Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

So I’m starting from scratch and wanted to know if any traditional guides for weapons/armor are still valid or if this server has its own rules/loot tables/quests. Also, not used to using forums and such so I apologize if I’m slow to respond or ask a ton of questions about vernacular. 

Are the items you get from Easter Eggs completely random or are some just more common/rare than others? Does it differ depending on sectoin ID? I've only collected about 8 and more than half of them were Rocket Punch.

3 hours ago, Sirtakerofwhits said:

So I’m starting from scratch and wanted to know if any traditional guides for weapons/armor are still valid or if this server has its own rules/loot tables/quests. Also, not used to using forums and such so I apologize if I’m slow to respond or ask a ton of questions about vernacular. 

Ultima uses it's own drop table and there are some exclusive quests.  

Here are the Ultima drop tables and Items List

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/&type=1

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/&type=0

There are also seasonal events where some drops are changed, and there are exclusive weapons and items you can only get during those times. Right now we have the Easter Event going so some drops are different. There aren't any (complete) drop tables for the event, its kind of touch and go.

Edited by dillo64

Hey guys im new to this server. I have registered and downloaded the game from this website. However, whenever i launch the game launcher, theres this warning that shows up saying that “access denied in /Ultima-PSOBB/data/ogg/customs’”. i am able to get to the signing in to the account portion of the game but when i enter ‘start game’, it errors and says that the server is in maintenance.

Can anyone help me regarding this technical problem? 

thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,

I have just come back after a year  or so off the game. Have the drop rates and rare monster rates been increased as i just went through forest on hard and the rare drops i got were on most creatures. also is the best way to gain exp and kills (for my lame) to run TTFs?

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, Gotty said:

Hi Everyone,

I have just come back after a year  or so off the game. Have the drop rates and rare monster rates been increased as i just went through forest on hard and the rare drops i got were on most creatures. also is the best way to gain exp and kills (for my lame) to run TTFs?

Thanks in advance

Rate's the same, you just got lucky, and TTF until lvl 100 then CCA/RT until 200 is still the fastest way to grind for exp.

3 hours ago, Malcoren said:

Whats the recommended ATA for CCA? I'm lvl 162 and ran it earlier today and was missing around half of my attacks.

If it's in ultimate, as high as you can get it, period. The monsters in EP2 ultimate have stupid high evade.

If you're using a HU character, (and maybe even some RAs!)expect alot of misses if you don't have some hit weapons, arm units or a mag with sufficient dex on it.

Those Gibbons and Zol Gibbons are probably the worst in EP2. (the orangutan looking monsters)

They are VERY hard to hit without some stuff to raise ATA with, they move around alot too making it even harder to hit them.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Malcoren said:

Whats the recommended ATA for CCA? I'm lvl 162 and ran it earlier today and was missing around half of my attacks.

CCA has the monster with the highest EVP (Gibbons), fast gees and sinows that keep teleporting everywhere so you'll have a worse time trying to hit something there. The more the better, but there's no recommended ATA, just get the highest you can get, and sometimes it wouldn't make a difference (for example if you hit gees while they move away, you won't hit them and it'll show a miss).

Edited by bobshlibidich

22 hours ago, RustyNail said:

Scrap the driver question above. Anyone use a USB joypad on PC that has digital trigger buttons?

i use a programme called antimicro free download , you can re-map keyboard to use the z axis triggers. i use the left and right d-pad for extra attacks or buffs and click L,R sticks

Edited by ink