprisingly high. You can use them with just normal and heavy attack (special is worthless), which is useful for fomar's low ata. Many people may have some laying around with stats and hit, as it is a fairly common weapon.

• Like 1