Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

So I've heard different people saying different things. What is the difference between evasion and defense. Which one makes you guard?

Also does Izmaela really drop in black paper's deal? That's the one item I never see drop.

Edited by mayn102

I don't know the exact formulas off the top of my head, but roughly...

Defense reduces damage by a certain amount based on your stat and the enemies ATP. If the damage is reduced to 0, you will block.

Evasion has a chance to evade based on your stat and the enemies ATA. Each attack rolls the rng dice so you'll either block or you won't - damage amount does not matter.

Magic and some fixed damage attacks (like baranz missiles or bringer shots) can't be blocked.

Can't answer about Izmaela as I have not gotten one.

• Like 1

so both defense and evasion helps you block.

Not exactly. Evasion is how often you will block an attack. Defense reduces the damage from a physical, non-set damage attack. However if an attack does 0 damage (can happen with jellen and deband), you will do something called a Defense Evade. It looks similar to a block but is slightly different. You will do an animation similar to a block, but you will be pushed backwards (normal blocking makes you stand still). It may also recover slightly faster, but I'm not sure about that.

Both stats are fairly useless, and high numbers in either can have drawbacks, such as being block-locked or pushed into corners. They are incredibly weak for how many points it takes to make a significant difference (jellen helps way more than 500 dfp does), and most of the dangerous things in the game are either elemental or set damage which do not care about your dfp or evp.

Izmaela does not drop in bpd. It drops from shambertin ultimate whitill 1/104 and from easter eggs.

• Like 1

So I haven't played in quite a while, looked in my bank and what the hell is this? http://i.imgur.com/HjwhGiN.pngLol

DarkFalz unit and Lv 5 Kama mags scattered about (more in common bank) think those were just baby mags anyway.

I assume I can just delete these without worry right?

Don't delete those, it appears you have a unitxt error and it is misnaming the items, so it could be that is a unit you actually do want.

Try following these steps to fix it: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21696-weird-items-names-and-special-items-changed-or-went/#entry116768

• Like 1

Apparently the rappy's Holliday quest (maybe rappy's festival, gotta double check) or gallons shop through use of the slot machine with lucky coins. you could either get hp or tp from that specific roll so its not great either way. Also im not sure if rappys holliday is a quest we have on this server. but those are the two methods i found online.

What's the best way to get TP Materials?

There are 3 ways to get TP Materials.

1. Forest Offensive Simulator - This is fairly short quest since you start in f2, the simulator is available after you beat dragon and go back to forest 2nd room and go to the computer over the bridge. You are not allowed to die in here and there are a lot of bringers in the simulator. It's not too hard if you have a pair of casts with freeze traps and possibly arrest needles. Only the Red player (leader by default, unless they left and someone else joined and got red gem/arrow marker) can get a prize, which is a TP mat, solferino, or a friend ring. Good way to farm Bringers if you can handle it, quest is good for hildebears also.

2. Gallon's Shop - The Roulette game can give TP materials as a prize. This costs Lucky Coins which are gotten from the Phantasmal World quests (1 per quest in normal-vhard, up to 4 in ultimate if 4p). Lots of other prizes are possible so only about ~10% chance to get a tp mat. Phantasmal World quests can be good for farming enemies, and getting 4 coins per run for ult 4p games is pretty good. The roulette game can give out other good prizes too like 9star weapons with hit, hp mats, and god's shields.

3. Rappy's Holiday - The switch minigame (3 switches on ground, pick one to stand on) costs 3 points to play, and can win 1 point, 4 points, 10 points, a normal no special non-rare 0% weapon, a monomate, and (much more rarely than the other prizes) one of any kind of material including tp and luck material. If you run out of points you'll have to get more from other minigames (only 1 of them is playable with only meseta) or one of the rappys sells points for increasing amounts of meseta.

Of these methods, none of them are really quick. Only one player can get the reward in forest offensive so that one sucks. Rappys holiday is slow and tedious with a lot of text (6 text boxes, then a selection of 3 options Pass, Do it, and No way! with the affirmative 'do it' being in the middle of the other two lol, then 7 more text boxes) and has issues where you can run out of points, it can often reward you with other materials and fill up your inventory from the random useless weapons and you can't really afk, but it is doable solo, and you could feed mags or something while doing it but it does require you to keep talking to the rappy and moving your char around and replenishing your points, so it's more hands on than doing like netflix-afk + magfeed, and also you can't pipe out of the area. Phantasmal World quests can get you a lot of coins, and you can dual log chars and both will get coins at the end; they are good quests for farming mobs and pretty fun as well, though they can be difficult. I was not able to get a tp material from today's rate, and I have not confirmed whether or not Beak's Cafe game can award tp mats yet, but I don't think it can, so I'm pretty sure those are the only three ways to get them.

I think the best overall is just to do a lot of Phantasmal World quests, you can a lot coins and do some actual farming for valuable things, and to a lesser extent you can do the same with forest offensive doing stuff like bringers hunt for spread needle, rappy's holiday is mostly just going to be a lot of time wasted for only the materials(which are much much rarer than the other prizes) and not really much else.

Edit: After testing Rappy's Holiday, it's easily the slowest method of all, over an hour and a half of doing the minigame (about 15-20 min of just collecting points first) and I've gotten 30 monomates, 21 0% orangebox weapons, 4 def mats, 3 mind mats, 2 evade mats, 1 luck mat, and 1 hp mat and more points than I started with. First 45 min i only got like 3 materials, last 8 have gotten in another 45 min of doing this. 4points is most common prize, followed by 1 point, monomates, 10 points / weapons, and material. This feels like a waste of time, and it's really annoying to go through the rappies bs text with a option tree of No Yes No in the middle of it.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

@Fyrewolf5

Thanks for all the info. It really seems like TP Material should be added to one of the event drops, like inside the Christmas present or rappy egg.

@Fyrewolf5

Thanks for all the info. It really seems like TP Material should be added to one of the event drops, like inside the Christmas present or rappy egg.

Yea it really should. I finally was able to use up all my points now in this testing. With 3 hours and 15 min in the game (first 15 min getting points), I started with 76, got up to 105 at one point, but now i spent them all. Got around 100 monomates and 50-60 weapons, 5 evade materials, 12 def materials, 9 mind materials, 4 power materials, 2 hp materials, 1 luck material, and ZERO tp materials. What a waste of 3 hours. Don't use this method, it blows.

• Like 1

So I completed the 50/0/0/150 mind Sato I wanted, only to realize too late I made a cream one and not a white one >_>.

Is there a way to have this changed be it by donation or something? I didn't see a price for changing mag colors listed.