Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Kinda like this..

Scene: A dark corner of the shipping docks, decrepit and dimly lit by a single streetlamp. The rain drizzles down lazily as the lamp flickers intermittently.

Enter Player 1 & Player 2

Player 1: You got the stuff?

Player 2: You got the money?

Player 1: Yea I got the money.

Player 2: You don't get the stuff 'til I see the money.

Player 1: Man I added you to the PM you can see the money, now show me the stuff!

Player 2: *puts stuff in tradewindow* Alright I got the stuff now let's do this shit quick before the gm's show up!

Player 1: *posts "DTs go to player 2" in the message* Yea man, let's do this shit I got places to be.

Player 1 & 2: *accept trades* We cool? Yea we cool. Alright then. Peace.

Exit Player 1 & Player 2

Love it lol and thanks i have worked with DT'S with GM's and understand the mechanics of it , it's just a trust issue with me i know there are many great players her

but what's to say you transfer the DT's and will be witness by a GM but what if the seller fails to give you the goods , stating they did , my point is is the transfer of the item witnesses

or verifiyed by the GM

Edited by acidman

Love it lol and thanks i have worked with DT'S with GM's and understand the mechanics of it , it's just a trust issue with me i know there are many great players her

but what's to say you transfer the DT's and will be witness by a GM but what if the seller fails to give you the goods , stating they did , my point is is the transfer of the item witnesses

or verifiyed by the GM

the trade can be checked if you do it by the trade window

So I'd like to max Mind on my Fonewearl without using a custom mag and using as little units/specific gear as possible, to give myself some flexibility when using her. I'd like to know the best approach I can take in doing this. I've read up some max stat posts about the Fonewey and I'm still a bit confused on the right approach.

So basically, I'm looking for a mag and mat plan that accommodates what I mentioned above.

or verifiyed by the GM

Nobody's ever stupid enough to try to pull anything silly like that. Once someone is in the DT message, if anything goes wrong with the trade the player could complain and GM's could look into it. You can take screenshots of the tradewindow too if you really want to as well. If anybody did try to do anything GM could easily clean it up. Thievery is looked down upon very harshly and there is really no way anyone can get away with it.

So I'd like to max Mind on my Fonewearl without using a custom mag and using as little units/specific gear as possible, to give myself some flexibility when using her. I'd like to know the best approach I can take in doing this. I've read up some max stat posts about the Fonewey and I'm still a bit confused on the right approach.

So basically, I'm looking for a mag and mat plan that accommodates what I mentioned above.

If you can't trade for a custom mag, it is possible to make a 195 mind mag with a console mag(mark3/mastersyste/genesis/saturn/dreamcast) or elenor mag(ashura) or ultima mag. The fonewearl plan I made ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/page-29#entry111043) is extremely tight, newman's need a whole lot to max their stats and they only get 150 mats. My plan was able to squeeze it enough to just barely get it to work with one mag for max atp ata lck and one for max mst setup with cent/mind+v801.

If you use a 195 mind mag instead, you will be 10mst off max with cent/mind+v801, which can easily be covered with hylian shield's 20mst, a v101, an adept, or some other unit. If you don't use one of those things, then that 10 mst will make you do about 1 less damage on your spells.

Nobody's ever stupid enough to try to pull anything silly like that. Once someone is in the DT message, if anything goes wrong with the trade the player could complain and GM's could look into it. You can take screenshots of the tradewindow too if you really want to as well. If anybody did try to do anything GM could easily clean it up. Thievery is looked down upon very harshly and there is really no way anyone can get away with it.

At least me, I'm not really going to be in every trade happening, that's just too much waste of time..

Reason why I suggest to not give the DTs until after you have received the items in game (DTs are easier to track down, in the forum).

If you can't trade for a custom mag, it is possible to make a 195 mind mag with a console mag(mark3/mastersyste/genesis/saturn/dreamcast) or elenor mag(ashura) or ultima mag. The fonewearl plan I made ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/page-29#entry111043) is extremely tight, newman's need a whole lot to max their stats and they only get 150 mats. My plan was able to squeeze it enough to just barely get it to work with one mag for max atp ata lck and one for max mst setup with cent/mind+v801.

If you use a 195 mind mag instead, you will be 10mst off max with cent/mind+v801, which can easily be covered with hylian shield's 20mst, a v101, an adept, or some other unit. If you don't use one of those things, then that 10 mst will make you do about 1 less damage on your spells.

Wait, I'm confused. How can the 5/70/125/0 mag max stats with no units necessary but the 0/0/0/200 mag can only max with c/mind?

At least me, I'm not really going to be in every trade happening, that's just too much waste of time..

Reason why I suggest to not give the DTs until after you have received the items in game (DTs are easier to track down, in the forum).

Yep, that's the standard way to do it. Add them to dt message to show you have dts and are ready, do the actual trade, then post in the message whom the dts go to.

Wait, I'm confused. How can the 5/70/125/0 mag max stats with no units necessary but the 0/0/0/200 mag can only max with c/mind?

Because they are two different setups, a pow setup and a mind setup. Newmans need 2 mags if they want to max all their stats because they have really low base stats and high maximums (it's literally impossible to do it with one mag, even if you have custom mag with 0def and all 4 slots used on units just for stats, still would not max atp/ata/lck/mst, even with two mags it's only just barely enough for a no units pow setup). It's done with a unit for the mind setup because it's a lot better to have a pow setup that doesn't need units because forces really don't have the room to use a unit solely for stats in a pow setup; you will almost certainly be using battle unit + smartlink + v801 still already, so that 1 free slot really needs to be kept open for varying situational needs (v502, cure/freeze, cure/shock, etc). The mind setup is much more flexible so it can use c/mind for maxing and if you have to drop the c/mind for some reason it's really not detrimental since mst is such a weak stat anyway.

Like I said the plan is very tight, it costs me basically nothing if I choose not to equip the c/mind for some reason but working in the c/mind into the mind setup is what actually allows me to have a no units pow setup and still be able to potentially get mst max with another mag. I'm already using two mags and still having to squeeze out every point I can just to be able to make it work well. Maxing newmans really, really sucks :onion-head74::onion-head75::onion115:

Pow setup is the more useful overall, and better for playing with a party, while going pure magic setup is generally for playing solo since techs cause a lot of problems in teamplay with damage cancel and various other undesirable bugs/issues. Switching between the two can be as simple as switching mags and shield (since the c/mind has such a little effect on your techs anyway), which can be done in between casting techs or attack combos if you are quick. A quick player can switch shields between tech casting without breaking stunlock (if you are really fast it may even count the switch before the damage is dealt, I've definitely seen it happen for me with casting grants and switching to hyshield before it finishes and getting the boosted damage).

• Like 3

BLACK HOUND CUIRASS

Required Level: 121

DFP | EVP | EFR ETH EIC EDK ELT

300 - 330 | 0 - 0 | 2 2 2 2 2

ā˜HUmar ā˜HUnewearl ā˜’HUcast ā˜’HUcaseal

ā˜RAmar ā˜RAmarl ā˜’RAcast ā˜’RAcaseal

ā˜FOmar ā˜FOmarl ā˜FOnewem ā˜FOnewearl

I'm trying to choose between FOmar and FOnewm, but I don't know which to use D: Does someone have some tips and know differences between them? Which one is better for melee attacks? Is it true that Godrics Cloak was fixed?

Well the FOnewm can do very well nuking in ep4 and he also use weapons decently well for meleeing. Yes, Godric's cloak was fixed. The FOmar can be a really awesome class, but it cost a lot to get the gear for them since everything needs a lot of hit and you want to have expensive stuff like excalibur, hundred souls, master sword, slicer of vengeance, girasole, demon me/mechguns etc. FOmar gets 188 more atp and 13 more ata (if you take into account the ata from Godric's cloak), making him clearly the superior choice for melee. Even if you do have the right gear for melee FOmar he'll end up turning out a bit like a human hunter without dark flow, asteron striker etc while also have less power, but will have the advantage of lv30 buffs, nice resta heals and support and decent power with his techs. The FOmar can get very close to maxing out atp, ata, mst and luck with one mag, while the FOnewm needs two (one for melee, and one for pure nuking). If you don't have a force character at all, it may be best to start with the FOnewm because he does very well in ep4 (better than FOmar), and that really sets him apart from the hunter and ranger class, but if you want a new challenging fun class go for FOmar :P I like them both. They're my favorite classes in this game. It's a lot more cost efficient to just nuke with the FOnewm, but if you really wanna melee (or do both) go for FOmar imo.

Edited by tru
  • Like 2

BLACK HOUND CUIRASS
Required Level: 121
DFP       | EVP       | EFR ETH EIC EDK ELT
300 - 330 |   0 -   0 |   2   2   2   2   2
ā˜HUmar ā˜HUnewearl ā˜’HUcast  ā˜’HUcaseal
ā˜RAmar ā˜RAmarl    ā˜’RAcast  ā˜’RAcaseal
ā˜FOmar ā˜FOmarl    ā˜FOnewem ā˜FOnewearl

It actually gives -200 evp though....

Well the FOnewm can do very well nuking in ep4 and he also use weapons decently well for meleeing. Yes, Godric's cloak was fixed. The FOmar can be a really awesome class, but it cost a lot to get the gear for them since everything needs a lot of hit and you want to have expensive stuff like excalibur, hundred souls, master sword, slicer of vengeance, girasole, demon me/mechguns etc. FOmar gets 188 more atp and 13 more ata (if you take into account the ata from Godric's cloak), making him clearly the superior choice for melee. Even if you do have the right gear for melee FOmar he'll end up turning out a bit like a human hunter without dark flow, asteron striker etc while also have less power, but will have the advantage of lv30 buffs, nice resta heals and support and decent power with his techs. The FOmar can get very close to maxing out atp, ata, mst and luck with one mag, while the FOnewm needs two (one for melee, and one for pure nuking). If you don't have a force character at all, it may be best to start with the FOnewm because he does very well in ep4 (better than FOmar), and that really sets him apart from the hunter and ranger class, but if you want a new challenging fun class go for FOmar :P I like them both. They're my favorite classes in this game. It's a lot more cost efficient to just nuke with the FOnewm, but if you really wanna melee (or do both) go for FOmar imo.

Both of them are pretty specific in gear since they are males and don't have access to female gear. Fonewm will have more flexibility with his armor since he doesn't need a specific one for either setup, whereas fomar will really need godric's cloak if he wants to attack with weapons, and it's a lot easier to change mags than it is to change armors. Fonewm can easily be wearing sacred cloth(for cure/paralysis) or lieutenant mantle(for trap vision) or wedding dress(for doing tower quests) or mother garb+(for tp reduction) or whatever without it impacting his ability to melee effectively, but fomar is really pigeonholed into using godric's when doing melee. Fonewm is a newman though so he has pretty poor growth and it will be a while before he can start pushing max, though he does have a respectable 190 ata when he does get there. Both have a 30% gi- boost, fomar also has 30% grants boost and 100% s/d range boost, but fonewm gets the 30% ra- boost and more mst making him much better at nuking overall. Basically equally good (or should I say bad) at supporting with lack of resta/anti range. No matter which one you pick be sure to get a Rico's Parasol in Valentine's Event to help out with that immensely, they're really hurting for range without it.

Fomar has a slight melee advantage but with a very clear drawback of being locked into one armor for it. Fonewm is definitely still very competent with weapons, and is a much stronger nuker. Also consider using Fomarl, who is even more competent with weapons (more atp than fonewm, same ata if using kroes sweater, access to female gear such as vivienne, the parasols, rambling may, sweetheart for even more atp, etc.), much better suporting with resta/anti (and shifta/deband) range boosts, and has the strongest grants (50% boost) even though her other nuking suffers slightly. Male forces lack access to any strong guns, while Fomarl gets one of the best in rambling may, vivenne is much easier to get than girasole, and even with the addition of rico's parasol male forces don't have any base resta/anti range so that still only makes their resta same range as a fomarl with nothing equipped.

• Like 2