PSOBB is a Xbox port?

I was reading an overview of PSOBB on PSO-World and it says PSOBB is a Xbox port plus a few improvements. If it's a Xbox port why doesn't it support the Voice Chat feature on Blue Burst?

Originaly PSO BB only had ep1&2 and was indeed a port, music quality and textures from pso xbox were used in PSO BB

If you check the char creation text textures you will see that it has a voice thingy but it's never used in PSO BB.

Altough i'ts cool, sega had several problems with it, censuring words was easy, but how do you censure a voice insult? not only this but ppl would distort the voice in the char creation to make it sound girlish or just utterly pathetic.

On top of this the voice wastes internet band (not sure if i'm saying it right) and with PSO BB they decided to cut it out, they erased the censuring problem and made the game use resources that are actually needed, using voice chat is a waste.

Solution, get skype or something similar to comunicate.

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K

Well I played the Xbox version online and loved the fact you had voice chat. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah it was cool to be able to change your voice. Yeah you would run into people who made their voice sound like a kid or girl and they really wasn't. I wasn't playing to pick up anybody for dating so I didn't care what they sounded like. I guess they did start having some kind of problem after I stopped playing but while I was playing the voice chat feature worked fine. I remember them censoring the text but theres really no way to censoring voice chat. I know on TV they put live shows on 7 second delays so someone could censor out the bad language. Believe if TV could've setup a program to omit bad language we'd have it in videogames by now.

I'm a firm believer that if you don't like something you can always turn the channel or turn the game or TV off. Every developer could have put a rating on the online chat feature or some kind of disclaimer to let parents and/or kids know they have a chance of hearing foul language during online play.

The other cool feature liked about the voice chat was if you were in the lobby voices were context sensitive. So if you had 20 players in the lobby you wouldn't hear everyone you would actually have to get close enough to hear them.

I was just wondering because I knew I read it somewhere Blue Burst was a Xbox port and I remember the Xbox version was the first to have the voice chat feature. After years of playing on the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions having to stop and try and type out everything. The Xbox version was heaven outside of the $9 dollar a month Hunter's license. As soon as I heard Sega was having issues with hacking I was done. I guess with Blue Burst they figured out a way to keep the hacking down by saving everything server side. They should have made PSU like Left 4 Dead and made it online only. That Ethan Waber offine crap sucks.

• 11 months later...

well in the past i set up a TeamSpeak Server, almost no one use it, but i will try to put it up again.

is not hard to set it up, the problem is the badnwith, so i have to look for a good connection, cuz i wont use the same as we use for the server. for obvious reasons.

Edited by Larva

i didn't think voip would take alot of bandwith, but then again i wouldnt know lol

isnt there a way you could route the game through skype? (this is why i would love to learn some programming, cause i could answer my own questions xD)

i didn't think voip would take alot of bandwith, but then again i wouldnt know lol

isnt there a way you could route the game through skype? (this is why i would love to learn some programming, cause i could answer my own questions xD)

naaah,, but teamspeak is better then skype for this kind of games, just join a room and start talking but like i said need to figure where to host it.

• 2 weeks later...