Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

10 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Why does it take Larva so freaking long to unbuff Belras?

Everything's been late the past few months, kind of disappointing.

Just wondering, I like playing battle FO a lot, was wondering for FOmars and FOmarls/newearls if it is better to use a Godric's Cloak/Kroe's Sweater for their respective offensive boosts or an STA for general purpose armor?

3 hours ago, Colt said:

Just wondering, I like playing battle FO a lot, was wondering for FOmars and FOmarls/newearls if it is better to use a Godric's Cloak/Kroe's Sweater for their respective offensive boosts or an STA for general purpose armor?

its dependant on where you are. i generally use STA for tower/megid things, but godrics for almost anything else. (for fomar)

On 12/7/2018 at 1:29 PM, ARMAGGEDON said:

How exactly is the damage that enemies deal calculated? I know that some attacks deal a fix amount of damage but what about others? Does DFP really do that much? Or in other words: How many HP/DFP do I need to survive all the boss attacks? Like Shambertin etc?

Ā 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Dutch Ride said:

I know last form Falz in ep 1 does like 1,100 damage no matter what. Olga also has some damage during the first phase of the fight that is only semi-avoidable but I don't recall is being more that Falz's slash. Damage from the Sham encounter are also minor compared to those two. But if your DFP is too high you get no knockdown from his tornadoes which can then hit several times very quickly and essentially one-shot you.Ā Hope this helps.Ā 

Ā 

DFP does not matter all that much in general. For physical attacks, the damage you take will be something like ((ATP - DFP) / 5), with the potential for a critical hit dealing bonus 50% more damage (enemies don't have normal/hard/sacrificial attack multipliers like the player does, but it's basically the same formula). Thus, every 5 dfp will reduce damage by 1, which isn't very much honestly. You don't usually get huge jumps in dfp from anything, and even if you do compare something like Stealth Suit 1dfp vs STA 500dfp, the amount of damage it reduces is going to be less than a decent Jellen will (even just s-rank jellen or humar jellen) will do against most enemies outside of the most extreme cases (most of the time your armor will give you 200+dfp anyway, Stealth Suit is an exception, and even then only against forest level enemies would sta potentially do more than 15 jellen).

The bigger concern is Set Damage attacks. DFP does very little for physical damage as is, and Jellen 30 will reduce enemy attacks to mere tickles anyway, but the damage that will actually threaten your char will be Elemental or Set damage in nature usually. Set Damage cannot be blocked, cannot crit, and cannot be reduced in any way, it just always does the exact same # damage regardless of gear/level/etc. An example would be like Dark Falz slap, which does 1090 damage (all of Falz is set damage actually, so jellen has no effect on him and deband is worthless in that fight). Shambertin tornadoes are set damage as well.

Personally I think being between 1500 and 1600 hp is helpful, as shambertin tornado does 400 per hit (hits greater than 1>4th hp result in knockdown, so it multihits at 1600+ hp). Bringer laser does 1400 damage and vol opt's laser is like 15xx damage, Falz's blue balls can sometimes doublehit you for 1500 (750 x2), so you can survive the biggest attacks at that range, without being too vulnerable to others due to lack of knockdown (e.g. >1680hp vs many gilchic/morfos lasers). Then there's also setups you can do where you utilize set damage attacks to try to trigger mag invincibility to proc, using things like Delbiter Charge (720) or Laser (680), Gibbles Drop (700), Bringer Charge (700) or Laser (700/1400), Gilchic Laser (420 ep1), Dubchic Laser (400 ep1), Morfos Laser (420), Gi Gue Bomb (900), Del Lily Scream (set to 1hp) or Suicide (700??), Recon Bomb (500), etc. Depending on the situation, you can use lavis blade / inferno girasole / gal wind / etc. to lower hp as needed to get a 2hit to put you <1/10th hp for mag trigger.
This hp amount is just a personal opinion though, choose your own range that suits your playstyle. More hp could survive some attacks I don't care about surviving as much, such as Kondrieu Body Crit, or have an extra 0.x seconds to hit trimate when surrounded by enemies and being stunlocked, or other such things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Ā 

Ā 

DFP does not matter all that much in general. For physical attacks, the damage you take will be something like ((ATP - DFP) / 5), with the potential for a critical hit dealing bonus 50% more damage (enemies don't have normal/hard/sacrificial attack multipliers like the player does, but it's basically the same formula). Thus, every 5 dfp will reduce damage by 1, which isn't very much honestly. You don't usually get huge jumps in dfp from anything, and even if you do compare something like Stealth Suit 1dfp vs STA 500dfp, the amount of damage it reduces is going to be less than a decent Jellen will (even just s-rank jellen or humar jellen) will do against most enemies outside of the most extreme cases (most of the time your armor will give you 200+dfp anyway, Stealth Suit is an exception, and even then only against forest level enemies would sta potentially do more than 15 jellen).

The bigger concern is Set Damage attacks. DFP does very little for physical damage as is, and Jellen 30 will reduce enemy attacks to mere tickles anyway, but the damage that will actually threaten your char will be Elemental or Set damage in nature usually. Set Damage cannot be blocked, cannot crit, and cannot be reduced in any way, it just always does the exact same # damage regardless of gear/level/etc. An example would be like Dark Falz slap, which does 1090 damage (all of Falz is set damage actually, so jellen has no effect on him and deband is worthless in that fight). Shambertin tornadoes are set damage as well.

Personally I think being between 1500 and 1600 hp is helpful, as shambertin tornado does 400 per hit (hits greater than 1>4th hp result in knockdown, so it multihits at 1600+ hp). Bringer laser does 1400 damage and vol opt's laser is like 15xx damage, Falz's blue balls can sometimes doublehit you for 1500 (750 x2), so you can survive the biggest attacks at that range, without being too vulnerable to others due to lack of knockdown (e.g. >1680hp vs many gilchic/morfos lasers). Then there's also setups you can do where you utilize set damage attacks to try to trigger mag invincibility to proc, using things like Delbiter Charge (720) or Laser (680), Gibbles Drop (700), Bringer Charge (700) or Laser (700/1400), Gilchic Laser (420 ep1), Dubchic Laser (400 ep1), Morfos Laser (420), Gi Gue Bomb (900), Del Lily Scream (set to 1hp) or Suicide (700??), Recon Bomb (500), etc. Depending on the situation, you can use lavis blade / inferno girasole / gal wind / etc. to lower hp as needed to get a 2hit to put you <1/10th hp for mag trigger.
This hp amount is just a personal opinion though, choose your own range that suits your playstyle. More hp could survive some attacks I don't care about surviving as much, such as Kondrieu Body Crit, or have an extra 0.x seconds to hit trimate when surrounded by enemies and being stunlocked, or other such things.

Thank you very much :)

Question: if I spout racial slurs in chatbox, I know I'll get warning points, muted, or banned. But if I put them in my signature, is it allowed? Asking for a friend..

• Like 1

Rambling Prelude: So after about 10 years of not playing I read an article posted on a website mentioning Ultima & decided to give it a shot.Ā Coming from DC era of playing PSO/ver2 I was gifted a pair of Twin Psychoguns, which were amazing, & was looking into the acquirement requirements for getting them legit.

Actual Question: The drop table referenced it the 'Where do i hunt ___?" topic doesnt have theĀ Twin Psychogun listed as a drop (Most common being love rappy), but the general search does. Are these drop tables altered/different per event & do the items listed under search still drop?

Cheers,

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robo5 said:

Rambling Prelude: So after about 10 years of not playing I read an article posted on a website mentioning Ultima & decided to give it a shot.Ā Coming from DC era of playing PSO/ver2 I was gifted a pair of Twin Psychoguns, which were amazing, & was looking into the acquirement requirements for getting them legit.

Actual Question: The drop table referenced it the 'Where do i hunt ___?" topic doesnt have theĀ Twin Psychogun listed as a drop (Most common being love rappy), but the general search does. Are these drop tables altered/different per event & do the items listed under search still drop?

Cheers,

I wouldnā€™t refer to that topic too much. The drop table that you can access normally is typically up to date and accurate including during the last half of most events. Twin Psychoguns currently have tons of drops :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I wouldnā€™t refer to that topic too much. The drop table that you can access normally is typically up to date and accurate including during the last half of most events. Twin Psychoguns currently have tons of drops :)

Ahh OK, Cheers for the info :)

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, Dutch Ride said:

You can PM them here on the forums or just wait until you see one of them in chatbox and ask to redeem them. (GMs have purple names)

Ā 

As for the type of weapon, youā€™re able to exchange the cards for any type of S-Rank weapon with any special and you can rename the item if you wish. Hope this helps.Ā 

Nothing extra required to rename, upon redemption?

6 minutes ago, shunthanos said:

@Dutch Ride I was told, upon redemption, I needed to provide a Christmas present in order to put a name.Ā 

Someone is messing with you bro lolĀ 

• Like 1