The Drop Rates on the new chart.

It may appear to you guys that all the drop rates have suddenly changed to be more difficult then you previously thought.

What has actually happened is that you have basically been lied to by who ever generated the original table which to be honest, was not even for this server in the first place.

What actually happened is:

You were only being told the RT rate (rare table), this did not include the calculation to DROP anything from different monsters which is taken as a % of 100. (Rare enemies and bosses have a 100% drop anything rate for example).

When we calculate the drop rates now using the RT and the DAR (drop anything rate), we get actual accurate rates for all items now.

So to repeat, no rates have actually been made more difficult then they have been for the past like 3 years. Just the calculation that displays this information about them is now more accurate.

Blame me for pointing out this disparity and supplying the info for the real rates to be calculated.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/drops/newsite/droptable.html

also to add to this, myself chuk and kajex have been amending certain rates that were set ridiculously high such as glide divine

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

I know it might seem like a shock to some of you guys, but with this you can accurately know your statistical chance of getting a drop during hunting.

A small (fictive) example :

if a hildebear has a RT drop of 1/10 to drop a varista, it would show up as a 1/10 on the old droptable.

The new droptable now includes the chance of a hildebear dropping an item(= the DAR) + the chance of that item being the rare varista(=the RT drop).

So lets say the hildebear has a DAR of 80, you need to divide the RT by the DAR/100 and thus (1/10)/(80/100) = 1/12.5 real droprate.

Hope it explains it a bit.

To visualize it, it's just an option that includes it or not.

5i36.png

Edit : I'm aware there is a little confusion about Falz's drop, I'll fix it asap.

Edited by chuk

I know it might seem like a shock to some of you guys, but with this you can accurately know your statistical chance of getting a drop during hunting.

A small (fictive) example :

if a hildebear has a RT drop of 1/10 to drop a varista, it would show up as a 1/10 on the old droptable.

The new droptable now includes the chance of a hildebear dropping an item(= the DAR) + the chance of that item being the rare varista(=the RT drop).

So lets say the hildebear has a DAR of 80, you need to divide the RT by the DAR/100 and thus (1/10)/(80/100) = 1/12.5 real droprate.

Hope it explains it a bit.

I'm sorry but I'm confused a bit in the case of Boss... In the case of White ep1 Ulti, Dark Falz, Red Ring = 1/infinity...

means that you can not know exactly the real droprate... even with DAR and RT ??? ???

I'm sorry but I'm confused a bit in the case of Boss... In the case of White ep1 Ulti, Dark Falz, Red Ring = 1/infinity...

means that you can not know exactly the real droprate... even with DAR and RT ??? ???

Oh sorry, that's an exception. Falz has a DAR of 100 in ultimate (like all bosses) so it should be the same drop as it used to be. I'm gonna edit that asap.

Edited by chuk

Oh sorry, that's an exception. Falz has a droprate of 100 in ultimate so it should be the same drop as it used to be. I'm gonna edit that asap.

Thank God... xD

Thanks for the clarification chuk :D

Oh sorry, that's an exception. Falz has a DAR of 100 in ultimate (like all bosses) so it should be the same drop as it used to be. I'm gonna edit that asap.

You should leave it as is because it *feels* like 1/infinity. ^o^

So it's not that this new drop chart makes it harder to obtain the rares, it's just more of an accurate representation?

That's exactly how it is.

And Kajex, I'll make it infinite for you :P