Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I keep seeing people mentioning Yasminkov 9000's with a Demon special on it, but the normal Yas 9K's don't have a special. Is there a way to add a special to weapons without them, or is it some kind of server-exclusive variant?

12 minutes ago, teh2chao2 said:

I keep seeing people mentioning Yasminkov 9000's with a Demon special on it, but the normal Yas 9K's don't have a special. Is there a way to add a special to weapons without them, or is it some kind of server-exclusive variant?

you can donate 10 dts and add any special to it

12 minutes ago, teh2chao2 said:

you can donate 10 dts and add any special to it

16 hours ago, Sinow Dark said:

So, I'm utterly sick and tired of being Bluefull because it's just a garbage ID all-around. In everyone's (or anyone's) personal opinion, what would be the best Section ID for a HUCast?

Ā 

There's some good drops on Bluefall but yeah, its not very friendly in the long run lol.
Ā 

I would say Skyly, Redria, Oran, Purplenum and Whitill are all good ID's with really good drops respectively to them but Skyly usuallyĀ gets the cake and eat it, during event times. I would say Skyly because there's a lot of HU weapons to be gathered from it.Ā 

So, I'm utterly sick and tired of being Bluefull because it's just a garbage ID all-around. In everyone's (or anyone's) personal opinion, what would be the best Section ID for a HUCast?

Ā 

There's some good drops on Bluefall but yeah, its not very friendly in the long run lol.
Ā 

I would say Skyly, Redria, Oran, Purplenum and Whitill are all good ID's with really good drops respectively to them but Skyly usuallyĀ gets the cake and eat it, during event times. I would say Skyly because there's a lot of HU weapons to be gathered from it.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I would say Skyly, Redria, Oran, Purplenum and Whitill are all good ID's with really good drops respectively to them but Skyly usuallyĀ gets the cake and eat it, during event times. I would say Skyly because there's a lot of HU weapons to be gathered from it and its a strong and popular ID overall.

Ā 

Ā 

I would say Skyly, Redria, Oran, Purplenum and Whitill are all good ID's with really good drops respectively to them but Skyly usuallyĀ gets the cake and eat it, during event times. I would say Skyly because there's a lot of HU weapons to be gathered from it and its a strong and popular ID overall.

so i keep seeing people talk about things like hylian shield/sword, costumes and other items ive never heard of in this game before. i assume they are server added items. Is there like a drop list for all the server added content anywhere so i know where to get all these different items?

21 minutes ago, DashXavier said:

so i keep seeing people talk about things like hylian shield/sword, costumes and other items ive never heard of in this game before. i assume they are server added items. Is there like a drop list for all the server added content anywhere so i know where to get all these different items?

Most of these are event items.

When you can hunt event items:

Mostly up to date list of event items:

More information on all game items can be found here:

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

Ā 

@Soly Ive noticed with @El Socko that if you use a pass like 1. And if someone type 123456789 he can still join the room even if the pass is 1 lol did it use to be that way? :P

Edited by Night
that socko cant say something bout my grammar lol

37 minutes ago, Night said:

@Soly I've noticed with @El Socko that if you use a pass like 1 and somebody types 123456789, he can still join the room even if the pass is 1. LOL, did it use to be that way? :P

Fixed your spelling, grammar etc. (last sentence still seems a little sketchy, let the native speakers comment on it)

:P:onion-head69:

Edited by El Socko
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, El Socko said:

Fixed your spelling, grammar etc. (last sentence still seems a little sketchy, let the native speakers comment on it)

:P:onion-head69:

just to let you know: I HATE YOU xD and btw once was not a grammar thing it was the wrong word lol

10 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Sounds like someone used == instead of === (or some shitty hash comparison...)

@NightĀ I guess that if someone set a pass like "q" and if someone type "qwerty" they can't get in, right ?

Ā 

well i havent tried it exactly lol but it worked with pass 66 and if you ve typed 666 you were able to join ^^

9 hours ago, Night said:

@Soly Ive noticed with @El Socko that if you use a pass like 1. And if someone type 123456789 he can still join the room even if the pass is 1 lol did it use to be that way? :P

That problem is from original Tethealla.

8 hours ago, Misombre said:

Sounds like someone used == instead of === (or some shitty hash comparison...)

@NightĀ I guess that if someone set a pass like "q" and if someone type "qwerty" they can't get in, right ?

Lol, is not as easy as that, and it makes no sense anyway (afaik, don't really use languages that have === comparisons).
If you have 2 strings that differ only by length, would == vs === change the result?

The problem can be seen here.
Specifically this partĀ 

while (*p != 0x00)
{
	if (*p != *c)
		password_match = 0;
	p++;
	c++;
}

Basically if the room password is a sub-string of the entered password (starting at index 0) it will match it and let you enter, this is because once the room password length is reached, the server will stop comparing.

As I said up there, this error has been there since the server was originally coded.
I'll see if I can fix it for the next update.

Wouldn't adding

password_match = (password_match & (*c == 0x00))

at the end to make sure the entered password is also done right?