Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I'm curious why the special attack on my spiffy new Mille Marteaux just stopped working all of a sudden. I know it has to be in an "even" time for it to work, but I watched the time come and go, even and odd, and it didn't matter. The special attack just would not work. Any ideas?

By even time, it doesn't mean every other beat. It means every even 100 beats. So from beats 200-299 it works, but from beats 300-399 it does not. It's currently 342, which means it will not work.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

By even time, it doesn't mean every other beat. It means every even 100 beats. So from beats 200-299 it works, but from beats 300-399 it does not. It's currently 342, which means it will not work.

Fantastic! Thank you very much! :)

Hi wonderful people of Ultima! I have a weird conundrum that I'm hoping a mag expert can help with. I was raising 3 mags, planning to make them into 5/50/45/0 Satos. Basically I didn't know the tricks for making sure there were no glitches with my mag, and as a result a phantom evolution happened that screwed up my feeding. I'm now stuck with 3 6/7/38/0 Kaitabhas. Is there any decent mag build that I can use to salvage these and make them valuable, or should I just start over? PBs are Estlla, Pilla & Twins

Is there a general target for ideal total ATA? I know more ata is always better, but is there a special number that people should try to hit (so I'm not wasting time farming a 50 hit weapon for a ramar who would be fine with like 35)?

I noticed that when I attack my damage is infrequent. I'll do damage that's 100 atp more or 200 more then it will drop by 100 or 200 during different hits. I'm not talking about criticals either. What effects this? Can it be controlled? Also I've noticed I get criticals more frequently on certain monsters. Why is that?

Edited by mayn102

Your damage varies depending on your wep. Each wep has its own at p range. And crit is based on luck. If you miss less you're also going to crit more due to the total number of attacks landing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I apologize before hand for this very basic question. Like its so basic I feel ashamed asking it >.>

Do NHH attacks have an accuracy bonus or something? I played pso maybe 7 years ago for a few months and have started again here 2 months ago. By habit always do this and don't know why lol I probably read about an accuracy bonus 7 years ago and it's just sorta stuck. However I know that monsters kinda get stunned when we attack them too. Is that why it's a suggested attack pattern?

So is there some sort of accuracy bonus? Or is it just a placebo effect and no accuracy is affected at all?

I apologize before hand for this very basic question. Like its so basic I feel ashamed asking it >.>

Do NHH attacks have an accuracy bonus or something? I played pso maybe 7 years ago for a few months and have started again here 2 months ago. By habit always do this and don't know why lol I probably read about an accuracy bonus 7 years ago and it's just sorta stuck. However I know that monsters kinda get stunned when we attack them too. Is that why it's a suggested attack pattern?

So is there some sort of accuracy bonus? Or is it just a placebo effect and no accuracy is affected at all?

I haven't ever heard of an accuracy bonus in my time playing this game over the past 15 years, but I can tell you that you are right about the stagger. Normal, Heavy, Heavy attack patterns cause a stagger in monsters, this is true, but this is also dependent on the monster. I know Episode 1 trash mobs like Arlans from the Ruins are easily dispatched using this pattern but there are other attack patterns like this that also stun enemies. For example, when I fight the purple Arlans from the Ruins, often times I'll use Normal Normal Heavy pattern and that stuns them. Why? Well Normal Heavy Heavy does the same thing with greater damage but often times I see the purple Arlans getting to me and hitting me out of combo before I can get the last Heavy attack off. Which is why I use Normal Normal Heavy. There are a ton of different attack patterns that work to stun monsters.

Back to accuracy bonuses; I believe the reason so many people use Normal Heavy Heavy is because that specific attack pattern is useful against like 90% of the monsters you fight. Since most of the monsters you kill are just trash mobs a combo like that usually works to great effectiveness and does a lot of damage quickly. This pattern can also work on higher tier mobs and some mini-bosses but that's more dependent on your ata and their evp.

Just remember this: The chances of you hitting a monster is dependent on your stats and the enemy stats. If your ata is high enough but their evp is higher, you may or may not hit them. If their evp is low and your ata is high, you will hit them most of the time. There are factors that break this up a bit like movement. If a monster moves in a specific way that causes them to be too fast or quick for the bullet travel then you wont hit them. The bullet will just not register and you'll deal no damage.