Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

24 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

What's CCA, why do people always do it and who do I need to bribe to have some? (I make it sound like an illegal substance)

CCA = Central Control Area. This is mostly used to refer to the area leading up to gal gryphon, though it technically also contains the jungle, mountain, and seaside areas too. If you hit the switches in jungle, mountain, and seaside, it unlocks the door to cca for you in that difficulty in every game that you make. When people do CCA, they are rushing to gal gryphon to kill him for exp usually.

I know the place well, I played through EP2 countless times offline on GC, though offline you had to go through the whole deal everytime. However, since Ultima's "CCA" was so popular, I figured it meant some sort of awesome quest named after it.

Right. So that's what people meant by "did you unlock it".  Because I have looked up and down, left and right and I could never, ever find "those quests that unlocked that mysterious CCA, whatever it was".

So now all I need is to find people to trek through the three sub-zones with me to unlock it.  

Thank you my good sir!

Hello !

What does "CTR" means ? At the far right of the armor list here : http://www.sandrenyl.com/pso/armor.html ?

PS : Thank you so much ♥ Sandrenyl ♥

Noopy

Edit : Thank you TripleR !

Edited by Noopy
Say thanks

CTR is combined total resistance, and basically just adds the total I don't think it ever does anything in game, just a piece of information on that site

Have you already used HP mats bloodseeker? if so that would explain why you are 250 short as noob/hps only give a 600 hp boost over your base hp,

• Like 1

On 11/6/2016 at 7:13 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

CCA = Central Control Area. This is mostly used to refer to the area leading up to gal gryphon, though it technically also contains the jungle, mountain, and seaside areas too. If you hit the switches in jungle, mountain, and seaside, it unlocks the door to cca for you in that difficulty in every game that you make. When people do CCA, they are rushing to gal gryphon to kill him for exp usually.

And gain nice experience pretty quickly as well

The awesome and humorous guide you guys have here that tells us how to convert enemy parts into weapons tells us to do it on normal.  

Any special reason?  I'm about to do just about every quest I can on very Hard because it's more fun and obviously more exp.  Will I get the same results?

47 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

The awesome and humorous guide you guys have here that tells us how to convert enemy parts into weapons tells us to do it on normal.  

Any special reason?  I'm about to do just about every quest I can on very Hard because it's more fun and obviously more exp.  Will I get the same results?

You can do it on very hard, but then you will have to make the game on very hard every time you go to convert the parts as well, my racast has to do this. I haven't tried replaying secret delivery and doc's secret plan on normal to see if that allows me to do it on normal, it might though.

If I wanted a Type/ME mechgun with demon special how would I go about doing that?  Is that series of max attack quests the only way to get the gun?  How do I add demon special to it?

Thanks!

Yes there is a series of max attack quests, there is a guide on it in the guide section of the forum. And yes its the only way to get it other than trading for it, and it's 10 dts to add the special (gm does it). Just keep in mind it took me 6ish hours to get one, and thats having every ID available and class available, and quad boxing all characters through ma2. So it's extremely longer if you're looking for others to help or you are unprepared for it. It's also once per character

3 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

You can do it on very hard, but then you will have to make the game on very hard every time you go to convert the parts as well, my racast has to do this. I haven't tried replaying secret delivery and doc's secret plan on normal to see if that allows me to do it on normal, it might though.

Actually the mistake was mine.  Vypor's guide (now that I read it and paid REAL attention to it) tells you to do the -Single Player mode- quests and THEN do the -Normal MODE- quest. Nowhere in his guide is there a question of difficulty, meaning you can do it at the difficulty you wish.

Also, I just confirmed: doing a mission at a difficulty level flags it as "DONE" on all difficulty missions. Dunno if that will be useful info to anyone but there it is.

5 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Actually the mistake was mine.  Vypor's guide (now that I read it and paid REAL attention to it) tells you to do the -Single Player mode- quests and THEN do the -Normal MODE- quest. Nowhere in his guide is there a question of difficulty, meaning you can do it at the difficulty you wish.

Also, I just confirmed: doing a mission at a difficulty level flags it as "DONE" on all difficulty missions. Dunno if that will be useful info to anyone but there it is.

Doing the mission on any difficulty unlocks the mission availability on all difficulties, but it doesn't let you convert part on all difficulties. If you complete the quests on vhard, you can only convert the part on vhard; I have a char that is like that right now. I don't know if replaying the mission on normal will change that, as I have not bothered to test it. But like I said, just because I can enter doc's secret plan on normal with my racast does not mean he can convert parts on normal, it won't let me do that, I can only convert on vhard because that is the difficulty I was playing the quests on.