Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Hi! I am new to the fo classes in general and was wondering if ATP has any effect on the damage output of techs?

No, with one exception. Gizonde damage on Ultimate Vol Opt form 1 screens is based on ATP and your weapon's machine % only.

No, with one exception. Gizonde damage on Ultimate Vol Opt form 1 screens is based on ATP and your weapon's machine % only.

Thank you for the quick reply. So if I was planning on making a nuking fo would it be better not to put any stats into Ata and atp?

Depending on the class it's important to have everything (except def and evp), some weapons will come in handy on ep 2 and some of the ep 1 bosses.

Classes like fonewm and fonewearl sadly need 2 mags to balance their nuke and melee plans.

Fomarl is a good example, she's great at being a force and great and wrecking everything with good weapons.

Sent from my time machine using Tapatalk

Thank you for the quick reply. So if I was planning on making a nuking fo would it be better not to put any stats into Ata and atp?

The most important stats for all classes are ATA, ATP and Luck. It doesn't matter if you play FOnewearl, you still have to use swords and guns often if you want to be any good. Like Cyane said, you have to use 2 mags for the newman Forces.

The balance on this server is off. Instead of making techs stronger so Forces can keep up with Hunters and Rangers, they gave Forces extremely powerful swords and guns instead. It's very stupid, but that's how it is.

i do with melee more dmg than with techs xD (2-3,4k houndred souls)

it depends always on situations.. if you support then you use max mst (roct - razonde-stunlock heal, anti, s/d j/z for example)

if you re soloing or an other FO supports you can do melee to deal more dmg

i like playing FOs :3 (a nice challenge) but best one is FOnewm (for me)

Magic is only one tool that forces have, they have to use a balance of magic and attacking by design. You will still need to use weapons, it just gets supplemented by magic and not replaced by it.

This server has done a whole lot to boost techs quite a bit, but there are some issues that makes techs difficult to use when in teams, as they cause a lot of damage cancel, poor monster manipulation, various buggy behaviors, and other undesirable things. There are also many enemies that are designed to be highly resistant to all magic. Magic can be used to solo some things, especially in ep4, but it's not meant to be the sole thing you use. This server also features buffed monsters, but their resists mostly unchanged; their higher hp means that it takes more spellcasts to kill them overall, but the original game obviously did not want entire game to be done with only magic. Even despite the massive buffs this server has done for techs, pso does not really have blackmages, it's really that all the humans/newmans are varying degrees of redmage.

MST is the least important major stat, as its effects are fairly weak, maxing plans will still put points into it but only after the other major stats are taken care of. Every 2 points of mst is 1 point more resta heal, and every 5 points of mst is 1 point of damage before resists and boosts are factored in. ATA, ATP and LCK are generally considered more important as those have much greater effect overall and are always useful in every area, whereas magic is not very effective in several areas of the game and several tough monsters will only feel a slight tickle (many tough enemies have extremely high resists, for example Chaos Bringer has straight 90s for resists, and some monsters also ignore all tech boosting gear entirely). Sonicteam obviously did not intend for black mage style to be able to conquer everything, it's mostly just episode 4 where it can be useful to solo with.

The two best forces at using magic will be the newmans, Fonewearl and Fonewm, however they do need two different mags to max out because of how bad newman growth is. Both can be pretty good with weapons too when min/maxed, though fonewearl has a bit of an advantage with access to female gear and higher ata; despite her low atp she can be quite good with demon weapons and vivienne and such and is arguably one of the best forces overall when properly set up. Fomarl makes for a very good balanced mage that is very competent with weapons and although her magic suffers a bit, she does have the strongest grants of all, and she also has the highest hp of all forces at 1523, actually able to live through a falz blue ball doublehit. Fomar will have the most atp of all the forces but is low ata without specifically wearing the special godric's cloak, and does not have access to female gear so his gear options are more limited as well. For a new player to force I recommend Fomarl as a good starting point, as her well balanced growth, high hp, and wide variety of easier to obtain gear is great, and she can still do more than 'good enough' damage with weapons to deal with any enemy.

Depending on the class it's important to have everything (except def and evp)

Def and Evp are actually the ones I boost as a nuke player

Resistences matter the most at ultima ;/ else we have those nasty 1 hit kills from Lilly's, and on falz his grants will 1 hit kill too, other things like epsilon attacks and such will take out your hp quick too. As for the rest with a nicer armor you can resist

Sent from my time machine using Tapatalk

Def and Evp are actually the ones I boost as a nuke player

I play as FOnewearl with minimum def and evade and it's completely fine. Not only does boosting def and evade not help much (since defense is mostly based on HP and resists anyway), but if you boost those stats you will have to sacrifice your offense.

A lv 200 FOnewearl using SonicTeam Armor has pretty damn good defense and evade anyway. You really shouldn't need more than that.

Well I don't like to play melee Fo so the only bad thing about it is the Gizonde trick for me

Def is still nice to increase because each def point gets you several thanks to Fo's natural deband, which is not worthless when you consider that Fonewearl has the worst def of the game

A few questions for me guys, I'd appreciate some answers.

1. I need a few prices, 1 for a blank Psycho Ravens and 2 for a decently sphered Hundred Souls (not quite 100's but like 40-50 on 2 stats and 30-40 hit)

2. I wanna know the best ID's for RA and HU items. Im not interested in FO items, I want the 2 best ID's for hunting HU and RA gear.

Thanks guys.

@r-78

You remind me of myself a few months ago when I was only using techs. I was fed up with being useless against Vol Opt, Bringers, most of Ep 2, etc, and once I started to try melee and realize how incredibly good it was, I went all out on improving the melee on my FOnewearl. I'm waiting for the next event to get C/Battle and Soul Booster but I'm already strong enough to solo TTF in 15 mins and CCA in 7 mins because of it.