Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Everyone says Type GU/Hand with a freeze special isn't very good but when I tested it, it seemed rather fair so that's an item I'm looking into getting.

How is that different from Type GU/Mechgun?

Blizzard has some kind of extra factor that makes it proc way less than other specials like arrest and confuse. I have a high hit blizzard raygun, as well as 50hit yamato and 50hit meteor cudgel. Even on hucaseal with v502 and proof of sword saint (for yamato), blizzard is still pretty unreliable. Those multihit weapons can sometimes do it with the cast bonus and v502, but not well enough to be worth it. On a fonewearl with less ata and no cast bonus it's pretty random if you are going to freeze at all. If you want to be able to stop an enemy it's a much better idea to use holy ray + v502 to arrest them, rather than try to freeze them, you'll actually have a decent chance of getting the paralysis proc.

• Like 3

Blizzard has some kind of extra factor that makes it proc way less than other specials like arrest and confuse. I have a high hit blizzard raygun, as well as 50hit yamato and 50hit meteor cudgel. Even on hucaseal with v502 and proof of sword saint (for yamato), blizzard is still pretty unreliable. Those multihit weapons can sometimes do it with the cast bonus and v502, but not well enough to be worth it. On a fonewearl with less ata and no cast bonus it's pretty random if you are going to freeze at all. If you want to be able to stop an enemy it's a much better idea to use holy ray + v502 to arrest them, rather than try to freeze them, you'll actually have a decent chance of getting the paralysis proc.

But what about enemies that are immune to paralysis? That's what I was thinking Blizzard could be useful for.

But what about enemies that are immune to paralysis? That's what I was thinking Blizzard could be useful for.

I just explained that it's not. I've tested with up to 378 ata on hucaseal with multihit blizzard weapons before and it still sucks. It's very unreliable even when pushed to extremes like that.

I just explained that it's not. I've tested with up to 378 ata on hucaseal with multihit blizzard weapons before and it still sucks. It's very unreliable even when pushed to extremes like that.

OK, so I should give up on Blizzard. Got it. Thanks.

What are must gets for the HU at this point, weaponwise, armorwise, etc.?
I'm all about optimizing my play, however I have not played in years literally, and I'm not sure what's available right now. Right now I run a HUcast.

I've often wondered what the best way of handling enemies that are difficult or impossible to paralyze (like sinow zoa/zele) as a solo force character. It would be nice if blizzard didn't suck so much >.<

I've often wondered what the best way of handling enemies that are difficult or impossible to paralyze (like sinow zoa/zele) as a solo force character. It would be nice if blizzard didn't suck so much >.<

I don't have them but I guess Type ME/Mechgun with demon special would be the best for that. If not then maybe a weapon with Hell?

I don't have them but I guess Type ME/Mechgun with demon special would be the best for that. If not then maybe a weapon with Hell?

I would assume the same. The best hell weapon for a FO would probably be hell GU/handgun. Hell j cutter could be useful with the SN glitch and ultima reaper is always nice in some situations.

I'm curious about hell ME/Mechguns I figure the ata is too low even with 80 hit to be effective on most enemies, but unreduced hell on a mechgun seems really nice.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1

What's the easiest way to farm for weapons and gear. I'm fairly new , lvl 64 at the moment just been farming ttf on hard/normal mode. Is there a certain quest that is best for farming weapons and/or gear? Thanks in advance.

What's the easiest way to farm for weapons and gear. I'm fairly new , lvl 64 at the moment just been farming ttf on hard/normal mode. Is there a certain quest that is best for farming weapons and/or gear? Thanks in advance.

Well there's this quest called black paper deal which can give really good weapons although they won't have any stats on them, but it's great for someone starting out. You need photon crystals to play the quest which you can find on normal or hard difficulty from rare enemies which are easy to farm when names are green in the lobby.

What are must gets for the HU at this point, weaponwise, armorwise, etc.?

I'm all about optimizing my play, however I have not played in years literally, and I'm not sure what's available right now. Right now I run a HUcast.

There's actually a topic for the hucast with some great recommendations http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21724-tips-for-hucast/

If you want some more specific guidelines you can say your section ID, what other section IDs you have available and what your current gear and level is. HUcast is a great pick. I really enjoy using that class.

There's actually a topic for the hucast with some great recommendations http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21724-tips-for-hucast/

If you want some more specific guidelines you can say your section ID, what other section IDs you have available and what your current gear and level is. HUcast is a great pick. I really enjoy using that class.

Thank you, I'm assuming things haven't changed much since that topic?

Thank you, I'm assuming things haven't changed much since that topic?

Nope not at all. The only thing now is that slicer of vengeance is easier to get. It can be a really useful way for a hucast to deal a ton of damage with a slicer without losing HP (like with diska of braveman).

Well there's this quest called black paper deal which can give really good weapons although they won't have any stats on them, but it's great for someone starting out. You need photon crystals to play the quest which you can find on normal or hard difficulty from rare enemies which are easy to farm when names are green in the lobby.

Sorry I should've been more specific. I meant like the rare weapon drops, I have several rare weapons like slicers,double saber, silence claw.....but none that follows up with HUcast builds. Would I have to check the drop charts and hunt down the bosses/monsters or is there an easier way.