Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Say you only need 50 MST to hit your class's cap, (Just assume for the purpose of the question you have nothing equipped right now.) and you put 50 MIND on your mag (+100 MST), does the extra 50 MST get added on to your total instead of your initial (That number in the ()'s), or does it not get added on at all?

It doesn't get added at all, there are some selected units, like smartlink (adds ATA over max), that well, add over max but most stats units and mags wont add over the cap

There are also frames and shields that give you stats, some over and some not over max, an example is Red Ring, adds 20 Luck to base but 20 ATA over max

Edited by Soly

It doesn't get added at all, there are some selected units, like smartlink (adds ATA over max), that well, add over max but most stats units and mags wont add over the cap

There are also frames and shields that give you stats, some over and some not over max, an example is Red Ring, adds 20 Luck to base but 20 ATA over max

Thanks, just finalized my RAmar's Max Stat set up. (Assuming the GC/XBox max stats are the same as BB.)

On 7/18/2014 at 3:04 PM, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Thanks, just finalized my RAmar's Max Stat set up. (Assuming the GC/XBox max stats are the same as BB.)

The stats are NOT the same on this server. Ultima has boosted stats over vanilla, every class can raise ATA by +10 higher, ATP DFP MST by +100 higher, and EVP by +30 higher than vanilla stats.

Ramar has a lot of extra materials to use, but if you want to use Holy Ray on him that requires using some unit that gives stats, cent/battle and no other units will leave you 25 mst shy of being able to equip it. While holy ray is a good weapon, it's not the end of the world if you can't use it on ramar (he can't even use on vanilla, not enough mst), you can make alternatives with arrest laser, type ri/rifle, yas 3k / 7k, or whatever else.

Cent/Battle plan, no holy ray

MAG: 5 / 137 / 58 / 0

Mats: 35 luck | 140 pow | 75 extra

v101 plan

MAG: 5 / 140 / 55 / 0

Mats: 28 luck | 130 pow | 92 extra

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

The stats are NOT the same on this server. Ultima has boosted stats over vanilla, every class can raise ATA by +10 higher, ATP DFP MST by +100 higher, and EVP by +30 higher than vanilla stats.

Ramar has a lot of extra materials to use, but if you want to use Holy Ray on him that requires using some unit that gives stats, cent/battle and no other units will leave you 25 mst shy of being able to equip it. Ano Rifle is an alternative with slightly less ata on the weapon, but is also more difficult to get than holy ray. While holy ray is a good weapon, it's not the end of the world if you can't use it on ramar, you can make alternatives with type ri/rifle, ano rifle, yas 3k / 7k, or whatever else.

Cent/Battle plan, no holy ray

MAG: 5 / 137 / 58 / 0

Mats: 35 luck | 140 pow | 75 extra

v101 plan

MAG: 5 / 140 / 55 / 0

Mats: 28 luck | 130 pow | 92 extra

Oh this is BULL. I mean the Max stats are just something you don't change! I was fine with the boosted exp, but this is just inexcusable.

Oh well, I quickly edited it and can still make it work... but I have to use 3 of my 4 slots for Centurion/Abilitys.

Weapon

Heaven Striker (+25 MST)

Mag

DEF: 8

POW: 92

DEX: 46

MIND: 54

Mats (250)

Power: 140

Defense: 79

Evasive: 8

Mind: 19

(4 Extra)

Units

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

So depending on the situation, it'll either be Max Stats, or utility, depending on how I change up my units.

Edit: Made changes to V101 is not needed, but now Heaven Striker is. However, I plan on getting one anyway.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga

Oh this is BULL. I mean the Max stats are just something you don't change! I was fine with the boosted exp, but this is just inexcusable.

Oh well, I quickly edited it and can still make it work... but I have to use 3 of my 4 slots for Centurion/Abilitys.

Mag

DEF: 10

POW: 92

DEX: 44

MIND: 54

Materials (250):

Power: 133

Defense: 71

Evasive: 1

Mind: 24

(21 Extra)

Units

V101

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

Centurion/Ability

So depending on the situation, it'll either be Max Stats, or utility, depending on how I change up my units.

I don't recommend going for max dfp or evp.... not only is there not enough room for planning and you are using every slot, but having too much of those stats can actually be detrimental. There is always something better for your units than one you are using just for stats. You have no room for cure/shock, trap/search, v502, resist/devil, cure/freeze, pb/increase, or any of the other utility units that could actually be useful unlike dfp and evp.

What items do I need to feed a mag and with what classes/section IDs in order to make a Mind Sato?

Sato needs a Viridia, Blueful, Redria, or Whitill Female Force for it's evolution, with def+dex=pow+mind at lvl 100.

You can start the mag on any class for your desired first pb.

Level 5-10 : Feed 13 monofluids. Could also feed antiparalysis, but you will need to get twins pb in a 4th evolution after 50 anyway, so might as well raise the mind more in this phase to make it get there faster.

Level 10-49 : Feed Antiparalysis. A ranger started (raised to level 10) mag will gain +20 dex from 35-50, while a hu/fo started (raised to level 10) mag will get +11 dex +4 mind from 35-50.

Level 49-50 Evolution : In order to get twins, you cannot learn a pb with this evolution, so I recommend a Group A Force for this evolution, Viridia Skyly Purplenum Redria or Yellowboze, as it will turn into a Sita with the best feeding at +16 mind difluids. Group B Force and Group A Ranger also learn a pb you already have, but give mags that feed difluids at +11 mind.

At this point you will begin raising the mind on the mag with difluids, because to get the Twins pb you need to use an evolution for mind>dex>power. When the mag will have that balance at the next level multiple of 5 (when evolutions occur), then transfer it to a Group B Force Greenil Blueful Pinkal Oran Whitill to evolve it to an ila mag and get the twins pb while still being in the best feeding group.

Level x-99 : Continue to feed the mag so that it will have 45 dexterity and 50 mind when it will reach level 100 (5 def + 45 dex = 50 mind + 0 pow).

Level 99-100 Evolution: Raise the final level of dexterity or mind (whichever you left one point off at level 99) with a Virida Blueful Redria or Whitill Fomarl/Fonewearl. Enjoy your new Sato MAG, and be sure to dance along when it wants to party!

Level 100-200 : Continue to feed Difluids at +16 mind to level 200, when the mag will be 5 / 0 / 45 / 150, or to whatever your desired stats are.

There ya go.

• Like 2

Meh, considering the final bosses all pretty much use set damage attacks, I see your point on the DFP and EVP. Just kinda wanted to see those yellow numbers cap off. =P I'll make some changes...

Edit: Moved some things around, now I only need 1 Cent/Ability since I'm leaving DFP and EVP out of the equation. ATP/MST/ATA/LUK still maxed.

Bear in mind that for most Cent/Battle + only 1 stat bonus unit plans (well, those that ignore DFP, not even mentioning EVP), using Adept will actually work out better than Cent/Ability. At least that's what my calculations for HUcast and RAcast have shown where using Adept allows for more/maxed ATP and more LCK. But those are the 150 material cases, RAmar and other 250 mat classes might be different.

On the other hand, Cent/Ability is less problematic to temporarily unequip for specific situations where you will want certain units (Cure or whatever) in place as losing the 2 ATA won't hurt you as much as will the 20 ATA from an Adept.

• Like 1

So diggin through the search feature, I saw that there used to be a common bank here, but it was really buggy. Has any progress been made on this? I'm just purely curious. A relevant staff reply would be appreciated. I dont any friends that play here aside 1, and I cant rely on the 1 I play with to constantly give me transfers. This might be a breaker as to wether I quit pso again or not, I simply dont have the patience anymore for not being able to freely share my stuff on my account with my chars.

Not trying to be pushy or anything, j/w if its being worked on to come back.

Edit: also...are the requirements for club of laconium displayed wrong or am I missing something? My FO's base MST is 432 compared to clubs 430 requirement and I cant equip it.

Edited by lt.derp

So diggin through the search feature, I saw that there used to be a common bank here, but it was really buggy. Has any progress been made on this? I'm just purely curious. A relevant staff reply would be appreciated. I dont any friends that play here aside 1, and I cant rely on the 1 I play with to constantly give me transfers. This might be a breaker as to wether I quit pso again or not, I simply dont have the patience anymore for not being able to freely share my stuff on my account with my chars.

Not trying to be pushy or anything, j/w if its being worked on to come back.

Edit: also...are the requirements for club of laconium displayed wrong or am I missing something? My FO's base MST is 432 compared to clubs 430 requirement and I cant equip it.

The common bank is still around (/bank), it can be buggy occasionally, but simply take a picture of your stuff beforehand if you are really paranoid, the recent update should have helped it out somewhat. Also, the reason you can't equip laconium is because unequipping your current weapon would drop you below 430 mst.

The common bank is still around (/bank), it can be buggy occasionally, but simply take a picture of your stuff beforehand if you are really paranoid, the recent update should have helped it out somewhat. Also, the reason you can't equip laconium is because unequipping your current weapon would drop you below 430 mst.

Ah derp, thanks for both. It's been such a long time since I had trouble equipping anything on a FO, so I forgot what it was like. The common bank really helps me a lot, maybe I'm spoiled but I find it to be a modern neccessity.

Edited by lt.derp

Bear in mind that for most Cent/Battle + only 1 stat bonus unit plans (well, those that ignore DFP, not even mentioning EVP), using Adept will actually work out better than Cent/Ability. At least that's what my calculations for HUcast and RAcast have shown where using Adept allows for more/maxed ATP and more LCK. But those are the 150 material cases, RAmar and other 250 mat classes might be different.

On the other hand, Cent/Ability is less problematic to temporarily unequip for specific situations where you will want certain units (Cure or whatever) in place as losing the 2 ATA won't hurt you as much as will the 20 ATA from an Adept.

I actually plan on using Adepts for my FOmarl max stating. I also think I may go back to my original plan for my RAmar, but I'll mull it over. But you're right, Cent/Ability will be less detrimental for utility units, but my FOmarl will still have one free slot to use. Probably gonna put a V801 in there, maybe a PB/Create. Of course, ALL these plans will change if I manage to nab a Red Ring. Although, this would be a lot easier if they didn't edit the stat caps...

Also, since I'm back here, Say you equip a weapon that boosts Grants by 30%, but on a FOmarl who has a natural 50% boost. Do the two boosts stack and if so, is it 180% or 195%? (30x150=195)

You don't need either Adept or Cent/Ability. FOmarl used to be one of the easiest classes to max on vanilla PSOBB. Even here, she still can be maxed for all the non-defensive (DFP/EVP) stats using only V101+V801, and almost be maxed when using Cent/Battle+V801, leaving just a deficit in MST and LCK. That's 2 free slots, one is usually Smartlink. Of course, not being able to tap into her (for a FO) fairly high defensive capabilities will make her a lot less of a tank she used to be.

Anyway, when I first made my FOmarl, I cooked up a plan to max ATP/ATA/MST/LCK by level 200, but that was before I got myself a Cent/Battle. Losing the stat boni from a V101 required a new plan. Fortunately I had not yet obtained all the Luck Materials needed to finish off my 250 mat diet, therefore I slightly changed my plan and ate less Luck so it is at 80 (100 with RR). MST is off by a bit more than 20 which isn't the end of the world.

I don't use Grants much so I can't answer that stacking question.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2014 at 10:40 AM, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

I actually plan on using Adepts for my FOmarl max stating. I also think I may go back to my original plan for my RAmar, but I'll mull it over. But you're right, Cent/Ability will be less detrimental for utility units, but my FOmarl will still have one free slot to use. Probably gonna put a V801 in there, maybe a PB/Create. Of course, ALL these plans will change if I manage to nab a Red Ring. Although, this would be a lot easier if they didn't edit the stat caps...

Also, since I'm back here, Say you equip a weapon that boosts Grants by 30%, but on a FOmarl who has a natural 50% boost. Do the two boosts stack and if so, is it 180% or 195%? (30x150=195)

Tech boosts are additive, so a fomarl (50%) with cadeceus/mercurius rod/dark bridge(20% / 30% / 40%), hylian shield(100%), and mother garb+ (random 30%), would have 200% / 210% / 220% grants boost, for some quite significant damage on low elt enemies. In practice, you will really need hylian shields 100% grants boost to actually make grants worth the time and cost.

And Adept definitely counts for more stats then cent/ability unless you are getting all 6 stats, which is not really feasible. Adept gives 20 ata (40 mag/mats) and 10 to other stats (5 mag/mats), cent/ability gives 3 ata (6 mag/mats) and 30 to other stats (15 mag/mats). With all 6 stats, cent ability gives 81 points, while adept gives 65 points, but with 5 stats it's 66 vs 60 and 4 is 51 vs 55. Even with 5 stats counted I value adepts other uses like 6 all resists, which helps a lot more than 20 dfp/evp does. Elemental attacks are often more dangerous than Physical ones and you'll reduce more damage by having the resists than 20 dfp (3-4 damage reduced), as well as reducing the chance to be shocked/frozen.

Fomarl can completely max with only v101, or you can drop a slight bit of mst for a cent/battle plan.

Cent/Battle

MAG: 5 / 0 / 71 / 124 (or 5 / 124 / 71 / 0)

Mats: 35-45 luck | 126 pow | 79-89 mindĀ  (or 35-45 luck | 2 pow | 203-213 mind)

Could also use a Humar mag of 5/124/71/0 and change mats around to accomodate (2 pow mats 203 mind mats). You can shift around power and mind between mats and mags relatively freely if it suits you (I know at least one person that did so just to have their favorite special normal mag evolution). This leaves you with 44 mst off of max, not counting hylian shield's or red ring's +20 mst or v801s +5 mst, which is really not that significant even at -44, and with hylian/rr+v101+v801 you can be only 4 off max (-2 heal on resta, -1 damage on spells). 45 luck mats is so you can use shields other than red ring, like resta merge, antidark ring, safety heart (+30ata for rm) with rambling may (an absolutely killer weapon for fomarl) while having max luck.

v101

MAG: 5 / 0 / 71 / 124

Mats: 38 luck | 118 power | 92 mind

Completely maxes with v101 on. Uses the atp lck and mst from v101, but not the ata, could get 3 extra mats if you did. No need for red ring's luck, can use resta merge/safety heart/antidark ring. Not really recommended, fomarl benefits quite a bit from centurion/battle's extra speed.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3