ugh.. Online.exe is gone?

Pinpoof

I just downloaded the game for the first time, i installed the game set up an account and all, but when i patch the game, it updates "online.exe" then tells me to exit the game. when i do that and i reopen the Online.exe shortcut, it says it has "been changed, moved or is no longer working properly" then asks if i was to delete the shortcut..

anyone know wth is going on? lol i just wanna playyy

Hmm it is possible that your antivirus silently removes it while it patches. The game is old and the way it patches can be detected as suspicious. I suggest you add the PSO root folder as an exception, that you check your garbage bin and restore the deleted files. Run online.exe as an administrator and never move the exe files from their location. They must be next the DATA folder. You can make a shortcut to them if you want.

• Like 1

i know a long time ago i had the same problem when i tried to play i think all you need to do is Disable your antivirus / firewall for a little bit and re-install it and it should be good, and after it patch's and all i think you should be able to turn it all back on.

and yeah if it gives you an option do like Chuk said to add the PSO root folder as an exception to your firewall and stuff.

Edited by OMEGA9988
  • Like 1

basically i packed it using aspack to reduce it's size, and self extracting executables to memory tend to be picked up as a potential virus by heuristic scanners on virus programs. it ends up being 1/4 the size, I can in future leave it unpacked in users do not mind the larger download on update.