Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Ep I & II Max Attack S and Ep IV Reals of War are good as well

How does individual drops work? *can* four people each get a copy of a rare drop from a single monster? Are all drops according to host color ID or individuals?

Also, how does the donation system work? I converted a Last Survivor into two points, but I didn't see any change on my end, including individual and team points remaining at zero.

17 minutes ago, sabertooth2251 said:

How does individual drops work? *can* four people each get a copy of a rare drop from a single monster? Are all drops according to host color ID or individuals?

During individual drops, the server generates a separate drop for each player in the room.  This means that each player has their own chance to get a rare item.  There's a scaling factor on these rolls that I forget the numbers on, but as more people enter the room an individual's chance of getting a rare decreases while the sum chance for one to drop in the room (for any player) increases.

All drops are still according to the room leader's ID.

Yes, All 4 can get a rare drop from the same monster.  Each drop is independent of the other player's drops.

17 minutes ago, sabertooth2251 said:

Also, how does the donation system work? I converted a Last Survivor into two points, but I didn't see any change on my end, including individual and team points remaining at zero.

Team points are disabled on this server because all functionality they'd be used for are enabled by default. The donation system is different from team points.  To get Donation Tickets, you donate real world money to the server, and for each USD you donate you receive 1 donation ticket.  These donation tickets (dts) can be redeemed from a GM for game items based on this list, or traded to other players for items.  The dts appear on your forum profile next to the date joined field at the top.

Links to all this can be found in the Donation drop down menu at the top of the forum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neo-owen said:

are there specific mobs or bosses where i can get MAGs easily?

Make a new character and deposit their mag into your common bank to switch it between characters.

1 hour ago, neo-owen said:

are there specific mobs or bosses where i can get MAGs easily?

Generally people will create a new character and take the mag off it. This way you can choose the color of the mag, which is based on the outfit you select for the character (e.g. row 1 costume 1 is always red, row 2 costume 1 is always orange, etc.) Mags do technically drop from mines boxes on normal and hard I believe, but nobody ever does it like that.

Sooo, I found this thread from a few years back, and thought I could get a Rambling May

but it doesn't work anymore does it? I did all the steps right but the principal doesn't give me anything at the end. And yes, I am 100% sure I did all the steps just how it is explained.

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, I recreated the room and it worked...

Edited by Viande

Since it's not really a pressing question, for anyone reading now: What would be the ideal way for getting a Brightness Circle for the purposes of making a Neutron Skin? It's a pretty tough drop, but you can apparently make it with Spirit Garment + Star Amplifier. Would it then not have potential for above minimum stats if you do that?

Edited by Wavebuster

• 3 weeks later...

Few more questions, basically to make up my mind between a FOmarl or a FOnewearl

Is Lindcray better for a FOmarl? I seem to recall that it was, but I can't remember why. Also, is a Psycho Bridge worth it? How obvious is the health drain?

3 hours ago, Amzer said:

Few more questions, basically to make up my mind between a FOmarl or a FOnewearl

Is Lindcray better for a FOmarl? I seem to recall that it was, but I can't remember why. Also, is a Psycho Bridge worth it? How obvious is the health drain?

Health drain is the same as Pyscho wand... If you nuke and that's it then yes... Look up p wand check it's stats and keep in mind they go for 15 pds then look up psycho Bridge and compare to p wand.... And see if it's worth 315 or more dts it sells for 

On 6/9/2018 at 6:51 AM, Wavebuster said:

Since it's not really a pressing question, for anyone reading now: What would be the ideal way for getting a Brightness Circle for the purposes of making a Neutron Skin? It's a pretty tough drop, but you can apparently make it with Spirit Garment + Star Amplifier. Would it then not have potential for above minimum stats if you do that?

It could only have as much stat as the variance of the Spirit Garment, which is not very much (7def, 5evp). Hunting a Brightness Circle itself for stats is much more difficult, with the best drops being from skyly deldepth 1/2560 and redria zol gibbon 1/2100 ish. Neutron skin has very good base stat though, and honestly extra dfp/evp doesn't do all that much overall. I would suggest simply hunting a Spirit Garment at around 1/46 from vhard gibbles (red and yellow i think), than to actually hunt the brightness circle. Star Amplifier can drop from Pal Rappy on some id, so that is fairly common. The extra stats you could get from using a good brightness circle is more a bonus for people who get lucky in finding one, but it certainly doesn't make or break anything. Far easier to just get a spirit garment for it.

3 hours ago, Amzer said:

Lindcray is a bit slow on fomarl since she has really poor rifle animation, but it can still do some damage when you need the range. Instead she should use Rambling May with shot animation mos of the time though, which is incredibly fast on fomarl. In general, fomarl is better for atp damage, while fonewearl is better for demon damage and tech damage. Most of fomarl's attack animations are slower than other classes, but ones which are notable for being good are her shot, slicer, and twinsword ones. Some of her cast animations are better than fonewearls (doublesaber is fast on fomarl and medium on fonl, but unarmed and sword/partisan are quite bad on fonl while being decent on fomarl). Fomarl is generally easier overall since she has better growth and does not need two mags for maxing plans, fonewearl is better at a lot of specific things and can really excel over fomarl when played well but it's more tricky to do so and she gets pigeonholed a bit at times.
Psycho bridge is very strong, but most people aren't very good at using techs well. If you do a lot of solo ep4, it is very nice to have.

6 hours ago, Amzer said:

Psycho Bridge's health drain is the same as Psycho Wand's, iirc. It cuts TP costs in half, but drains its full cost from HP as well. You can reduce the health drain by having the weapon listed below any TP cost-reducing equips in your inventory before making or joining a game, like Mother Garb+ or Adepts. Like with Lv30 Grants which costs 76 TP...

Grants with PWand alone: 38TP and 76HP drain

Grants w/ PWand then MG+ in default sort order: 20TP and 76HP drain

Grants w/ MG+ then PWand in manual sort order: 20TP and 38HP drain

Hello lovely people of Ultima!  

I was chilling with my 7 years old daughter today when she said "Daddy why don't we play the game with the light swords and the big birds?"

So I popped the patcher. Started the game. I have been away for roughly a year. 10 seconds in, I missed you, Ultima!! I remember how awesome this community here. I remember how Lemon was SUPER MEGA NICE and helpful to me!

It's good to play again!

So I load a mission, step into the caves and 4/5 lilies I encounter are rares.

My question then: Have the rules on this server changed in the last year?

OH MY GOD you have a discord server!! I'm so in!  (As soon as I'm done playing)

• Like 1

There's a mini event going on, you might have noticed the name of your character has a green colour. When names are green like that, rare monster spawn rate is way higher than normal. So it's a good time to hunt if you need something off a rare monster. It will probably stay on for like a couple more days, unless the GMs forget to deactivate it!

And also welcome back =)