Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

4 hours ago, Nomerc said:

Ok, thanks for the help.

If you really want it, I can fix it for you, though I wouldn't advise actually using the armor.
Despite it being an armor with an extra effect (when morning glory is equipped gain atp+150 ata+10 and devil/battle), which is something to look for in high level armors, it has no dark resist and no elemental resist, and the extra effect is not all that great since morning glory is a claw type weapon (i.e. worst animation for males in the game, to the point of being unusable by them) which gains atp based on beat time. While it can be strong with a special and the armor on, but even on females or hunewearl it gets outclassed by other things and is mostly just for novelty.
Do you remember how much +def/evp it had?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been wondering for FOs when I'm going full caster mode on them, especially for my FOnewearl's case, what would be the best use of armor slot units to use alongside the mandatory v801 and centurion/mind? I was figuring slapping an Adept is nice for the TP reduction and the resists, though the last slot kinda puzzles me on which might be more efficient. I was thinking either Cent/Resist for well... more resist, cause why not? Or a x/Technique so I could bring all of my offensive techs to max level, if that's worth it. Or even something else other than those or another Adept for further TP reduction (although at a diminished return).

Edited by Colton Doura

7 minutes ago, Colton Doura said:

So, I've been wondering for FOs when I'm going full caster mode on them, especially for my FOnewearl's case, what would be the best use of armor slot units to use alongside the mandatory v801 and centurion/mind? I was figuring slapping an Adept is nice for the TP reduction and the resists, though the last slot kinda puzzles me on which might be more efficient. I was thinking either Cent/Resist for well... more resist, cause why not? Or a x/Technique so I could bring all of my offensive techs to max level, if that's worth it. Or even something else other than those or another Adept for further TP reduction (although at a diminished return).

nuke fo, if your mst is maxed which it should theirs no reason for a cent mind. My foney i go v801 adept and 2 free slots, which where i go dictates what goes in those. My battle fo, my fomarl gets v801 cent battle adept and a free slot

1 hour ago, Colton Doura said:

In all honesty, in terms of "optimal play" you should never ever be a nuke FO really. Your best tools as a Force are Bringers Rifle and other demons weapons. You're meant to support the other players in the party and spamming techs sort of does the opposite of this. Spamming techs can make it harder to control the spawns and also "DMC's" which means to cancel out other sources of damage because a target is being damaged too quickly.

1 hour ago, O9B066 said:

nuke fo, if your mst is maxed which it should theirs no reason for a cent mind. My foney i go v801 adept and 2 free slots, which where i go dictates what goes in those. My battle fo, my fomarl gets v801 cent battle adept and a free slot

Ah right, I suppose from the MST bonuses from most FO weapons and the Alis/Hylian shields, it does make up for the cent/mind loss. Thanks. Makes it easier then!

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Wilson said:

In all honesty, in terms of "optimal play" you should never ever be a nuke FO really. Your best tools as a Force are Bringers Rifle and other demons weapons. You're meant to support the other players in the party and spamming techs sort of does the opposite of this. Spamming techs can make it harder to control the spawns and also "DMC's" which means to cancel out other sources of damage because a target is being damaged too quickly.

I'm well aware of all of this. I'd mostly be using this setup for solo farming (and maybe sometimes with a partnerĀ in) episode 4, where nuking mobs there is pretty damn OP with the right setup, lol.

Edited by Colton Doura

On 7/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, Colton Doura said:

Honestly it doesn't matter all that much. Sometimes you can do adept, sometimes cure/freeze or something, or maybe some centurion/hp or heart container to help with psycho wands hp drain, etc. It's really up to you. If you want to go super serious, then having a battle unit and mixing in some sn demons can technically make some solo things faster, but that takes a lot more effort haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How to get power/mind materials?

5 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

for most materials, its best just to hunt them with their normal drop. Greenil drops pow mat from ep1 hildeblue 7/8 and mind mat from pal rappy 7/8 i think

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

How do I get luck materials

-

Definitely better to do christmas catastrophe quest for luck mats over hunting off la dimenian. You can do it on very hard, so it's not that difficult. you run through mines1/2 and find a few computers on the way. At the end, every player gets 2 materials of their choice (including luck and tp) on vhard or ult (normal/hard give 1).

[...] about 15 min or so for a strong char to solo it on vhard [...]

for most materials, its best just to hunt them with their normal drop. Greenil drops pow mat from ep1 hildeblue 7/8 and mind mat from pal rappy 7/8 i think

Ā 

Ā 

----------------------------------------------------------

Ā 

Ā 

When it comes to min/maxing, is chugging all HP materials possible a wise decision?

No, but it's every specific as to why and what classes. Most of the time its just yes, but can technically have reasons not to.

Ā 

HP management things it can help to have more or less hp or to keep it at specific amounts. When it comes to hp, attacks >1/4 max hp will knock you down and give you iframes.

Ā 

And then there's things like, you want enough hp to survive high damage attacks (1400+ for bringer shot, 1500+ for falz blueballs doublehit, 15xx for vol opt trap laser), etc.

But then also manage hp with set damage attacks from enemies, which too high hp might be annoying to do.

Also, having less hp to survive some attacks, like hucaseal/humar might choose to stay under 1600hp and then not die to shambertin tornado since it doesn't multihit you then (does 400 damage, so if you dont get knocked down, take multiple hits and die). Or might choose to have less hp so that 2 delbiter charges will knock you to below 10% hp for chance at activating mag, 720hp on that attack.

But yea, there are several set damage attacks in the game that can be interesting to be either knocked down or not. Wont get knocked down by some attacks making them more dangerous, can be chained. Gilchic/morfos laser 420, bringer charge 700, bringer shot 1400, delbiter charge 720, delbiter laser 680, etc.

Good hp management and getting a mag invincibility trigger can be an important thing at high levels, can really help a lot.

Ā 

Ā 

SoĀ 1550-1600 is generally speaking a sweet spot?

Yeah, pretty much. More hp can actually be difficult to manage, racast/racaseal/hucast/ramar kinda have too much.

[...]

While using less hp mats for better hp management sounds like it'd be a useful thing, most classes are just always gonna be too high or too low and not in that right range where it actually matters.

Ā 

You can backtrack your material usage.

it does let you reset only 1 type at least

i think

the command to reset mats is free to use whenever

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/commands/

Are MAGs with invulnerability trigger amazing?

7 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

but yea, like another example i could give, is if humar leaves off a few of his hp mats, then he can activate mag off a falz blue balls doublehit. if he's full hp mats at 1670hp, then the 1500damage would put him to 170hp, which is more than 10% of his hp

for mag trigger to work, you must be hit from above 20% hp (bar still green), to below 10% hp in a very short amount of time. mag invincibility can be a real nice thing especially on hunters with df, as you can use it with impunity for 30ish seconds

invincibility

30ish seconds

[...]

The 'best' mags are ones that have triple invincibility, i.e. every mag trigger gives invincibility. That would be from entering boss room, hitting 100pb, or being knocked to <10% hp from above 20% hp

The 10% hp one is one that can be easily and often manipulated using the many set damage attacks of monsters. Being landed on by a gibbles does 700damage, so if you are at 800hp, you can potentially trigger mag. Or many other examples i could give. You can even do things like solo difficult quests like IDS by abusing this sort of thing alot, leave 1 gilchic just before dangerous spawn of baranz, have it laser you for 420 damage into mag trigger, then kill it and fight baranz.

Is MAG invincibility absoluteĀ invulnerability?

Funny thing, as strong as mag invincibility is, you can still die. [...] You can kill yourself with lavis/girasole while invulnerable;Ā berserk doesnt kill you though, that just drains you to 3hp then works infinitely (takes 1/4 of your hp, which is <1). [...]

Not just from lavis/girasole yourself, but it takes a couple frames before it actually starts working, and you can die before that happens. Attacks which multi-hit like shambertin tornado can often leave you dead on the ground with a dancing mag and invulnerability sparkles.

Psycho wand/psycho bridge/dark bridge drain can kill you too i guess.

Or some of the 1hp removal gear that drains hp as you walk

Ā 

------

Ā 

Dreamcast mag has 70% reverser trigger ratio :0

Very cool, isn't it?

That only works in 1p mode. It used to not work at all in blue burst actually. that only worked offline gamecube. We readded the feature for 1p mode not that long ago. It's never been a thing in online play, mag reverser doesnt work online and since blue burst always online, it wasnt a thing. IĀ remember my apsaras on gamecube saved my butt many a time, but had i been able to go online, it would not have been able to help me there.

I think sega just was doing it as a way to compensate for the fact you can't have teammates pick you up if you play offline haha.

Ā 

------

Ā 

MAG list on PSO ultimaĀ and their triggers:

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items&type=3

Edited by Limonada
formatting

I prefer to run La Dimenians for Luck Materials during non-event Happy Hours. If I run Christmas Catastrophe for materials it's generally for TP materials where it really is the only reliable source, and I need hundreds of them for maxing...

4 hours ago, Wavebuster said:

I prefer to run La Dimenians for Luck Materials during non-event Happy Hours. If I run Christmas Catastrophe for materials it's generally for TP materials where it really is the only reliable source, and I need hundreds of them for maxing...

I had to hunt luck mats before we had that quest. I would average about 17-22 when hunting the entire 3 hours of a happy hour, and i had to hunt at least 250 this way. Now getting 8 every 15min min with the quest is way way better. Even if you only have 1 account, it's still better than hunting la dimenian even during hh.

Do attribute %s take into account +grind ATP, or only the base ATP the weapon has? I remember being taught waaay back in the day that it's base ATP only, and when I was shown a Mille Faucille set with full 100%s and 80 hit on both I was confused if the %s were really worth the dough.

25 minutes ago, Wavebuster said:

Do attribute %s take into account +grind ATP, or only the base ATP the weapon has? I remember being taught waaay back in the day that it's base ATP only, and when I was shown a Mille Faucille set with full 100%s and 80 hit on both I was confused if the %s were really worth the dough.

Only the base ATP.Ā  Grind is computed after Attributes.Ā  That's why people don't tend to grind TypeME.