Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

On 27/11/2017 at 6:29 AM, Soly said:

No, actually what he asked does happen.
If you are using the same PC for 2 or more clients, only the first one receives an item, this is meant to reduce the exploiting of multiple drops by someone running multiple clients.

By the way, is it possible not to consider a dual log in the DAR reduction ? 

1) Sometimes, people need to log another char for the section ID, but sadly it penalizes all players in the room

2) If one decides to play alone with multiclient, he doesnt need to switch to Shared mode to keep the 100% DAR (but would still get the drops on the first available char only)

3 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

While unreduced demon mechs are pretty strong, generally a bringer's rifle or demon raygun does perfectly fine on its own, since you only really need to hit once or twice with demons anyway before it becomes better to use another weapon (since it's -currentHP%).

Though Mechguns/Yasminkovs are way better as you can kill an enemy in a single combo by using a normal/hard attack as a last hit, like I did here at 3:53

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, R-78 said:

By the way, is it possible not to consider a dual log in the DAR reduction ? 

1) Sometimes, people need to log another char for the section ID, but sadly it penalizes all players in the room

2) If one decides to play alone with multiclient, he doesnt need to switch to Shared mode to keep the 100% DAR (but would still get the drops on the first available char only)

Though Mechguns/Yasminkovs are way better as you can kill an enemy in a single combo by using a normal/hard attack as a last hit, like I did here at 3:53

Oh for sure, there are definitely some fancy things you can do if the rng is willing, mechs can be quite nice to use. I just said that line to touch on the idea that oftentimes, far cheaper options can easily be argued as being 'good enough'. It is far easier to acquire a bringers rifle w/ 50hit than it is for demon yas9k or samba fiesta, and it can still serve well even for those players that have mechs. Love the song in that vid! :cr-music:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Love the song in that vid! :cr-music:

Lol, no wonder who originally made that beautiful OGG pack :rf-01:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, R-78 said:

Agreed, that's the biggest reason I was asking.  This person was killing seabed sinows in one SSH combo each, which looked like so much fun.  I already have a decent rifle with Demon's on it, but I want that kill speed and convenience factor of not having to switch.  Thanks for the info everybody!

1 hour ago, Rifle said:

Agreed, that's the biggest reason I was asking.  This person was killing seabed sinows in one SSH combo each, which looked like so much fun.  I already have a decent rifle with Demon's on it, but I want that kill speed and convenience factor of not having to switch.  Thanks for the info everybody!

The thing is, that isn't going to happen quite so easily regardless of what monster it is, a lot of luck plays into being able to do that. Demon's still only has a 50% activation chance after you hit (and hitting seabed sinows is not easy in the first place), so it's really easy to just get a full miss on combos at times. To do a combo kill with demons mechs also is usually only for fleshies; the reduced power of demon's on cast makes it even more difficult to land enough hits to work. Sinow Zele (red one) is a bit easier to hit than Sinow Zoa (blue one), but zele also has a lot less edk making them very susceptible to ohko hell weapons anyway, which is the general preferred method for them along with many other seabed enemies. Zoa is usually more reliable to kill with damage; with 30shifta, blank psycho ravens will kill them in a single nhh combo (especially if they are frozen).
Generally most people use things like Hell Rifle / Raygun, Asteron Striker, Sacred Bow, Ultima Reaper, Hell Yasminkov 7000v(rifle animation but uses shot autotargeting), 30megid, Kiss of Death, Type SH/Shot, or other such weapons for seabed. Delbiter would be the only enemy there that demons is definitely worth using on, as they are quite beefy, but even if you are playing ramarl/ramar and freeze them first, getting a combo kill isn't going to happen consistently. Demon yas9ks are usually more used in Tower.

14 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

That's not actually how it works for yas9k. You can get up to 85hit yasminkovs as a reward in roct, and even if you couldn't, you would still be expected to at least try to hunt with some hit (other stats are basically irrelevant on that weapon). Almost nothing is valued from 0, and type me/mechs is one of the few exceptions solely because you can only get them with all 0s. Demon yas9k are worth a good bit depending on how much hit, but it's more like 15dt for 30-40hit one (more if more hit, say 45dt ish for a 80hit one).

While unreduced demon mechs are pretty strong, generally a bringer's rifle or demon raygun does perfectly fine on its own, since you only really need to hit once or twice with demons anyway before it becomes better to use another weapon (since it's -currentHP%).

Trust me, I could have made my comment 10x as long and went into more detail, but I'm not you. Plus I don't know (nearly) as much as you. Also, I don't even play the game, and haven't in a long time, so my take on prices might be out of date anyways

I'm aware you can get 85 hit ones from roct, but it's not like you can count on getting some, or expect some. This is more so plausible, not so much practical. The number of 85h yas (from ROCT, since I'm sure there's prob a few that aren't) in comparison to 80h yas probably makes the 85h yas look almost nonexistent

I should have factored in that you can actually hunt Yas, you're right. This didn't cross my mind at all. I suppose that makes them less expensive, but that doesn't stop people from selling them for the same when they're maxed. I've never seen them as consistently less expensive than TypeME/Mechs when they're at 80 or 85 hit, but maybe they're consistently less expensive at lower stat points, like the 30-40hit you mentioned. I can't speak on that since I dunno

On the last part though, I actually have a question of my own. Wouldn't the demon on the raygun be "reduced" (or not unreduced I guess)? Not to say that the weapon wouldn't still be good, but it might confuse @Rifle as he was asking about unreduced demon weapons in specific. That being said I could just be wrong, and it's exactly what @Rifle was looking for the whole time. Curious on this

14 minutes ago, KarmaTheFoney said:

On the last part though, I actually have a question of my own. Wouldn't the demon on the raygun be "reduced" (or not unreduced I guess)? Not to say that the weapon wouldn't still be good, but it might confuse @Rifle as he was asking about unreduced demon weapons in specific. That being said I could just be wrong, and it's exactly what @Rifle was looking for the whole time. Curious on this

Rayguns specials shouldn't be reduced. As far as I know, the reductions generally only happen on weapons that multihit on one button press (mechs,  daggers, etc) and weapons that hit multiple targets (swords, shots, etc) to make up for the increased opportunities to proc. 

Edited by Rifle

2 minutes ago, KarmaTheFoney said:

Trust me, I could have made my comment 10x as long and went into more detail, but I'm not you. Plus I don't know (nearly) as much as you. Also, I don't even play the game, and haven't in a long time, so my take on prices might be out of date anyways

I'm aware you can get 85 hit ones from roct, but it's not like you can count on getting some, or expect some. This is more so plausible, not so much practical. The number of 85h yas (from ROCT, since I'm sure there's prob a few that aren't) in comparison to 80h yas probably makes the 85h yas look almost nonexistent

I should have factored in that you can actually hunt Yas, you're right. This didn't cross my mind at all. I suppose that makes them less expensive, but that doesn't stop people from selling them for the same when they're maxed. I've never seen them as consistently less expensive than TypeME/Mechs when they're at 80 or 85 hit, but maybe they're consistently less expensive at lower stat points, like the 30-40hit you mentioned. I can't speak on that since I dunno

You shouldn't expect to get 80-85hit from roct easily, but you can find 30+hit reasonably. It's a much larger range to find 30,35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 all told than just only hoping to get the highest possible only. It may not be the easiest thing to get high hit yasminkov from roct, but the potential is there, and that does affect how much a high hit one is worth.

Demon raygun is not reduced. Reduction is something that only affects weapons that hit multiple targets or multiple times per button press, and even then only affect basic orange box weapons and basic 9star rares (mostly the original three 9star rares of each type). Any Single Target Single Hit weapons would not be affected by reduction. Reduction is something that divides the power or proc chance amongst the hits that weapon does, so a geist dagger would steal 50tp per hit (100total over the attack, reduced by 1/2), a geist vulcan would steal 33tp per hit (100tp over total attack, reduced by 1/3). Shot reduced by 1/5, slicer by 1/4, swords and partisans by 1/2, etc.. A Raygun and a Rifle only shoot 1 bullet per button press, they would never be reduced since they do not hit multiple times or hit multiple enemies.

Rifle was asking about what mechguns would be unreduced, but the thing is that you first need a mechgun that does not already have a special on it, so that a new one could be added, and there aren't really many candidates there; the only ones are yas9k, type me/mech, and s-rank mechs, and all of those would be unreduced demons (it's pretty much just the original three basic 9star that have reduction, with only a few exceptions). All other rare mechguns already have a special on them.

58 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

You shouldn't expect to get 80-85hit from roct easily, but you can find 30+hit reasonably. It's a much larger range to find 30,35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 all told than just only hoping to get the highest possible only. It may not be the easiest thing to get high hit yasminkov from roct, but the potential is there, and that does affect how much a high hit one is worth.

I didn't add this because in my mind, this was essentially included in the "you can hunt yas" statement. I just meant it's not reasonable to expect a perfect one from ROCT. I've found lower hit ones, and it's not incredibly uncommon from what I've seen, so yeah, you're right, like I said originally. I do agree that it SHOULD affect the price of a max hit one, I just don't think that people actually care. Some people do sell them cheaper, some don't. Again, I just meant it's not consistent

Demon raygun is not reduced. Reduction is something that only affects weapons that hit multiple targets or multiple times per button press, and even then only affect basic orange box weapons and basic 9star rares (mostly the original three 9star rares of each type). Any Single Target Single Hit weapons would not be affected by reduction. Reduction is something that divides the power or proc chance amongst the hits that weapon does, so a geist dagger would steal 50tp per hit (100total over the attack, reduced by 1/2), a geist vulcan would steal 33tp per hit (100tp over total attack, reduced by 1/3). Shot reduced by 1/5, slicer by 1/4, swords and partisans by 1/2, etc.. A Raygun and a Rifle only shoot 1 bullet per button press, they would never be reduced since they do not hit multiple times or hit multiple enemies.

Thanks for the info. Seems so simple how it works after actually reading it, but it was like a maze in my head before this

Rifle was asking about what mechguns would be unreduced, but the thing is that you first need a mechgun that does not already have a special on it, so that a new one could be added, and there aren't really many candidates there; the only ones are yas9k, type me/mech, and s-rank mechs, and all of those would be unreduced demons (it's pretty much just the original three basic 9star that have reduction, with only a few exceptions). All other rare mechguns already have a special on them.

These are the three I could think of, so good to know there isn't more because it was driving me insane. I just didn't mention S-Rank Mechs because it's not what I think Rifle is looking for, considering you can't add hit and people don't typically prefer these for demon (or any special that you can also have on a Type weapon, for the most part) over the other two options listed.

Spoiler

Okay so my knowledge on S-Rank weapons is very limited. I've done C-Mode to get some, bought some, sold some, whatever. After all of that, my thoughts on them are still pretty lackluster. I've seen posts in the past that say something to the degree of "Type weapons are just upgraded versions of S-rank weapons," and for the most part I actually agree

I know you can add certain specials to S-Ranks that you can't add to Type weapons, such as Zalure. This is what I've seen as the most common use for them, as I'm sure comes to no surprise. I've also seen lots of Needles/J-Cutters that have specials that aren't Zalure, such as Blizzard, Hell, Berserk, etc.. For most (maybe not most) S-Ranks though, are they actually just worse versions? Assuming you own both, why use S-Rank demon mechs if you could use 80 hit TypeME/Mechs with demon? Why use an S-Rank Shot with Hell if you could just use an 80 hit TypeSH/Shot with Hell? I'm not saying there's no reason, I'm asking if there is one.

One reason I've heard: Is it true that S-Rank weapons have some property where if you special first in a combo, that special attack is more likely to hit than a special on a non S-Rank weapon? I've heard this tossed around, but never before on Ultima, just on other servers. I've heard it consistently with Hell Needle, if that adds anything. So I'm not sure if it's entirely false, true on other servers but not Ultima, or true everywhere because it's just a part of PSO. I'd like to know if you do

Edited by KarmaTheFoney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RawrKill said:

Hello big time noob here and first time doner. just donated some money to the server and was wondering where i can donation tickets. are they available right away? thank you!

They are automatically added to your forum profile (you should be able to see them on there already), you should also receive a confirmation pm when that happens. You can contact any GM to redeem them, or you can trade them with other players for their items by working out a deal with them and using the send dts page.

how much do charge weapons (mostly mechs, but also wondering about ones like vjaya or fury of the beast) benefit from percents? wondering if it's a worthwhile investment putting %s on cyas besides hit

41 minutes ago, snail_lord said:

how much do charge weapons (mostly mechs, but also wondering about ones like vjaya or fury of the beast) benefit from percents? wondering if it's a worthwhile investment putting %s on cyas besides hit

Attribute %s affect the weaponATP. Therefore things like Charge Vulcan (38atp) will benefit far less than things like fury of the beast(700atp). Charge Yas is generally not worth it because the weaponATP is pretty low (100), its power comes from the range and the fact that it hits 3 times per attack, rather than from the atp of the weapon. Adding 100% would only add 100 more atp, which won't add that much more damage. On the other hand, adding 100% to an excalibur would add an extra 950 atp. I hope that explains it well.

• Thanks 1

what equips should i focus on for my RAmar? currently at level ~100, i have the following:

Hundred Souls 0/0/0/35/35

Diska of Braveman 0/0/0/0/45

Hell Laser 50/0/0/50/30

Charge Vulcan 0/0/0/5/50

Bringer's Rifle 0/0/0/0/50

Frozen Shooter 0/0/25/0/40

Baranz Launcher 0/0/0/0/40

Zalure Needle 

Cannon Rouge 45/0/0/45/30

Guardian Angel Costume

I know i should probably get a Spread Needle or Arrest Needle, but what else is vital that i don't have (besides DM)

Hello all. Last time when i was here i found topic with maximum monster counts for every monster and quests with them. Now i can't find topic - asking for help. Thank you.

I found it, close q =)

Edited by DeIVIoN