ULTIMA needs a price guide

UPDATE:

Since no one has stepped up to volunteer I dub everyone lazy, and as a result of your laziness I'm going to be lazy myself and do nothing. If I make one, I'll post it, but don't get your hopes up, especially when you shot down mine.

:onion118:

Prior Messages:

Hey everyone, Rin here,

UPDATE:

It has come to my attention that ULTIMA has a price guide, but it has room for improvement.

Here the link, provided by Chuk: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/5473-ultima-pds-price-list/

My new suggestion is that we get this list finished and finalized, it's a good list but in my opinion isn't completed.

Lets take the effort that Shade, Die, and Chuk put into the list and add our own to make Ultima's priceguide V2.

- We need to add armour, units, mag cells, special items (like item modifiers such as syncs and magic rocks), materials, and anything else that comes to mind.

- We also need to decide on factors that increase the items value are relevant to each item. (example: hit%'s / max stat armour & shields / ect )

So lets do this guys ;)

-Rin

UPDATE:

I would like to compile a small team of people to help me work out the list, because if one person (myself included) makes the list it'll be seemingly biased, but if we find some people that know their stuff about item prices, have the community poll on who they want to do the list, then i see no objections.

My idea for making the server's list would be to take recommendations from the players of ULTIMA to make this list themselves. So anyone who would want to be a member can just ask to do so on this forum, in about a week (6/20/13) I'll hold a deciding poll, and the top 3 people will decide the prices on the official ULTIMA price guide.

Everyone put your name on a ballad if you wish, the vote starts in exactly a week and I'll keep the names of the players compiled in a list on the front page. Please only help with this guide if you're serious as this is a pricing guide that I would like to be relevant to everyone on ULTIMA.

ULTIMA price guide contributer list.

It has come to my attention that the trading on here needs to be improved. Everyone blindly buys and sells items without knowing their true value, and the people that do know their value can bend the price of items to their own will.

I suggest that collectively we come together as a community and make a price guide for our items that everyone can follow. I need honest and unbiased opinions please from everyone as this is not an easy task.

Example of a good list of relevant trade items:

https://sites.google.com/site/psowiki/home/price-guide

I'm not saying that we completely copy this format, but it is a simple and easy to use layout that language barriers wouldn't be an issue so everyone could use it.

Anyways, this is just my suggestion as an everyday player on ULTIMA.

Thanks for the read,

-Rin

Edited by RinRin

Great idea. Would go along way, I haven't been on the server that long so for people that are newer it would be very beneficial I'd say.

Great Suggestion! However, Due to the fluctuating drop rates the occasional seasonal rare drops and its items during events this would be somewhat flawed because prices can changed drastically due to supply and demand very simple economics while having a basic guide for certain all year drops seems very efficient one must take into consideration the fact that prices are always constantly changing because of the simple mere fact of hunting for items. Its a good idea but simply asking street value from multiple people usually delivers the going street value that people are even willing to trade with period.

This is awesome!

However...

It could be upgraded to say if the value changes with hit %, max stats, ect. But Totally missed that topic as i searched.

Also it's missing items such as armour/units/magcells/misc items.

This is awesome!

However...

It could be upgraded to say if the value changes with hit %, max stats, ect. But Totally missed that topic as i searched.

Also it's missing items such as armour/units/magcells/misc items.

We never got to finish it and some prices might be outdated. Another thing that can help you in making such a list is the donation list. And this isn't bad either if you want a full list of all official items (ultima only items are not listed on it).

http://www.pioneer2.net/bb_items.txt

We never got to finish it and some prices might be outdated. Another thing that can help you in making such a list is the donation list. And this isn't bad either if you want a full list of all official items (ultima only items are not listed on it).

http://www.pioneer2.net/bb_items.txt

IMO the ULTIMA donations list needs a revamp as well, the only relevant items on there are items that are super hard to obtain. I'm almost 100% sure no one has donated for a varisita or a booma arm lol.

I'll have to compile a small team of people to help me work out the list, because if one person (myself included) makes the list it'll be seemingly biased, but if we find some people that know their stuff about item prices, have the community poll on who they want to do the list, then i see no objections.

My idea for making the server's list would be to take recommendations from the players of ULTIMA to make this list themselves. So anyone who would want to be a member can just ask to do so on this forum, in about a week (6/20/13) I'll hold a deciding poll, and the top 3 people will decide the prices on the official ULTIMA price guide.

Edited by RinRin