Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Most likely because you've tried on monsters with low ESP ( and was lucky too ) but like saith said, it is not reliable in a global manner...

The problem being that most of monsters in ultimate have too much ESP to make it as good or even close to arrest ( not to mention the fact that arrest is 6 sec and can be extended infinitely while freeze is 4 sec and cannot be extended BUT reduce evp )..

Strangely, arrest that has the same success rate as blizzard (80%) and also based on ESP, works much better lol.. probably a quirk of sega or something that i did not understand.( maybe the factor EIC to consider also ? )

I've never tried a blizzard jcutter with SNS glitch though, might be something good to test.

You can take a look here if you want to know the stats and weakness of each monsters : http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/monstres/liste.php.

Blizzard's activation rate depends mainly on the ESP of monsters and special success rate ( ice : 32 %, frost : 48%, freeze 64%, blizzard 80% + 30% bonus with android in ultimate )

Also the difference beetween type gu/handgun and type gu/mechgun is low.. it is mostly atp and ata wise ( and looking... ).

type gu/handgun : 200 atp ( no variations ), 45 ata, 10 grind. type gu/mechgun : 190 atp ( no variations ), 50 ata, 10 grind.

I don't believe ice resist is a factor, I think the blizzard activation rate actually has a cap on the maximum chance to freeze. Despite having the same % as arrest it only works no more than half as often as arrest does.

Is there a way I can donate and receive additional character slots on my account? It's a pain having to drop off items to someone else to transfer to another account.

There is a /bank command to switch to common bank which all chars on your account can access (though you should take pictures of any valuables using the printscreen key). You can also make a second game account if you wish.

• Like 4

There is a /bank command to switch to common bank which all chars on your account can access (though you should take pictures of any valuables using the printscreen key). You can also make a second game account if you wish.

The point is that I don't want to have to drop off items to someone else to hold in order to transfer items from one account to the other, since /bank only works on one account. I was hoping there was a way to donate and get additional character slots on one account.

Most likely because you've tried on monsters with low ESP ( and was lucky too ) but like saith said, it is not reliable in a global manner...

The problem being that most of monsters in ultimate have too much ESP to make it as good or even close to arrest ( not to mention the fact that arrest is 6 sec and can be extended infinitely while freeze is 4 sec and cannot be extended BUT reduce evp )..

Strangely, arrest that has the same success rate as blizzard (80%) and also based on ESP, works much better lol.. probably a quirk of sega or something that i did not understand.( maybe the factor EIC to consider also ? )

I've never tried a blizzard jcutter with SNS glitch though, might be something good to test.

You can take a look here if you want to know the stats and weakness of each monsters : http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/monstres/liste.php.

Blizzard's activation rate depends mainly on the ESP of monsters and special success rate ( ice : 32 %, frost : 48%, freeze 64%, blizzard 80% + 30% bonus with android in ultimate )

Also the difference beetween type gu/handgun and type gu/mechgun is low.. it is mostly atp and ata wise ( and looking... ).

type gu/handgun : 200 atp ( no variations ), 45 ata, 10 grind. type gu/mechgun : 190 atp ( no variations ), 50 ata, 10 grind.

I noticed on the link you posted it says the second form of olga flow has 98 EDK http://pso.univers-ps.com/bb/monstres/seabed.php

Would that means it's possible to kill him with hell? That would be odd. The stats are a bit different than what I'm used to seeing on pso-world, but idk if that's even 100 percent accurate.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=304

• Like 1

Interesting link saith, thank you.

Tru, pso world is reputed to be fairly innaccurate and i believe univers-ps is even more accurate in most case because most informations was confirmed by people and tried by experienced players.

But the differences here might be because pso world stats is based on sega original server and univers-ps mostly based on thethealla server, i don't know.

Also no, hell/megid is not working on any boss xD and i think EDK is not even a factor to consider ( along with ESP ) because the bosses are clearly immune to certains special (demons, hell, arrest, blizzard / freeze etc..)

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 1

Interesting link saith, thank you.

Tru, pso world is reputed to be fairly innaccurate and i believe univers-ps is even more accurate in most case because most informations was confirmed by people and tried by experienced players.

But the differences here might be because pso world stats is based on sega original server and univers-ps mostly based on thethealla server, i don't know.

Also no, hell/megid is not working on any boss xD ( at least not in ult, i'm not certain about lower diff ) and i think EDK is not even a factor to consider ( along with ESP ) because the bosses are clearly immune to certains special (demons, hell, arrest, blizzard / freeze etc..)

Right. That's what I figured. It just that I remember seeing someone megid kill dark falz on ultimate I believe when I was still fairly new to this server. Maybe I was just mistaken and thought I saw something when something else actually happened.

Right. That's what I figured. It just that I remember seeing someone megid kill dark falz on ultimate I believe when I was still fairly new to this server. Maybe I was just mistaken and thought I saw something when something else actually happened.

Well unless it was hacking...

How many DTs does it cost to add a special to a weapon, for example adding Demon to a Type ME/Mechgun? I don't see this on the item donation list.

How many DTs does it cost to add a special to a weapon, for example adding Demon to a Type ME/Mechgun? I don't see this on the item donation list.

10 DTs to add special to any weapons that doesn't already have one.

Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 1

I've got a 5/29/50/0 Garuda Mag with Leilla and Pilla and think I might have messed up. How do I get Mylla & Youlla at this point?

You can still get Mylla & Youlla, you will just need to move it to another char. You can move it to a Hunter of Viridia Skyly Purplenum Redria Yellowboze, or a Ranger of Greenil Blueful Pinkal Oran Whitill, and it will get twins pb with dex>pow>mind when its level reaches the next multiple of 5 (at 85, since your mag is 84 right now). What happened was that Garuda gets pilla, but you already had pilla, so it just left the 3rd pb slot open still. If you move it to a char that can get an evolution that learns mylla&youlla (hu group A ids 'vspry', and ra group B ids 'gbkow'), it will still learn twins.

The point is that I don't want to have to drop off items to someone else to hold in order to transfer items from one account to the other, since /bank only works on one account. I was hoping there was a way to donate and get additional character slots on one account.

If you have multiple accounts, you can log onto both at the same time. You just need windows UAC disabled or at 2nd lowest setting so it doesn't dim the screen (and cause a crash) when trying to open a second instance of pso.

How do I properly deal with Desert mobs in ULT as a HUnewearl, namely the Gorans? I'm getting my rear end handed to me.

I could explain some things but here's a video cuz watching would probably help more

That video was recorded from the Schthack server but the same basic strategies still apply. In general it makes a big difference if you have a lot of power because you can kill them before you get surrounded and such. It's tough to handle ep4 with human hunters unless you're a high level or have good gear. Just get them in a group and swing at them. Paralyze the ones you can if you have the right gear (this can be difficult on the ultima server). Take out the single target ones with mechguns mostly. Get used to their patterns. Learn to dodge. Be patient. Here's some information about the way that goran teleport that may help you as well.

"Goran has a predictable attack pattern dependent on distance from it's target."

"Actually there are many ranges to be aware of (regarding not only Goran, but Merissa as well). Once you understand this, Goran and Merissa groups will be much easier to handle. However, you must get used to these distances or you'll have just as much (if not more) trouble than you do with them already.

The first distance to understand is the one where the Goran will actually notice you. If you get close enough, it will begin its morning ritual of moving toward you (like so many other enemies in PSO, arms in the air and all). If it is hit with a ranged attack at this distance (the same set of attacks that lizards can block), it will teleport. This teleport direction and distance I will cover later, just remember for now that it will teleport when this happens.

The second distance is that at which ranged attacks will no longer cause them to teleport (they may still teleport at this range, but it will not be directly caused by your ranged attack; remember this as well). This distance is ideal for using both Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen, as well as various arrest weapons (spread needle, arrest raygun, etc), since the goran can be frozen/paralyzed for all players' clients without being mid-teleport and untargetable.

The third is that at which it will try to use its main physical attack, the long arm. You can dodge this by sidestepping the goran by even the slightest bit. You can stunlock goran with needles, partisans, swords, and most other weapons quite easily from this distance, since each combo your character performs will begin before the goran manages to hit you. I say that this is a different distance than the one listed above, but you can think of these two as the same for all intents and purposes. However, because you can shoot them (without them teleporting) before they try to swipe at you, I maintain that this is another unique distance to be aware of.

The fourth distance is at melee range. If you get too close, the goran (assuming it is still targeting you; I'll address other situations later) will do its little short-arm melee attack, which is usually too fast for most weapons to respond to. Sidestepping this is a bit more difficult as you need to move much farther in a direction to avoid it. Note, of course, that you can simply move back a step or two to avoid this attack in most cases (the reason for trying to sidestep this attack is because you may be surrounded by other goran, necessarily sidestepping the attacks of all present enemies where moving backwards might not be an option, let alone the best course of action).

Now, we'll address the teleportation. Actually, I'm getting sleepy so I'll probably trail off without warning, so be warned. Most of you know that regular Goran will teleport forward, trying to get right up in your face. They actually have a very specific distance that they will travel (toward the targeted player, not necessarily the one shooting them. However, in this case, you, the player, will be the shooter and the enemy's target in this instance). Now, while this might seem trivial at first, recall how far a Goran must travel to reach you once you've been spotted. After one attack and one teleport, you've still got enough distance to shoot it again, causing it to teleport toward you (again). Should you do it a third time, however, depends on how far it's actually made it, because this will differ depending on how close it is at this point. Anyway, my point is that there is a distance that you should be aware of that I have not listed so far that will cause the goran to teleport right up in front of your face. This is because a goran will try to get right next to you when it teleports. So be aware of this length as well.

blah blah blah i give up. long story short -- run semi- or quarter-circles around goran groups to take control of the situation. don't be afraid to bust them up with a partisan, they can't really do that much to you. especially if you have traps. and for merissa, remember that they can't jump over other enemies. so use lizards to your advantage; there are almost always some fucking lizards around when merissa are being annoying, so turn the tables and annoy the fuck out of the merissas. oh yea goran also get stuck behind lizards, and if you've got a lizard in front of you during your lizard/goran orgy led by your charge gungnir or whatever, you shouldn't be having any problems. anyway just try to round everything up (by moving in partial circles; the easiest way to dodge attacks from episode IV enemies without using your brain) and then get them all into needle range, and you've got them by the balls if you know at least know how to control your weapon. there is a sense of pride and satisfaction you get by manhandling ep4 monsters without taking any damage, without having to use traps, tech spam, or god forbid: door sniping. so give it a try sometime."

Edited by tru