Game not starting.

Hey I've been playing a while, just got back into it recently because my ex wanted me to play with him. About a week ago I started having an issue with the game not starting, I've tried to take a picture but after I click start game it pretty much disappears immediately so it's kind of difficult to capture. I took a picture of my computer with the launcher open but after that is the issue. I've been playing for at least a month with no issues and everything I've tried has not worked. The sticky about common issues told me to check the source folder but I always use a shortcut made from the folder for the game myself so I know it's right. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated very much.

Might be the resolution, in one of the options of the game you can change it, try every resolution and it might just easily fix it.

I actually tried that because I read another post where someone was having that same issue. And I haven't changed the resolution at all from when I first started playing, so not sure why it would have an issue randomly. I will try one more time just to make sure since you mentioned it though. Thanks for trying to help, will let you know what happens.

Update: The problem is still here, I'm not sure what else to do. Changing the resolution did nothing, and the CPU only jumps up to about 20 % so that's not the issue. Any help would be appreciated I miss being able to play, my friends are bugging me about it too. :P

Hmm it's very strange it suddenly stopped working, do you remember anything you changed right before the problem started to occur? So what were you able to capture anyway? Any error code or message that might lead us to the cause?

There is no error code or message, at all. I captured my desktop with PSO not open after having captured the launcher open. I haven't changed anything, just one day randomly stopped working. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it which does absolutely nothing to change anything.

Edited by sk1tt135
  • 1 month later...

i had a problem similar to this try these steps they may help.

i would try Re-installing it if these steps don't work below

first i would try doing what chuk said with the resolution set it to like 1280 x 720 and make sure the window mode is checked on

and make sure it is on widescreen or you can try normal aswell. then save and then try to start it.

if that does not work it may be your Registry file i can send you a file that can fix that all you have to do is Run it.

Edited by OMEGA9988