Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

y maybe i give it a try.

1 last question.

wouldnt it be really great if techniques could crit ? i mean, why they cant ? whats the reason behind that, are they too strong already without crits ? not really :P

feels not fair for me. would get luck a sense for force technique chars as well. would be so amazing if u could implent that ;)

Critical hit comes from your luck that is used on a weapon, techs only seem to factor your mst points for it's damage + any booster you might be using at the time. So it's mostly natural to do the same kind of damage every time, it would be awesome for tech users to get the same chance to crit in the game, but i'm not sure if that's possible, specially on an old game like this, techs would have to start considering mst+luck for it's attack power. ;3 let's believe in the developers!

Fastest EP2 CCA/Tower (solo) clearing force?

I would say fonewearl but I've seen a pretty good work on several other kinds of forces, fomarl has a nice arsenal maybe with a good rambling may or excalibur/viviene etc she could deal a good damage on gryphon on cca.

For tower you need a very good demon's weapon and being great at dodging. It's still an hard task but possible, tech spam could help but doesn't seem very effective because of ep2 increased enemy resistances.

Don't forget last swan

Edited by cyane

hey

Photon Crystals normally only add hit to enemy part weapons, as detailed here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2586-adding-hit-to-monster-weapons-guide/

Server events will also often use photon crystals in them, since they are easy for any player to obtain on normal/hard ep 4 from rare monsters.

PCs can also be used in the Black Paper Deal 1 and 2 quests (found in ep 4 one player mode side story) to win various blank/min rares, check here for the list: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/quest_drops.php

As cyane said, magic is relatively weak in ultimate compared to attacking weapons (magic gives wider aoe vs less damage tradeoff), enemy resists are high in all episodes but especially ep 2 have annoying resists even when using their elemental weakness, though a lot of ep 2 is weak to megid. It is still possible to use magic to solo things, ep 4 is especially nice to solo with force, but you will need to get some things to do so. In order to boost your tech damage, you will need to get higher tech levels and more importantly get gear which give tech boosts. There are a number of pieces of gear which do so, but they are basically necessary to do damage, the tech boosters are the majority of your tech damage. Ra- techs get the best boosting gear overall, with them it is possible to a lot of things (but not everything) solo with just using magic. Also as a side note, using magic to kill stuff is mostly reserved for soloing; in a team it causes too much damage cancel and bugs and just generally isn't the best thing for the force to be doing, there is almost always something much more useful they could be doing. A good force will fluidly switch between support, melee, and nuking in a team.

For shields there are the various merges for colors (red blue yellow merge 20% to element) and specific techs(foie merge, gizonde merge, rabarta merge, etc 30% to tech), virus shield: vol opt(20% gi- techs, +10 ata over max), three seals (+25% ra- techs), and hylian shield (+100% grants, +75% rafoie, +60% razonde).

For weapons, there are a number of different things. There are the elemental wands (fire scepter:agni, ice staff:dagon, storm wand:indra) which give 20% to their element. For si techs there are the elemental clubs (laconium, adaman, zumiran) for 40% to their si- tech, hildebear's cane/hildeblue's cane/sigh of a god for 30% foie/barta/zonde respectively, and twinkle star and summit moon for 20% and 30% all si- techs. For gi- techs there is sorcerer's cane and magical piece for 20% and 30% gi- techs, and siren glass hammer for 50% gibarta (lol gibarta).

For Ra-techs there is Psycho Wand (45% Ra- techs, reduce tp cost -50% but full cost taken from hp as well), Prophets of Motav (20% Ra- techs, very rare), and Psycho Bridge (85% rafoie/razonde 95% rabarta, made with Dark Bridge+Proof of Sonic Team).

For grants boosters there is Clio (10%), Cadeceus (20%), Mercurius Rod (30%), Dark Bridge (40%), and mother garb+ armor (random 30% grants -50% tp cost w/ no hp loss like pwand).

Megid boost makes megid pierce like it does naturally on foney, can be achieved with Cursed Cloak armor, Demonic Fork, Ultima Reaper, and Dark Bridge.

Apart from lots of leveling up, you should start by asking around for the elemental wands agni dagon and indra, as it will be the easiest way for you to get ra- boosts, surely someone will have one lying around for free. The elemental clubs and/or a magic rock "moola" to make summit moon should also be fairly easy to get. You may be able to find a cheap red merge from someone as well. You can ask someone to help farm a 3 seals (redria/skyly vhard delbiters), or try to get a hylian shield in triforce event (after summer event) though that will be tough drop so keep leveling up and make some friends on the server who can hunt gryphon with you when the time comes. Psycho wand drops from Purplenum Mil Lily (rare lily) or from Whitill Del Lily. It is possible to solo farm mil lily without too much hassle if you can get a good setup for it, getting some gear to get 100 edk (some armor with 20, 4 resist/devils, a shield of delsaber for 25 or 3 seals for 33) will let you afk kill mil lily (today's rate, east room) without worrying about dying to megid, though spamming techs on them might take a while; demon's is pretty effective on them since they suicide at low hp.

It will take some time to get geared out to do magic damage, but elemental wands and a merge/3 seals can get you to 40%-45% quickly and won't cost more than a handful of pds at worst (3 seals may cost a bit, but a merge will be cheap), and then work on upgrading to a psycho wand and hylian shield, once you have pwand+hylian/3seals you'll be able to solo a lot of things. There are plenty of nice people on the server to play with, so don't be afraid to team up with others; Good luck with powering up your character.

hey ty very much for ur post. i wil keep that in mind. i got all of this cheap weapons like agni dagon etc.. all that gear sounds great but will of course take a lot of time to get it. i will try to get a bit higher megid disk , my is stil lvl 6 and i cant kill nothing with it, not even after 10 casts lol

Fastest EP2 CCA/Tower (solo) clearing force?

Fonewearl, hands down. Every other force doesn't have the ata, they'll have a really hard time hitting their demon's. And you really need demon's to do it. Even on foney hitting the delbiters and the blue flowers with bringers is going to be hard. Tower is really not meant to be soloed, especially with force.

This topic explains most of them, where it says ultima exclusive items http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-item-weapon-gear-effects-ie/

Most exclusive items only pop up during events, so gotta stay tuned to the events and do a bit of research about what you're looking for on old threads on that section to have an idea of where things will pop up, http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/forum/9-events/ sometimes the id's for the hunts change-

Hi guys, I have a quick question :

I'd like to hunt dark sorcerers from ep1 and i've read that the best way to farm them is FoM1. Is it still true on ultima ?

Also, I might not be able to survive in ruins, so I thought about doing the solo quest -doc secret plan- instead. I know that solo drop rates should be the same as in multiplayer, but I'd like to be sure of that (because of lot of things are different on this server).

Many thanks :onion86:

Edit : I havn't realised that the ennemy count topic that I found ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6440-enemy-counts/) was already ultima related.

Edit2 : Thanks for answering my question tru :onion88:

Edited by SojiX

Hi guys, I have a quick question :

I'd like to hunt dark sorcerers from ep1 and i've read that the best way to farm them is FoM1. Is it still true on ultima ?

Also, I might not be able to survive in ruins, so I thought about doing the solo quest -doc secret plan- instead. I know that solo drop rates should be the same as in multiplayer, but I'd like to be sure of that (because of lot of things are different on this server).

Many thanks :onion86:

Edit : I havn't realised that the ennemy count topic that I found ( http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/6440-enemy-counts/) was already ultima related.

Yes, solo drop rates are the same.

So I know no hit spread needles go for around 5-10 pds how about a 30 hit that I can turn into an arrest needle? And how much pds for a 10 hit

A spread needle without stats will likely go for less than 5 PDs. A 30 hit spread needle could cost around 35 PDs (but it's hard to say). A 10 hit spread needle should never be a thing. If you untekk your weapons correctly the least amount of hit a weapon should have would be 15 percent. You can gain up to 10 percent extra from what the stats say on an untekked weapon by having the tekker tek the weapon multiple times and denying it anytime he offers it with stats less than 10 percent higher than the original. A 15 hit spread needle may go for around 20 PDs. It depends on weather you can find a seller. The best way to go about it may just be buying an arrest needle with hit. I've seen a 30 hit arrest needle go for about 65 PDs. Or you could just hunt a spread needle with hit yourself.

Friend ring - what is it? Or where i can find informatin about it? (If anyone have link, i'd be pleasure)

By every team member of your team, you receive a bonus of ATP and DFP, I think this is broken so it might not work :/

I've been looking at the max stat planning thread, and I noticed there were *no* recommendations for any class on using EVA/DEF mats....

Are they just really low yield in terms of ultimate, or do you know of any niche builds that use them?

A spread needle without stats will likely go for less than 5 PDs. A 30 hit spread needle could cost around 35 PDs (but it's hard to say). A 10 hit spread needle should never be a thing. If you untekk your weapons correctly the least amount of hit a weapon should have would be 15 percent. You can gain up to 10 percent extra from what the stats say on an untekked weapon by having the tekker tek the weapon multiple times and denying it anytime he offers it with stats less than 10 percent higher than the original. A 15 hit spread needle may go for around 20 PDs. It depends on weather you can find a seller. The best way to go about it may just be buying an arrest needle with hit. I've seen a 30 hit arrest needle go for about 65 PDs. Or you could just hunt a spread needle with hit yourself.

Thanks