Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

1 hour ago, Soly said:

That's way too off, do you remember what you fed to it and which character?

I have never experienced a problem like this.

It was actually 5/1/4/0, and it wound up as 5/0/2/3 after relog. Only fed it antidotes. Character name "Shong    " (3 spaces at the end, Bluefull RAmarl). The only reason I relogged is because the game crashed when I went to feed it again after it had hit level 10, not sure if that matters. 2nd mag is at level 35 with no issues.

It crashed or you were disconnected by the server?
Doesn't matter which one but if it was a disconnection then it tells me a bit more.

I'll look into this.
Ask Cyane to restore your mag if you want.

Disconnected from server, not a client crash. The mag is no biggie, only takes like 12 minutes to go from level 5>10, I just wanted to check and see if it was a fluke or if there was something I could do to avoid having it happen again in the future.

1 hour ago, shong said:

Disconnected from server, not a client crash. The mag is no biggie, only takes like 12 minutes to go from level 5>10, I just wanted to check and see if it was a fluke or if there was something I could do to avoid having it happen again in the future.

I had some issues here but I'm about to hop in my test server and test with your ID, class and antidotes to see if something weird happens.

Probably was some weird temporary error.

1 hour ago, ryukin said:

can anyone explain why a 200 IQ sato won't proc invinc at 100 pb? The sync is 0, and I havn't seen the invinc proc from low hp or 100 pb in about two weeks. 

I was under the impression that sync was what caused the triggers, plus it's not a 100% thing, I think sato is 50% or 55%.

12 hours ago, ryukin said:

can anyone explain why a 200 IQ sato won't proc invinc at 100 pb? The sync is 0, and I havn't seen the invinc proc from low hp or 100 pb in about two weeks. 

Not sure if this link is allowed, but Tessellate explains that in this thread ( page 8)

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/towards-the-future-time-attack-event.2344/page-8

Edited by under9000
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, under9000 said:

Not sure if this link is allowed, but Tessellate explains that in this thread ( page 8)

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/towards-the-future-time-attack-event.2344/page-8

Wow I gathered synchro had something to do with it, but wasn't exactly sure. So Sato isn't exactly a TA friendly mag then, is it?

7 hours ago, under9000 said:

hmmm.... I just did some limited testing to check some stuff out, these are my results.

Mag Sync/IQ        Type            yes            no        TestValue

Puyo120/200        1/10th            47            5        1

Nidra120/200        Boss            85            15        1    

Sato 120/200        Boss            56            44        0

Conclusions: Mostly inconclusive, need more data. Is the 50% listed proc chance accurate? Highly unlikely that it is, but this is only a single sample, need more data for repeated testing. Do all mags have greater than listed 50% proc chance? Inconclusive, sato yes had a significant lead over sato no until run 80; additionally sato and nidra were tied until around run 35. It may or may not be a feature on all mags to some varying degree, but needs more data. Does synchro affect proc chance? Inconclusive, cannot extrapolate about other data (did not have any non-120% synchro mags to test with). Other possible factors to test besides synchro are IQ, MagLevel, MagType, ActivationType, ActivationAssist, CharacterLevel, and CharacterClass.

It may sound wishy-washy to say stuff is inconclusive constantly, but that's just how statistics works and this is a very small and very limited test. In order to make much more solid statistical assessments I would need at least 10 samples of 100 for each mag/testtype, and I'm too lazy to gather that much data.

Regardless though, if IQ is how smart your mag is, then Synchro% is how much your mag loves you and is in tune with you. If you want your Mechanical Assistance Guy to actually assist you, it's probably best to keep them happy.
"But [the mags] all looked so sad, so I just started talking to them. And... they looked very happy."
"But please listen. I don't know if you're aware of this, but... Mags are intelligent. When a hunter equips a Mag, it recognizes him or her as its master. Some Mags are clever. They can protect or heal their masters! Moreover, some can do a lot of photon damage. Doc told me, but... I forgot... Aaa...anyway! Mags'll try to help you if you're nice to them. Mags feel very sad when they lose their masters."
"Excuse me, I don't know if I should tell you this... but... [NAME], your Mag is hungry... It's true! It's alive. It needs something to eat. And it's best to give a Mag its favorite item. Each Mag has its own characteristics and its own favorite items. Some like Monomate, others like Dimate... To feed your Mag, open the menu window, select Item Pack, then MAG. Then select Give Items. That's it. It's easy. Try to "know" your Mag. It grows as its Master gains experience."
"[NAME], your Mag is very cute. It likes you a lot, [NAME]!"
 - Elenor

• Like 2

Is there a thread or a link to how many of each monsters are in the server specific quests? Curious if there is a quest better for Hildetorrs here but hoping there is just a link that has all the monster counts so that I don't have to bother people by asking for each different thing I hunt

*edit*

also, is there a /command to see how many mats I have used?

Edited by shong

8 minutes ago, shong said:

Is there a thread or a link to how many of each monsters are in the server specific quests? Curious if there is a quest better for Hildetorrs here but hoping there is just a link that has all the monster counts so that I don't have to bother people by asking for each different thing I hunt

*edit*

also, is there a /command to see how many mats I have used?

gimme 2 mins i will search. i know theres such a thread

and yeah try /matcount