Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

1. I need a few prices, 1 for a blank Psycho Ravens and 2 for a decently sphered Hundred Souls (not quite 100's but like 40-50 on 2 stats and 30-40 hit)

2. I wanna know the best ID's for RA and HU items. Im not interested in FO items, I want the 2 best ID's for hunting HU and RA gear.

1. You can ask there http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/25975-official-ultima-price-check-thread/

I would personally say like 18 dts for PR since PBC will be an easy hunt in like a month and half, and 42 dts for your HS (SB at summer event as well).

2. Probably Yellowboze for both, then Whitill/Skyly

I was fed up with being useless against Vol Opt, Bringers, most of Ep 2, etc,

That's why I also play RA and HU ;)

and once I started to try melee and realize how incredibly good it was, I went all out on improving the melee on my FOnewearl. I'm waiting for the next event to get C/Battle and Soul Booster

Fortunately there are good stuff FO can equip on Ultima, like Hundred souls, Slicer of vengeance, Master sword and Lindcray, otherwise only demon could really be helpful to them

Edited by r-78

Oh OK. So you understand how good melee is, but you choose to be bad when you play Force. That's fine. When you are playing as Force, you want to use techs because that's the whole point of the class. I get it. I really do. That's one of the reasons I prefer PSU over PSO. PSU's Master Force class is basically techs only, which is how I want to play the game.

Spaming techs is really efficient in many areas like WoF, episode IV and especially episode IV bosses, if you want to farm something like CCA or TTF, I don't get why you don't just try playing another class than Fonewearl ... Hunewearl and Ramarl have a decent SD and can still use magics in case you really need them (to kill monsters from another room for example)

So you use every class and change based on the quest. That could work. I like to focus on a single character when I play games like this, and since I like using magic, I went with FOnewearl. I had to make 10 FOnewearls because of the section id system but other than that, they are identical.

There is a downside to this though. The more classes you play, the harder it is to perfect them all. Ideally you would have 120 characters at lv 200 with perfect gear, but that would be extremely hard to accomplish. It's already a bit of a pain for me to deal with using 3 accounts because of the guild card system and having to transfer items whenever I want to change section ids.

Every material is available and you get the same amount, so you should probably choose TP or Luck. It's nice to finally have a good way to get TP mats but soloing a VH quest with 4 accounts is kinda shitty. Oh well. That's how you play the game.

That quest was painful.

Edited by guyevr2077

Spaming techs is really efficient in many areas like WoF, episode IV and especially episode IV bosses, if you want to farm something like CCA or TTF, I don't get why you don't just try playing another class than Fonewearl ... Hunewearl and Ramarl have a decent SD and can still use magics in case you really need them (to kill monsters from another room for example)

you can do CCA or TTF too with a FO xD its kinda easy.. you switch to melee and with nice sd and nice equip (best for me lind/100souls) you wreck cca & ttf easy :3 (espacialy vol opt i love killing his 2nd form before he's doing anything xD)

i made comparisons.. for example gal gryph, with 100 souls + s/z i can kill him in the first time hes on the ground (in a bad round in his sec landing), with gizonde or other techs it needs 6 or 7x landing simulation xD (maybe more)

only thing what sucks is the low hp of FOs but that makes them to a nice char to enjoy challenging moments :3

Edited by Nightmare2.0

What are the possibilities of adding a jukebox to the lobby?

Next to impossible. Sure, you could add the jukebox, that's not the hard part, the difficult part is getting it to change the music of the lobby for everybody and getting the server to keep each individual song patched.

Is there a thread somewhere for FO class that tells what techs are best for what boss? Maybe Midori or Saith can answer this

In terms of their weaknesses it goes like this:

Sil Dragon - Foie (Barta in normal-vhard)

Dal Ral Lie - Foie/Zonde (Foie in normal-vhard)

Vol Opt - (techs do damage based on atp here) Zonde, Vol Opt 2nd phase - Barta

Dark Falz - Spinners Foie/Grants, Dragon Form Zonde (Zonde/Grants in normal-vhard), Ball Form - Barta/Grants, Flying Form - Foie/Grants

Barba Ray - Zonde

Gol Dragon - Foie (Zonde in normal-vhard)

Gal Gryphon - Barta

Olga Flow - Form 1 Barta (foie in normal-vhard), Form 2 changes resists periodically between foie/barta/zonde/grants

Saint Milion - Spinners Foie/Grants, Tail Zonde/Grants, Neck Barta/Grants

Shambertin - Spinners Zonde/Grants, Tail Barta/Grants, Neck Zonde/Grants

Kondrieu - Spinners Barta/Grants, Tail Foie/Grants, Neck Barta/Grants

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

Is there a thread somewhere for FO class that tells what techs are best for what boss? Maybe Midori or Saith can answer this

*SNIPPED* used to say its relation to you only

in reguards to what Fyre said all of its right but little tidbit for Vol Opt in Normal - Vhard, RAzonde is the better option if its high level due to the ability of a force to lock them in one spot behind the wall

in reguards to what Fyre said all of its right but little tidbit for Vol Opt in Normal - Vhard, RAzonde is the better option if its high level due to the ability of a force to lock them in one spot behind the wall

Not really, razonde is not the best option to use, it's much slower than using gizonde trick on any difficulty, often taking several more spellcasts than gizonde would. He may be locked behind the wall but razonde doesn't do nearly the kind of damage that gizonde will for some reason, that first form of vol opt is quite strange. On lower difficulties he's often such a pushover for a high level player that it doesn't really matter if you are going ideal strats or not, but gizonde on red screen with high atp machine% gear is still the best.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=45

You don't even need to learn that, it takes seconds to try and see which one is the best ...

Edited by r-78