Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I was looking at the drop chart and noticed asterisks by some of the drops, like Purple Ult Falz dropping Riko's Earring. What does that mean?

Asterisks? Can you send me the link?

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find the name of the "Now Loading" screen on the Data folder, but I found it on my own <3

Is there a reason why the Ultima servers version of the game doesn't recognize the triggers on the 360 controller?? :(

Maybe you are missing some drivers?

Here's the link, I've seen the asterisks on Riko's Glasses and Earring for ult falz, Heavenly/Arms, and the Laconium Axe for skyly ult Shambertin.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/test/newsite/droptable.php

EDIT: Huh, checked the one on the top of the website, the asterisks aren't there...

Edited by Ardh2005

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find the name of the "Now Loading" screen on the Data folder, but I found it on my own <3

Is there a reason why the Ultima servers version of the game doesn't recognize the triggers on the 360 controller?? :(

I've used 360 controllers for many games. Unless the game is designed for that controller (many new games) I doubt they will work. You can get programs to map it but I'd rather not bother myself lol I can't answer why those buttons don't work but it's not you or the game.

Here's the link, I've seen the asterisks on Riko's Glasses and Earring for ult falz, Heavenly/Arms, and the Laconium Axe for skyly ult Shambertin.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/test/newsite/droptable.php

EDIT: Huh, checked the one on the top of the website, the asterisks aren't there...

Probably it's nothing, they seem to be all marked, I don't see many issues with drops like those but all are marked with no exceptions so it's default for all.

2 questions:

1Āŗ Why my 360 keybinds sometimes resets to default?

2Āŗ There's a way to change MAG color?

1. Game does it automatically

2. No, but what I heard a long time ago was that mag color itself is based off of a combination of factors from character creation. I heard a mag's color is determined by the character's color scheme (meaning the hair color, outfit color, eyes, etc) and the section ID that character is given. Though, it could only be based off of the ID the character has. On Gamecube, it was generally a good idea to keep a spare file on a memory card and use those four slots to create characters that spawned different mag colors if you wanted to have a non-rare mag, Sato, or Rati in different shades. I'd try that if there's no definitive way.

2. No, but what I heard a long time ago was that mag color itself is based off of a combination of factors from character creation. I heard a mag's color is determined by the character's color scheme (meaning the hair color, outfit color, eyes, etc) and the section ID that character is given. Though, it could only be based off of the ID the character has. On Gamecube, it was generally a good idea to keep a spare file on a memory card and use those four slots to create characters that spawned different mag colors if you wanted to have a non-rare mag, Sato, or Rati in different shades. I'd try that if there's no definitive way.

It's based on the outfit, exclusively (or body for casts). No other element affects it.

But I think what Yuki meant was to change it after it has been created, lets say a Lv200 Sato? xD

For the controls, if you are using external software then couldn't really help you unless I know what program it is, but if it's directly with the game, the controls and such are saved in the character data but there could be code that doesn't load this correctly and resetting it. Afaik that's loaded without any weird stuff and should be fine (obviously is not). So I'll look into it

Edited by Soly

Usually for me when it comes to my controller settings resetting, its almost always if not always when I use a new character which I did not adjust the settings for there. If I would log off the new character and switch to an older toon with my preferred settings, without adjusting the new character's pad settings first, the default settings of the new character will sometimes, if not all the time carry over my older character as well UNTIL I access the pad settings in game, which it will simply fix itself back to your preferred layout, since the settings weren't changed on the older char.

As for the game not recognizing the trigger buttons on the Xbox controller, it may be because Microsoft has the triggers mapped as a "Z-axis" as the trigger buttons are pressure sensitive depending on how hard you slide the button in. It would probably take some external software to fix that issue possibly.

Edited by Colton Doura
  • Like 2

I was playing now and noticed it happens more when I logoff with one character and log on with another

@Auroboro: I was talking after creation, a pink Varaha is freaking ugly lol

I see. It's a shame you feel that way, I happen to appreciate the scheme of a pink Varaha myself.