Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

There are many open RT rooms during this event ... Join them, not only you will level up very quickly but you will also get a chance finding the most valuable item of the server thanks to individual drops ...

And most important (to complete what r-78 is saying), you will be able to learn the "how to do it" like a pro. Level and stuff sure are important and will ease your runs, but knowing the behavior/weaknesses/spawn of monsters will greatly help ! Basically, if you learn correctly the tips and ways : every run will be at your reachĀ (every run that normal people can normally solo, given that some quests requiert to be at least in duo or trio).

Now of course having some levels to back this knowledgeĀ is important ;Ā but it is not like you can go on any game and ask at level 1 to do the final dungeons.

2 hours ago, Misombre said:

And most important (to complete what r-78 is saying), you will be able to learn the "how to do it" like a pro. Level and stuff sure are important and will ease your runs, but knowing the behavior/weaknesses/spawn of monsters will greatly help ! Basically, if you learn correctly the tips and ways : every run will be at your reachĀ (every run that normal people can normally solo, given that some quests requiert to be at least in duo or trio).

Now of course having some levels to back this knowledgeĀ is important ;Ā but it is not like you can go on any game and ask at level 1 to do the final dungeons.

Well even after all these years I've still yet to learn the behavior/weaknesses/ spawn of monsters. But I'll keep trying, maybe one day I'll get more than just meseta for 3 straight hours of HH.

18 minutes ago, Starlord said:

ButĀ I'll keep trying, maybe one day I'll get more than just meseta for 3 straight hours of HH.

Call me if you need some sabers

40 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Well even after all these years I've still yet to learn the behavior/weaknesses/ spawn of monsters. But I'll keep trying, maybe one day I'll get more than just meseta for 3 straight hours of HH.

I feel your pain. But don't worry, if some of my luck brushes off on you, soonish Olga will throw in a bunch of Mono- and Dimates into the bargain. Awesome innit!

How do I bind things to the "secondary palatte" (when holding ctrl) for 0-9?

I know how to bind things to 0-9 for the main palatte. But I can't figure out how to bind to them for the second palatte.

Ā 

Thanks!

Anyone have a good link to a guide on special attacks from weapons for monster resistances? Ā If not could someone please list them for ultimate mode or a general idea so I could use it for referencing as a guide please? Thanks.

17 hours ago, Kraven202 said:

where do i find del rol le shell/shield? how much does it cost??

De Rol Le shield is in Black Paper Deal 2 on normal. It only costs like 1 pd or so.
Ā 

3 hours ago, Ragol99 said:

Anyone have a good link to a guide on special attacks from weapons for monster resistances? Ā If not could someone please list them for ultimate mode or a general idea so I could use it for referencing as a guide please? Thanks.

Do you mean enemy ESP stat (the chance to resist being paralyzed, confused, or frozen; hell uses EDK)? If you want a good beastiary, thenĀ http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/monstres/liste.php is pretty accurate to vanilla, though ultima server has buffed monsters which can have some higher values, and some of the monsters may list a value which suggests they could be affected, but they are actually just immune to some or all status effects. Additionally, some may be exceedingly difficult or impossible to to apply as a human/newman, but cast/caseal gets a 30% proc bonus in ultimate difficulty that could make up for or overcome some resistance ranges.

That does help thanks Fyre. I also wanted to break it down a little more so here is an example. Say I have an arrest needle in the forest on ultimate mode Ā I use it on a bartle works fine. Yet then I got to use a hell sh/shot type weapon on them and it misses over and over with 400 ata almost and the use of v502. I just wanted to know what special attack on weapons off the elemental chart is effective against each monster. If a guide existed for ultimate for it telling me I should use arrest vs. Monster A, and Hell vs. monster B etc? I keep coming across ones for techniques only. I play only Ramar and Humar... I kinda wanted to know which weapon is most effective for each special vs each specific monster. If nothing less a general guide or list to give me an idea to use as a basis. Also one more example seaside area the flying monsters that spawn forgot name off the top of my head bee things hell Ā special from weapons is highly effective against. I wanted to know which special works best vs each. I remember an old guide from Gamecube days in a book had it broken down such as use arrest vs these monsters they are weak against it etc. Ā That guide does help I just read more into it it was in french so I was a bit lost lol thanks fyre.Ā 

Edited by Ragol99

3 hours ago, Ragol99 said:

That does help thanks Fyre. I also wanted to break it down a little more so here is an example. Say I have an arrest needle in the forest on ultimate mode Ā I use it on a bartle works fine. Yet then I got to use a hell sh/shot type weapon on them and it misses over and over with 400 ata almost and the use of v502. I just wanted to know what special attack on weapons off the elemental chart is effective against each monster. If a guide existed for ultimate for it telling me I should use arrest vs. Monster A, and Hell vs. monster B etc? I keep coming across ones for techniques only. I play only Ramar and Humar... I kinda wanted to know which weapon is most effective for each special vs each specific monster. If nothing less a general guide or list to give me an idea to use as a basis. Also one more example seaside area the flying monsters that spawn forgot name off the top of my head bee things hell Ā special from weapons is highly effective against. I wanted to know which special works best vs each. I remember an old guide from Gamecube days in a book had it broken down such as use arrest vs these monsters they are weak against it etc. Ā That guide does help I just read more into it it was in french so I was a bit lost lol thanks fyre.Ā 

Well for example if you look at the bartle stats there, it says they have 17esp and 70edk in ultimate multiplayer mode (these may be slightly higher for ultima). Arrest is 80% proc and hell is 93% proc.

Your chance to paralyze them with Arrest level special would look like this:
(((Proc Rate + Cast Bonus) - ESP) x 502bonus) = Final Chance
(((80Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  + 0Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ) - 17 ) Ā  x 1.5 )Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  = 79.5% chance to paralyze if hit
Androids have a 30% bonus chance to paralyze/freeze/confuse/expsteal in ultimate, effectively 45% more chance after 502 to paralyze enemies.

Your chance to ohko with Hell level special would look like this:
((Proc Rate - EDK) x 502bonus) = Final Chance
((93Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - 70Ā Ā  ) x 2Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  = 46% chance to ohko if hit

Most enemies that are considered weak to hell have 50-60 edk in ultimate (basically nothing has less than 50). At around 80edk, megid becomes highly unreliable (it already kinda sucks before anyway), and hell is still possible but is a bit of a gamble. Higher than that and stuff is basically going to be mostly immune to hell/megid, other than very lucky chances.
Enemies with 33 or less esp will be able to have 100% paralysis chance on hit as a cast (73.5% on human/newman). At 50esp, cast has 90% chance to paralyze still, but can start to get tricky for human/newman. At 65+, it's not really worth it for human/newman to go for often, but cast still does fine. 100 or more and it's not worth it ever.

1 minute ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Well for example if you look at the bartle stats there, it says they have 17esp and 70edk in ultimate multiplayer mode (these may be slightly higher for ultima). Arrest is 80% proc and hell is 93% proc.

Your chance to paralyze them with Arrest level special would look like this:
(((Proc Rate + Cast Bonus) - ESP) x 502bonus) = Final Chance
(((80Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  + 0Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ) - 17 ) Ā  x 1.5 )Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  = 79.5% chance to paralyze if hit
Androids have a 30% bonus chance to paralyze/freeze/confuse/expsteal in ultimate, effectively 45% more chance after 502 to paralyze enemies.

Your chance to ohko with Hell level special would look like this:
((Proc Rate - EDK) x 502bonus) = Final Chance
((93Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  - 70Ā Ā  ) x 2Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  = 46% chance to ohko if hit

Most enemies that are considered weak to hell have 50-60 edk in ultimate (basically nothing has less than 50). At around 80edk, megid becomes highly unreliable (it already kinda sucks before anyway), and hell is still possible but is a bit of a gamble. Higher than that and stuff is basically going to be mostly immune to hell/megid, other than very lucky chances.
Enemies with 33 or less esp will be able to have 100% paralysis chance on hit as a cast (73.5% on human/newman). At 50esp, cast has 90% chance to paralyze still, but can start to get tricky for human/newman. At 65+, it's not really worth it for human/newman to go for often, but cast still does fine. 100 or more and it's not worth it ever.

Thank you very much this and the post before answered all my questions clearly now. Appreciate it I really do, I also under stand it completely now on how to determine if it's good or not. ;)