Keyboard Map, Console Controller Usage?

Katalio

I understand that there's a thread topic already for the keyboard map, but I can't get the image to load. Can someone please post the keyboard map? (Also keep in minf I'm using a Mac w/ Bootcamp, if keys are different please let me know.)

Also, can someone please give some guidance on how to configure a game console (PS3) controller for use with this? I have an app called Xpadder if anyone's got experience with that.

Thanks!

I use DS3 Tool (also seems to be know as Motioninjoy Gamepad Tool) - it's not too much hassle to set up but I belive there is a guide on that website with a walkthrough on how to get it working. I just set it on the X360 controller emulator mode - it makes it much easier to use with other games because they'll think it's a 360 Pad and lots of games directly support it as an input

As for setting up the controller for PSO, when you have your computer accepting the PS3 controller as a 360 Pad, go ingame on PSO and go Main menu > Options > Pad Button Config > Custom. From there you can manually configure what you want each function to be assigned to. If you can't type in chat or controls go funky then go into the options menu again, go to Keyboard Controls and set to OFF or just toggle it if it was already off

P.S (see what I did there :3), I'm not sure if PS3 controllers work with PSO if you just plug them in, but it's better to use that tool I mentioned or something similar - it just lets you use it with any game with X360 Pad support, which is just helpful. Oh and unless your PC has some fancy bluetooth stuff in it, you'll have to have your PS3 controller connected Via USB to use it.

Edit x2: Im not sure theres a version of DS3tool for Mac, but theres probably something out there that lets you emulate other gamepads as X360 Pads, though I personally don't know any T^T

Edited by YuTsu
  • Like 2

If you want to use a ps3 remote you'll have to go with Yutsu's solution. You wont be able to use a ps3 remote without ds3tool. thats the same way i do it. Witha 360 remote you just plug in and go but with a ps3 remote you need the ds3 tool.

pso has gamepad compatibility, you just plug it in and set it up in the options menu, i tried using xpadder and it had me doing 2 things at once on some occasions as the game already had settings for the pad D: