Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I have 2 questions actually.

How do you add hit to your (monster)weapons?

And my Hucast is almost 200 so I want to make a Force as a complete opposite which one should I pick? Pros and Cons?

-To add hit you can check this guide http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2586-adding-hit-to-monster-weapons-guide/

-Fomar

Cons

No tp recovery

Low defense

Low ata(?)

Bad support range

No megid pierce

Pros

Quick in combat

Somehow competent with weapons

Gifoie Gizonde Gibarta Grants 1.3 damage

-Fomarl

Cons

No tp recovery

PROs

Great support character

Very competent with weapons

Balanced character

Grants 1.5x damage

Shifta Deband Resta and Anti 2x range

-Fonewm

Cons

Bad support range

No megid pierce

Pros

Balanced using weapons/guns, but don't shine as brightly as the human classes.

They excel themselves using many attack techniques.

Automatic tp recovery

Gifoie Gizonde GIbarta 1.3x damage

Rafoie Razonde Rabarta 1.3x damage

-Fonewearl

Cons

Is more limited using weapons but it's great for supporting

Pros

They have good mind that make them the second best using attack techniques.

Highest tp and mind of all force classes.

Regens tp automatically.

Megid penetrates

Foie Zonde Barta and Megid 1.3 damage

Resta and Anti 2x range

Edited by cyane
  • Like 2

I have 2 questions actually.

How do you add hit to your (monster)weapons?

And my Hucast is almost 200 so I want to make a Force as a complete opposite which one should I pick? Pros and Cons?

A complete opposite would probably be fonewearl, with the lowest atp but best support due to resta/anti range, highest ata, and strong heal. Ata is still pretty important for forces, Fomar gets 173 max, but can exclusively use godric's cloak for 30 extra ata over max, fomarl gets to 180, fonewm 190, and fonewearl 196 (fomarl and foney can wear kroe's sweater for 10 extra ata over max).

Max Hp for each class is Fomarl 1523, Fonewm 1482, Fomar 1425, and Fonewearl 1398. Fonewearl will be knocked down most easily with such low hp (attacks that do > 1/4th your max hp will knock you down), and can die to bringer's charge shot (1400 set damage), and all forces except Fomarl will die to Falz 3 blue ball attack when it crits (1500 set damage) without any hp units or psycho bridge. More than 1630ish hp on fonewearl will also cause you to die to shambertin tornado (unsure if this is set damage attack or if dfp affects it slightly, but it should be similar number for all characters; if it doesn't knock you down it multihits you every frame and kills you, similar to gal gryphon's charge when jellened).

Even though fonewearl is low atp, she is actually quite deadly using demon special support with bringer's rifle and slicer of fanatic(SoF), as those don't care about your atp and just do 75% of the monster's hp, and her ata is one of the reasons she can support slightly better than fomarl can (human's shifta/deband range isn't all that useful, every class already has enough range with any s/d booster). However fonewearl's low atp max of 683 leaves her unable to use gear up in the 800 requirement range like excalibur (can use 100 souls and blood sword), master sword, galatine, most s-ranks, etc, so her atp offense will be relatively weak, but she can still do ok damage with a good vivienne and 100 souls or blood sword.

The atp of forces goes in almost opposite order than the ata, with fomar having 1102, fomarl having 972, fonewm with 914, and foney with 683.

However consider that access to female gear is a pretty huge bonus, what with:

Kroe's sweater (10 ata over max),

Sweetheart (extra atp when standing very near to 1-3 males),

Tyrell's Parasol (aka Principle's Gift Parasol, 300 atp charge partisan basically like a slightly stronger melee baranz launcher, resta/shifta/deband range +100%, the new rico's parasol is the same thing for males now but is still rare and they don't have natural resta/anti range),

Marina's Bag (resta/anti range +100%, wand type),

Rambling May (450 atp shot type gun with 2 bullets per attack and launcher properties aka can barely graze a monsters hitbox and hit it instead of having to hit center of their hitbox, so manual evasion will basically never happen, safety heart gives it +30 ata),

Last Swan (handgun type that fires 3 bullets per attack combo unlocked, male fo can use master raven but that is combo locked and their ata is not great for it),

Vivienne (quite strong doublesaber that steals tp),

some other thing I'm probably forgetting like the lesser parasols/umbrellas.

Male only gear is much less useful, so although fonewm and fomarl may seem close in atp, fomarl has a significant advantage in attacking due to gear (especially rambling may, that gun is absolute beast on fomarl).

Fomar and Fomarl can use only 1 mag to max atp/ata/lck/mst, but Fonewm and Fonewearl will need to raise 2 mags (1 for ata/atp/lck setup and one for mst setup) since newmans have such huge base to max differences.

The most important thing that mst will do is increase your resta power(1120 foney, 995 fonewm, 915 fomar, 887 fomarl), fonewm and fonewearl heal will basically be able to full heal every class in two heals with their mst mag on, without the mst mag on or as fomar/fomarl, you may need 3 resta for racast/hucast/racaseal if they get to low hp. Since foney and fonewm use 2 mags though, their heal is usually about the same as fomar/fomarl if using their ata/atp mags. For tech damage boosts are far more important than mst is, so for example, even though fomarl has lowest mst she will have the best grants damage because of her natural tech boost to it.

Tech casting and Attack animation speeds are another point to consider; these will vary with each class. Females have the fastest casting speed with wand type weapons, while males have the fastest casting speed barehanded, but also there are issues like Fonewearl having very slow partisan tech cast speed (Tyrell's Parasol, which is why i use marina's bag+striker of chao on her as my resta/anti and shifta/deband boosters), Fomarl having insanely fast shot attack animation (rambling may) and very fast saber attack animation (excalibur, it's basically like hucaseal katana animation with very fast 2nd and 3rd attack and good recovery), but being noticeably slower with vivienne attack animation than foney (though fomarl has a very fast cast animation with doublesabers), and fomarl also having a good slicer (SoF) attack animation with less startup and faster 3rd attack than most other classes slicer animations. Basically every fomarl animation I can think of is better than foney animation except for doublesaber attack animation. I don't know anything about fomar animations as I do not play one, and I can't really think of any notable animations for fonewm off the top of my head (I need to test his animations out more in detail though, I think his saber/cane/rod cast animations are slightly faster than foney/fomarl).

Since you want a character that is the opposite of hucast (a pure damage/dps character), I would thus recommend fonewearl as she is a great support and has to think about what the team needs to have done(debuff, keep everyone's hp topped off, demon's that particularly annoying or tough mob, etc). Fomarl can also support very well, but since she has pretty good attacking capabilities it's possible to tunnel vision a bit more on damage output with rambling may/excal/master sword/etc than supporting and focusing on what the team needs (taking care of all the little things for them so they don't have to worry about it and they can focus on attacking).

Even when you focus on supporting, being able to change weapons/shields/equips on the fly and timing your techs/attacks with all the switching can be a lot of fun. There is a whole lot of stuff for force to do, and getting your timing and ordering lined up right with the the team's constantly changing needs and situations can be very gratifying.

Do I risk casting resta after getting hit and knocked down, or do I time a trimate when I stand up and jellen the mob to not be knocked down again? Can I time equipping a resta booster and casting resta afterwards before his next attack interupts me? Can I time my resta to reach a teamate hit by olga df wave before the wave reaches me? Can I time my anti cast just before falz ball form does his slo-mo stomp so when the anti actually finishes casting and goes off it cures teammates? Should I anti my teammates freeze before they break out, or is there some other more important thing I need to do while he breaks out manually? Can I time changing my equipped shield between tech casts while keeping the monster stunlocked? Can I dodge the monster's attacks while still casting techs? Can I time my SoF first special attack (in a SN glitch combo) so its stepping forward will dodge an incoming monster's swipe that is too close to SoF and hit farther away mobs my team needs demonsed? etc. Being on top of things with support and able to constantly adapt to what's happening can be very gratifying indeed.

I hope that gives you a bit more insight into force. Be sure to read through zynetic's great force guide too here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3437-playing-a-good-fo/

Best of luck to you!

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

The best way to replace the texture in weapons and what part of the hex code needs to be edited? I'm not sure if it's the 8 first lines

Afaik there is only 1 way to change textures (in weapons)... which is using the AFS/VMT tools to edit ItemTextureEP4.afs...

What hex code you talk about, you don't edit hex codes when replacing skins.

Edited by Soly