Game won't start after updating? Read this

yea, if you want larva, i dont found a solution ... damn, my bad xD

What was the solution then?

• 2 months later...

My encouter of the matter and experinces

The *Online.exe* in general is the cuase many problem and cuasing many Glitch Updating problem for psobb ultima.

Most common probelm with update is from Online.exe and I want to share this to everyone and will come in good use to you in future. I best recommend this as 2nd additonal for those that are dealing with Update Patch threw the Online.exe

I had many encounter with the Online.exe trying to force its self from crashing when updating or doing udate evertime you log in the game. This been going on must the time. This simple porblem will be fixed 50-75% all the time.

My solution from start to finish had needed to be done

Bypass the Glitch Updating problem for psobb ultima server

1. Re-install the PSoBB Istaller 3.0

2. once the install is done uncheck the box *start online.exe

Tip: you dont want to run the game threw online.exe at this time

3: find the folder called *Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst*

4: Click only the PsoBB.exe

5: The game will start at this moment AS Fullscreen.
Please dont botter loggin in your username and password

6 on the title screen press *enter* key and go to *Patch Download*

the update going take few moment

Tip: once the update is done the game will shutdown automatic

7:Once agian dont go to Online.exe

8: on your Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst folder find Option.exe

9: On the *option.exe* Find *save your ID AND Pass* and put a check on the box.

Tip: This will save time re entering your ID and Pass

10: set your resolution and have your game on window mode

Tip: SETING YOUR RES and Window is optinal

11: At this time make a shortcut for *PSoBB.exe* and delete *Online.exe* On your desktop

Tip: your replacing the Online.exe for PSoBB.exe

Final: now run PSoBB.exe once more and log in the game and you are ready to play Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst

Edited by Old Gamer
  • 3 months later...

i am running into a different problem, the only thing i changed was i updated to 2014 avg and it is kind of a bully. it said all pso files were viruses and removed them (with out asking me i might add) and now i have tried other anti viruses and they are doing the same. so i can launch the exe but i cant connect to the server it just says ofline. im getting very annoyed trying to fix this myself. any one else run into this problem yet?

• 5 months later...

I am having 903 error issues as well and need assistance, i have done the whole dep thing and added all the .exe files to exception list on my bitdefender firewall. is there anything else i can do? i have dsl with netgear 755 router and the security settings are @ their lowest on there.

• 10 months later...

Hi guys,

After I did an update with my game client, and thanks to Cyane for the patience in helping me get in the game, now I am faced with this.

Capture_1.png

After arriving at the Character selection screen and after selecting my character, there you go.

Any thoughts on this? I've already done all the possible things, (turning off antivirus, turning off firewall, restarting router, restarting computer, adding exe files to DEP),

T_T I haven't even started even one play session :(

Hi guys,

After I did an update with my game client, and thanks to Cyane for the patience in helping me get in the game, now I am faced with this.

Capture_1.png

After arriving at the Character selection screen and after selecting my character, there you go.

Any thoughts on this? I've already done all the possible things, (turning off antivirus, turning off firewall, restarting router, restarting computer, adding exe files to DEP),

T_T I haven't even started even one play session :(

Try reinstalling and then running as admin lol

• 1 month later...

Error code 5 should be something about your antivirus/firewall blocking the game from the old sega forums, try to disable them for a test try, if the game works add it to the exceptions of the said firewall and antivirus and run the game as admin.

Other option would be to delete the gameguard folder and re-add it when you start the game, if something goes wrong better to reeinstall the game so keep the installer around. I'm not sure if this method will work properly.

• 7 months later...