Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

4 hours ago, ZQuasar64 said:

Could also mean Damage Trap(s)

I have never seen it mean damage trap.  Almost 100% of the time they refer to donation tickets.

imho, making a DB (and keeping it as a DB) is a massive waste of a PGF. PB I think is worth it for players who solo very very often on their FO in EP 4, but otherwise I don't think it's a wise investment. I don't even like playing HU or have one on Ultima, but if I found PGFs to make DM and to trade for STA, I'd probably make a HU to DF with or make a 2nd DM before I made a PB for my FO

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

Is Dark Bridge even worthwhile to have against Psycho Bridge?

From what I know, it just boost Grants, makes Megid pierce, halves TP cost and cause some random confusion/paralise/freeze, etc. I know it looks pretty and all, but the difference between Dark Bridge and Mercurius Rod isn't that great to waste a PGF on it right?

And comparing Psycho Bridge vs Psycho Wand, is the RA boost great enough to make it worthwhile?

I love playing force in ep 4 so PB is definitely a yes. Besides, at level 200, we rarely die from a single attack so STA is not that necessary. I don't see why ppl so crazy about it. DF is fucking difficult to use. You can die easily if you want to use its special attack.

DB is a terrible weapon with no boost on RA spells and inflicts bullshit status. It is worse than PW. So if you decide to use PGF, go all the way and upgrade it to PB

37 minutes ago, Kraven202 said:

does anyone have a pic of the ashura mag? i wana know what it looks like but i cant find anything . -. also what bonuses does it give at low health etc.?

Asura mag cell makes elenor mag.  

Edited by Lemon

8 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Is Dark Bridge even worthwhile to have against Psycho Bridge?

From what I know, it just boost Grants, makes Megid pierce, halves TP cost and cause some random confusion/paralise/freeze, etc. I know it looks pretty and all, but the difference between Dark Bridge and Mercurius Rod isn't that great to waste a PGF on it right?

And comparing Psycho Bridge vs Psycho Wand, is the RA boost great enough to make it worthwhile?

Dark bridge can be usefull on a lot of situation.. for me its db then pb.

Cause the db has doubled zal and zal is more needed than jellen. If you run stuff like mines. Cave or areas where mobs are where you dont need jellen the db is great to have. Also it halves your tp cost (hp cost are also halved. Pb takes 40hp for a ra tech lvl30, db only 20)

About the negative effect. Icant remember the exact time but midori explained me something about 5mins or so. If you have db longer equipped than 5 mins then those effects appear)

And i use db on my fo alot but never got any negative effects while playing :P Also those 10% more than merc rod are worth it.. i mean more dmg is more dmg. Its a luxury thing but if you need 1 grants less to kill a mob then it saves you a few seconds ( i think more in ep4)

Also you will notice if you need 5 or 6 grants for a dorphon ^^ but since i rarely use grants (only on bosses in a few situations) its like i said a luxury thing (but in my opinion still worth it)

Megid pierce is cool but i think its useless since fos can use 80hit hell guns, also there are a lot of weps which have that included but db is like a merc rod fusioned with a demonic fork) would save a slot

And to not forget about its the only weapon which do those wiggly things which looks ultra sick :) Thats only my opinion but i think if you know how to db can be useful as much as df or dm :)  and to not forget about.you can use the zerk special on bosses to cut hp to get your mag to invince range. And you deal at the same time nice dmg (not as nice as hundred souls but if you get invinc you can deal more dmg than without

End xD

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZQuasar64 said:

"This item has technique boosts but frames do not make use of them "

What does this mean?!

Source:

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=010146

That's a generic line written in there for the moment I think. Ignition cloak boosts foie/gifoie/rafoie by 10%. However, there are very, very few armors in the game that boost techniques, and those that do are hardcoded, so it's difficult to add new armors to the game with techboosts. The old descriptions of Sue's Coat and Godric's Cloak mentioned tech boosts that we had added to them which did not work; that line was likely meant for those specific armors.

We really should make the DB boosts better :/

Why are all of the special events on the server only geared towards extremely high leveled characters? =/ Yes there's stuff on V.hard but let's be honest, nothing is of particular use, only silly or gimmicky things that mean virtually nothing. Not everyone is 160+ with exceptional gear.

This is the third event in a row for me to be at a point where I can't participate and have a shot at getting anything worthwhile because I simply don't have a character with gear or enough levels to even broach the realm of surviving.  These "once a year" items are basically only available to a select group and for such a finite amount of time.

2 hours ago, Imasock said:

Why are all of the special events on the server only geared towards extremely high leveled characters? =/ Yes there's stuff on V.hard but let's be honest, nothing is of particular use, only silly or gimmicky things that mean virtually nothing. Not everyone is 160+ with exceptional gear.

This is the third event in a row for me to be at a point where I can't participate and have a shot at getting anything worthwhile because I simply don't have a character with gear or enough levels to even broach the realm of surviving.  These "once a year" items are basically only available to a select group and for such a finite amount of time.

While they are mostly designed as post-endgame content, it seems odd to claim that you can't participate in the past 3 events. Halloween had many of it's major new items, such as chromatic orb, drop on very hard as well as ultimate, and the vampire cloak was on very hard too (not to mention hallo rappies on every difficulty). I could see some merits to such an argument perhaps for anniversary, but even though the anniversary items are very high-end things (naka's cards and ultima engine on vhard still at least), you could still feasibly team up with others to hunt for the items quite well, or solo the first ill gill of pw4 for items at worst (while not easy, it's not impossible to find a setup to take on a solitary one at low levels). Christmas is loaded with items everywhere, and some of those vhard drops are actually good (rambling may is amazing for vhard it's one of the best guns in the entire game, tension blaster and kunai are ok, green ring is pretty great for teams without red rings, chameleon scythe has its usefulness for tp steal, and the various merges that drop can be nice for a force).
Is your issue that you don't have levels yet? x5 exp events have happened several times, and there are no shortage of players that can help you level still (RT is a great way to level on ultimate and everyone wants to do that right now). Is the issue lack of damage/gear? Perhaps you could get a slicer of fanatic from black paper deal 1 zu route on vhard for demons, or buy a cheap bringers arm off of someone, or some other basic cheap items from bpd or other players (maybe red sword/demolition comet/jizai for hunter? or frozen shooter / baranz launcher / bringers arm for ranger?), and try asking to team up with a group of players to do some hunting. We also have Rare Monster boost on right now (indicated by green names), which means it is quite easy to hunt various materials on normal difficulty (i.e. greenil normal ep1 hildeblue 7/8 power material, oran/blueful normal ep1 al rappy 7/8 hp material, photon crystals 1/3 from ep4 rare enemies on normal), which can help boost up your character some more. You can also get no0b/hp from christmas presents on any difficulty, which can help you get some more hp if survivability is your issue.
There are many other users that will start a new char on this server from scratch and be leveled up to 90-100 within hours by asking for help from others for powerleveling, and be able to get together some basic gear and extra levels in the next few days/weeks. Perhaps if you could explain some specifics of what exactly you are struggling with, it will be easier to figure out how you can proceed to power up your characters.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2