Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

49 minutes ago, starscreme said:

Is there a way in increase the font size of in-game chat? It's not so bad in 1080 but on my main rig with 1440 x 2560 resolution I really struggle to read the text. I've tried messing with the resolution but it makes the game look like trash.

There is no way to increase the font size (maybe if you use a font which has the size increased? I don't know if that would work).

You can also use a lower HUD resolution
If you have the resolution 1440 x 2560, then set the HUD 1080 x 1920. (If you meant 2560 x 1440, then obviously 1920 x 1080)

Another solution which might not be as good for you, is to use the chatlog addon, which can have the font size you want but obviously requires a bunch of external stuff.

2 hours ago, Soly said:

There is no way to increase the font size (maybe if you use a font which has the size increased? I don't know if that would work).

You can also use a lower HUD resolution
If you have the resolution 1440 x 2560, then set the HUD 1080 x 1920. (If you meant 2560 x 1440, then obviously 1920 x 1080)

Another solution which might not be as good for you, is to use the chatlog addon, which can have the font size you want but obviously requires a bunch of external stuff.

is it Esc's Chat Log Addon you refer to? If so, I can't get it to work. all my other addons work fine. Thanks for trying to help.

error.png

Edited by starscreme

The instructions in that topic are actually wrong (I have asked for them to be changed and submitted a PR with install instructions in the read me).
You need the folder "Chatlog" in the addon folder, the one named xxxx-master is not needed there.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2018 at 12:49 AM, Rifle said:

I know the general answer would be "1 of every ID" but if I wanted to stick to just 4 character slots for now, and I only play rangers and forces, what would the 4 most useful IDs be? I already have red and white.  Purp and Skyly seem popular, but I don't know how much of that (for Skyly) is SJS (which I don't want/need).  I have a pretty solid ranger setup already, so I'm just looking for force gear or generally useful/profitable items.  My next character is going to be a FOmarl, so if theres an ID that has a lot of great ep 4 drops, maybe keep that in mind.  Thanks!

Purple and green have a lot of similar drops overall, and both are pretty good in ep4 sub-desert with being the only id to have both sof and heaven striker there. Yellowboze has kroe's from eclair and v502 from kondrieu and heaven striker (though your redria also gets it), as well as being quite good in many other episodes and areas too. Oran is mostly only good in crater for v502 from astark + kondy and lame d'argent from dorphon, it's pretty lackluster everywhere else. Skyly does get lame d'argent like oran, but most good skyly drops are pretty niche and relatively difficult hunts, so it's not actually as good as people think.

Tier1
Whitill, Purplenum, Yellowboze

Tier2
Oran, Redria, Greenil, Skyly

Tier3
Viridia, Blueful

Tier4
nothing

Tier5
nothing

Tier6
Pinkal

Well, yes. That's why Fyre's post an hour ago referenced a few noteworthy drops from certain ID's.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

For clarification, the drop depends on the Section ID of the room owner. You can have three Pinkal in a room run by a Purpleboze player, for example, and the Purple drop table will apply even if the Purple player never does a point of damage or moves from the spawn point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kikori said:

Well, yes. That's why Fyre's post an hour ago referenced a few noteworthy drops from certain ID's.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

For clarification, the drop depends on the Section ID of the room owner. You can have three Pinkal in a room run by a Purpleboze player, for example, and the Purple drop table will apply even if the Purple player never does a point of damage or moves from the spawn point.

he has 2 guild cards and multiple characters, i'd say he's trolling.

• Dw 1

9 minutes ago, starscreme said:

he has 2 guild cards and multiple characters, i'd say he's trolling.

Yeah. Because it's not like i can't use them or  anything.

So i'm not allowed to create more than one Character? 

Edited by StarFox2223
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, StarFox2223 said:

Sure you are.

I just assumed that because you have multiple characters on multiple accounts and have been playing for at least 3 months and you're asking a question about id's effecting drops, right under a post explaining that id's effect drops, that you are trolling. My bad.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StarFox2223 said:

Please play this game before you waste people's time asking questions. This is something you could have found out if you actually played the game like you said you were going to, two months ago.

Edited by mudkipzjm
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Purple and green have a lot of similar drops overall, and both are pretty good in ep4 sub-desert with being the only id to have both sof and heaven striker there. Yellowboze has kroe's from eclair and v502 from kondrieu and heaven striker (though your redria also gets it), as well as being quite good in many other episodes and areas too. Oran is mostly only good in crater for v502 from astark + kondy and lame d'argent from dorphon, it's pretty lackluster everywhere else. Skyly does get lame d'argent like oran, but most good skyly drops are pretty niche and relatively difficult hunts, so it's not actually as good as people think.

Tier1
Whitill, Purplenum, Yellowboze

Tier2
Oran, Redria, Greenil, Skyly

Tier3
Viridia, Blueful

Tier4
nothing

Tier5
nothing

Tier6
Pinkal

I like the fact that you made a tier list. I've made ones like this in my head for a lot of things including section ID. I generally agree with everything although I'd personally move redria down one tier. Maybe it's better than I realize but generally it's helped me most during events and not much else. I normally get redria drops I want on other IDs. It doesn't seem like a top 5 section ID to me. I would also move Viridia down one tier. I don't find ADR that useful considering dress plate is easy to come by, and of course STA exists, I suppose it does have it's use since it's a shield instead of an armor although I'd rather just ttf with whitill. I generally find Bluefull to be on the level on redria in terms of viability with viridia slightly below due to it's lack of versatility. Greenill is kinda hard to place, but since materials are so incredibly useful I understand why you'd put it that high.

I also like how Pinkal gets two blank tiers above it to indicate it's unviability. I've played my Pinkal for almost 400 hours and it's been quite underwhelming. I even made a second FOnewm to satisfy my desire to play that class without suffering from a poor ID.

5 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Tier4
nothing

Tier5
nothing

Tier6
Pinkal

Hey, how about MotherGarb+? xD

And was the best ID to farm Seabed during Easter event for Sue's Coat, Kiss of Death and Centurion/Technique

... and gets STA from Dark Falz