Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Not really. The 10% boost is not enough to make any significant difference in nuking mobs, you'll kill them the same regardless what armor you have on. Sometimes the mothergarb+ random 30% grants boost can make a difference if it procs, but it's not usually an issue (the fastest answer is never grants anyway). If you need elemental resists you just wear a different armor like crimson coat or wear a unit like resist/blizzard (lol at needing extra efr for falz least dangerous move: rafoie; in reality you need high eic since rabarta is his actually dangerous move). Basically none of the tech armors are any good besides mother garb+. Even cursed cloak is a bit debatable since ultima reaper makes megid pierce too. If your force is fomarl/fonewearl, then Kroe's Sweater is a very good alternative to Mother Garb+ in team games. MG+ is actually sorta useful for solo nuke-heavy runs, but the elemental cloaks won't do anything for you, they're just too weak to make a difference.

Lost Chaos Calibur has a good amount of them throughout the whole quest. Previously the best way was to do Phantasmal World 4 up to the 8th floor for 7 delbiters.

I'm using a lieutenants mantle at the moment. Do you think I'd need crimson coat for the extra resits?

I'm a FOnewm so it seems Mother garb+ is the best thing,

How many PD does one of those (mother garb+) go for?

I'm using a lieutenants mantle at the moment. Do you think I'd need crimson coat for the extra resits?

Resists are more important than dfp and evp here at least in my experience, so better resists, better armor.

25-30 pd

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

I don't think you necessarily need crimson coat. Overall, it's not gonna make a noticeable difference most of the time.

MG+ typically goes for 25-35. I'd say the current average for them is 30, but you'll see some for lower, some for higher.

what happens if your mag has no PB and your PB hits 100? is it possible to use palette settings or not? O.o

If your mag has no photon blasts learned, it will never gain any pb bar from being hit or dealing damage. It'll just stay at 0 and never build to 100.

Is Episode 4 possible on "Single Player" mode? The door to the dungeons does not open. If the answer is no - how feasible is it to beat the game solo on "Normal" mode. I've been playing by myself so far...

well its not to hard to beat the game , its just a question of levels and gear. if you're just starting out ep 4 is a tough slog due to the enemies being tougher and have new attack patterns compared to ep 1 and 2 (flying enemies,enemies immune to ranged attacks and teleporting enemies) if you build up your gear and levels in ep 1 you should have no problem beating ep 4 but as a new starter it would take ALOT of painful attempts. i left it until i had some basic rares from ep 1 and was lv 50 plus before attempting to solo ep 4 normal for dragon scales and even then it was tough with a non maxed mag and average gear : (

When do the shops update with new stock like dimate/difluid? I think the gamecube version was level 11, but I'm already level 18 and they haven't shown up yet. Wasn't sure if it was changed, and a quick google search didn't turn up any information for me.

When do the shops update with new stock like dimate/difluid? I think the gamecube version was level 11, but I'm already level 18 and they haven't shown up yet. Wasn't sure if it was changed, and a quick google search didn't turn up any information for me.

Should be able to see them by level 20 or 21, you're almost there.

well its not to hard to beat the game , its just a question of levels and gear. if you're just starting out ep 4 is a tough slog due to the enemies being tougher and have new attack patterns compared to ep 1 and 2 (flying enemies,enemies immune to ranged attacks and teleporting enemies) if you build up your gear and levels in ep 1 you should have no problem beating ep 4 but as a new starter it would take ALOT of painful attempts. i left it until i had some basic rares from ep 1 and was lv 50 plus before attempting to solo ep 4 normal for dragon scales and even then it was tough with a non maxed mag and average gear : (

solo dont forget that its always possible to run it as a FO if you have ra-techs :3

You can get 2 mats of your choice as a reward for clearing the new Ep 1 Xmas Catastrophe quest on VH, but what is the reward for clearing it on Ultimate? The final room with all the Baranz would be really tough without freeze traps, so I am too scared to try right now.