Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

16 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Humar is a little more technical to play than other hu.....

Thank you, it seems that in short, i need to "git gud" if i want to solo HUmar in ult. 

Follow up question - does Crimson Sword / Holy Ray need hit% to be effective? And by effective mean i can reliably expect enemies to be paralyzed? 

58 minutes ago, CGault11 said:

Thank you, it seems that in short, i need to "git gud" if i want to solo HUmar in ult. 

Follow up question - does Crimson Sword / Holy Ray need hit% to be effective? And by effective mean i can reliably expect enemies to be paralyzed? 

That depends greatly on which enemies. Androids get a bonus to paralysis specials in ultimate, so they can do it a little better on higher esp enemies. I have a 70hit crimson sword (had an roct 60h red sword that I bumped up to 70 in hit event) and I can reliably paralyze dolmolms/dolmdarls in seabed, and NHH sinow zoa and things like that. It has a lot of base ata on it(85), so with 40+hit it should do well. Holy Ray is also pretty high base ata (70), so it can do well too. Humar doesn't have the luxury of 'get out of jail free' freeze traps, so he has to actually know how to move and dodge well. It's very fun to play when you are good, a nice bob n weave style of jumping in and out of combat can be really satisfying at high levels.

Just now, Fyrewolf5 said:

That depends greatly on which enemies. Androids get a bonus to paralysis specials in ultimate, so they can do it a little better on higher esp enemies. I have a 70hit crimson sword (had an roct 60h red sword that I bumped up to 70 in hit event) and I can reliably paralyze dolmolms/dolmdarls in seabed, and NHH sinow zoa and things like that. It has a lot of base ata on it(85), so with 40+hit it should do well. Holy Ray is also pretty high base ata (70), so it can do well too. Humar doesn't have the luxury of 'get out of jail free' freeze traps, so he has to actually know how to move and dodge well. It's very fun to play when you are good, a nice bob n weave style of jumping in and out of combat can be really satisfying at high levels.

B>hit event/chromatic orb/ROCTrewardredswordtoreplacemy0hit

Seriously though, thank you for always being helpful. I am excited to keep chugging away with this HUmar as it was my first character. Not sure how bobbing and weaving works when all the enemies are faster than me. I guess it is a combination of stun dodge and attack right after the dodge. If anyone has good videos of HUmar playstyle on this server in Ultimate it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, CGault11 said:

B>hit event/chromatic orb/ROCTrewardredswordtoreplacemy0hit

Seriously though, thank you for always being helpful. I am excited to keep chugging away with this HUmar as it was my first character. Not sure how bobbing and weaving works when all the enemies are faster than me. I guess it is a combination of stun dodge and attack right after the dodge. If anyone has good videos of HUmar playstyle on this server in Ultimate it would be greatly appreciated. 

The enemies are the same speed as your run speed mostly. They stop moving to attack you, which lets you dodge around them easily. Also, in between combos you want to keep your menu up or have no targeting moves on your 0-9 and back pallete and hold back pallete button, that'll keep you from slowing to a walk near things you can target. I can show you basic dodge mechanics in game if you want.

2 minutes ago, Pinta77 said:

Hey I just got PSO on GameCube. Never played before. I know this is a stupid question, but what are mags and what do they do?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=957

This should cover the basics

I realize you can donate some PB points when you're next to another player who unleashes a PB. What key do you press on the keyboard to donate? And do you do it before or after the PB animation? I don't understand the mechanic behind that. Any help much appreciated! I would like to gain that extra s/d boost when someone uses Twins .. D=

Just now, Aiyo Kunana said:

I realize you can donate some PB points when you're next to another player who unleashes a PB. What key do you press on the keyboard to donate? And do you do it before or after the PB animation? I don't understand the mechanic behind that. Any help much appreciated! I would like to gain that extra s/d boost when someone uses Twins .. D=

You press the end key, and you do it during the animation

32 minutes ago, teh2chao2 said:

It's to my understanding that the Ashura Mag Cell is used to create the Elenor Mag, yes?
Can someone tell me which event it's normally distributed in?

It comes out of Easter Eggs and Christmas Presents.

Edited by Fyrewolf5