Game won't start after updating? Read this

A few of my friends were having problems with the game failing to launch after the latest patch was applied.
Turns out the new PSO exe files were being blocked by Windows. Here's how to fix this problem.

Guide (Windows 7)

-------------------------
1. Click the Start Menu button, click the Control Panel button, then click System
(NOTE: If your Control Panel is set to viewbycategory.PNG You will need to click System and Security, then click System)

2. Click Advanced System Settings on the left side of the window. If prompted by UAC, run as administrator.

3. Under the Advanced tab, click settings inside the performance box.

4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

(NOTE: You can either turn this off and try to launch the game, or if it won't launch with it disabled; enable it and add the EXE files to the exception list)

5. Click the Add... button and navigate to where you installed Ultima PSO (default location is C:\Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst)

Now add all of the EXE files you see to the list. When finished, click Apply then click OK.

5b. You may need to restart your computer for the settings to apply.

6. Launch the game!

Edited by Magicast
  • Like 4

Try restarting router/ modem. What I have noticed before is my router blocked psoso I was unable to connect. Restarting it should clear it.

i try it, and still no work...

all my game works, only pso cant connect ...

i think is my router, but idk why ....

ok, i think no one can help me this time ....

i installed again a game with last patch and still no work . i reset again my box .. i disable my antivirus .... and all my online game work, only pso say "903" xD

Maybe its time for me to retire.

Send me message when a good installer for ALL computer is ready.

See you,

Bye

Edited by Vazerty

Hey thanks man! Tried everything to get my PSO to work before I finally found this thread and it worked like a charm.

However, I do have to add to make sure to restart your computer when you do this, because I believe it won't apply unless you do.

ok, i think no one can help me this time ....

i installed again a game with last patch and still no work . i reset again my box .. i disable my antivirus .... and all my online game work, only pso say "903" xD

Maybe its time for me to retire.

Send me message when a good installer for ALL computer is ready.

See you,

Bye

Only other method I can suggest to you is an IP address change. There are different methods to do this but the easiest one is to leave your router disconnected overnight. Here is a guide a found while searching on google....

"Before trying any other methods to change your IP address, try turning off (or unplugging the power of) your Cable/DSL modem for five minutes. In many cases this will change your IP address. However, if that does not change your IP address, repeat the process for 8 hours (overnight works well) instead of 5 minutes. Hopefully this will result in an IP change.

If that does not work try these

1.Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

2.Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).

3.Type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).

Windows (second option)

- Computer connected directly to the modem

1.Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

2.Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).

3.Shut down computer.

4.Turn off computer.

5.Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.

6.Turn off cable/DSL modem.

7.Leave off overnight.

8.Turn everything back on.

Network with Router

1.Log into the router's admin console. Often (192.168.1.1)

2.Release the IP address. (Method varies by router manufacturer)

3.Turn off router, ethernet hubs/switches, and the cable/DSL modem.

4.Leave off overnight.

5.Turn everything back on.

If you are using a cable/DSL modem and a router, you may wish to connect your computer directly to the cable/DSL modem. Please note that this could significantly impact your system security. This allows your ISP's DHCP to issue you a new (hopefully changed) IP address based of the (hardware) MAC address of your computer's ethernet card.

If all the above has not worked to change your IP address and you have a router, check and see if there is a "Clone MAC Address" option. Using it should change your IP address; however, you'll only be able to do it once (in most cases).

These will not work in all cases. If all else fails contact your internet service provider (ISP) and ask them if they are able to change your IP address or how long your connection needs to be off for your IP address to change.

If you trying to change your IP address because you are just trying to access web based forums you may wish to attempt to configure your internet browser to use a proxy server."

Edited by xceptional80

Vazerty , I have check your IP range in our side, and we are not bloking your IP range, I can help more easy is you let me remote access your computer so I can check your network settings. if that's not a problem for you.