Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I apologize before hand for this very basic question. Like its so basic I feel ashamed asking it >.>

Do NHH attacks have an accuracy bonus or something? I played pso maybe 7 years ago for a few months and have started again here 2 months ago. By habit always do this and don't know why lol I probably read about an accuracy bonus 7 years ago and it's just sorta stuck. However I know that monsters kinda get stunned when we attack them too. Is that why it's a suggested attack pattern?

So is there some sort of accuracy bonus? Or is it just a placebo effect and no accuracy is affected at all?

I have only observed that with S, N, S but in general no. These are some random figures of chances thrown out to get an idea N=90%, H=75%, S=50% though character stats and weapon hit rate can alter success.

It's kinda tricky to expalin... when a monster is in moving mode with range for example and you use H or S attack first with a gun you will miss regardless of hit.

Thanks for the responses, kinda the answers I was expecting.

And yes, I am VERY aware of the EVP ATA relation :3 About the enemy movement and accuracy however, does that also affect using a saber weapon? So would a N initial attack be better to position yourself and stun them into hitting easier?

I noticed that when I attack my damage is infrequent. I'll do damage that's 100 atp more or 200 more then it will drop by 100 or 200 during different hits. I'm not talking about criticals either. What effects this? Can it be controlled? Also I've noticed I get criticals more frequently on certain monsters. Why is that?

Some weapons have an atp variable. For example if you look at meteor cudgel on pso-world (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=190) it says its atp is 300-560, meaning it has an atp variable of 260, one of the highest variables. When you view the atp in game it just says it adds 560. While the damage does vary more on weapons with high variables, the tradeoff is that Shifta also affects your weapon's atp variable as well as your base atp, so these weapons scale more with shifta than other weapons do. If you have a 30 shifta that meteor cudgel no longer says it gives 560 atp in game, it now says it gives 684 atp instead. Weapons without atp variables like a Double Canon 650 atp or an Excalibur 950 atp will always do the same damage numbers and will always give the same amount of atp regardless of buffs.

I apologize before hand for this very basic question. Like its so basic I feel ashamed asking it >.>

Do NHH attacks have an accuracy bonus or something? I played pso maybe 7 years ago for a few months and have started again here 2 months ago. By habit always do this and don't know why lol I probably read about an accuracy bonus 7 years ago and it's just sorta stuck. However I know that monsters kinda get stunned when we attack them too. Is that why it's a suggested attack pattern?

So is there some sort of accuracy bonus? Or is it just a placebo effect and no accuracy is affected at all?

The 2nd and 3rd attacks in a combo get accuracy boosts. People do NHH or NSS for damage mostly. The combos always start with normal partly because 1st attack doesn't get accuracy boost so hard or special will likely miss, but also because of the other issue being mentioned, which is known as Manual Evasion. Manual Evasion is when a monster moves away from your attack projectile, so that your attack no longer connects with the center of their hitbox and causes an automatic miss. Doing a normal attack first will stop the enemy in their tracks so that your other attacks will actually connect. A few specific weapons only have to graze the monsters hitbox instead of hit the center of it, like rambling may or frozen shooter special (this is why you can freeze a monster you were not targeting, either just beyond your range or shooting just beside him), but stuff like that is few and far between.

As for stunning mobs, although NNH sometimes stuns better than NHH when only attacking at max speed, you can achieve the same kind of effect by adding some delay in your combo. A max speed NHH sword combo in ult will get you smacked after the 2nd attack, but adding a bit of delay in your combo can keep the enemies flinching and not attacking.

• Like 1

The 2nd and 3rd attacks in a combo get accuracy boosts. People do NHH or NSS for damage mostly. The combos always start with normal partly because 1st attack doesn't get accuracy boost so hard or special will likely miss, but also because of the other issue being mentioned, which is known as Manual Evasion. Manual Evasion is when a monster moves away from your attack projectile, so that your attack no longer connects with the center of their hitbox and causes an automatic miss. Doing a normal attack first will stop the enemy in their tracks so that your other attacks will actually connect. A few specific weapons only have to graze the monsters hitbox instead of hit the center of it, like rambling may or frozen shooter special (this is why you can freeze a monster you were not targeting, either just beyond your range or shooting just beside him), but stuff like that is few and far between.

As for stunning mobs, although NNH sometimes stuns better than NHH when only attacking at max speed, you can achieve the same kind of effect by adding some delay in your combo. A max speed NHH sword combo in ult will get you smacked after the 2nd attack, but adding a bit of delay in your combo can keep the enemies flinching and not attacking.

You sir have won 1 internet. Here you go.... *internet*

Not redeemable for PD/PC/DT tho :/

(this means thanks :P I felt like the acc was always higher starting with a N combo)

Edited by KAION

It does have a special, is just tricky, it can show traps same as trap vision, you have to use it in a room with traps x: . It is supposed to boost team members stats as far as i know, but i have test it with no results.

It does have a special, is just tricky, it can show traps same as trap vision, you have to use it in a room with traps x: . It is supposed to boost team members stats as far as i know, but i have test it with no results.

If I remember correctly from official server, it boosts teammates accuracy. I don't remember how exactly. Maybe just by having it equipped?

Which buttons do you spam to break out of freeze on controller?

I spam A-D on keyboard but moving the analog sticks left-right on controller doesn't work near as fast

I don't think the default controls for controller helps to break out of ice at all. So what I did was use Joytokey (PC software that lets you use keyboard keys from your controller) to create an "ice break" button on my controller. If I push and hold down on my left analog stick (L3 button on PS3 controller), it is turbo WASD. It works great.

And while we are on the subject, if you configure it properly, controller is superior to keyboard for playing PSO in general.

• Like 1

You don't need to do a circular motion (aka WASD). All you need to do to unfreeze is to hit left then right (or vice versa) exactly four times. A D A D A D A D, that's all.

And yeah, I could never break out of ice on PSOBB with a controller either - first Gamecube controller, then Xbox 360 controller. Even though it worked perfectly back on PSOGC with the very same controller, doing the 4x left right motion described.

Still, I prefer to just put on a Cure/Freeze at Dark Falz or wherever the danger persists, as long as I have the luxury of a free slot (usually on a Lv200 char).

• Like 4

I just bring up the menu (even the quick weapon) and it works just fine.

If you open a menu, it breaks you out of freeze? I've never heard of that before.