WOO MORE WEAPON IDEAS :D

because sometimes a server admin wants to make a new item for an event no one has. To give them something new to hunt for?

yes it is true, if the rebalancing was done from the beginning it would have been better

Now it's a little too late, but there are even some items that very few people have received, like:

Kunai

Kan'ei tsuho

all id card

neils claw (real)

nug2000 bazooka

meteor rouge

samba maracas

le cogneur

butterfly net

bambo spear

valkyrie

galatine

battledore

jitte

akiko's cleaver

dirty life jacket

dress plate

sonic armor

all this weapon can be rebalancing easy without having a real impact on the server (these are generally items that few people have received with 0% (for the most))

I still say that it is not exclusive items we need, but make it more useful the existing weeapon / armor / shield

we have only 3 shield usefull (rr, ftd, 3seals) when we have full rarely shield in pso ? because other rarely shield are completely lowered, maybe a problem is all class can equip RR ? idk

i think about

god shield kouryu

epsyguard

works guard

angel ring

genpei

rico's earring

rico's glasses

rupika

s-parts 2.01

safety hearts

how do you make new weapons useful when you have OP df and dm?

creating new weapons as powerful? making the game much easier? I think that this is the right solution at least to increase the difficulty , and make existing weapons totaly useless

For example we could make it much more useful having one complete equipment

i think about all armor/shield/weapon combination with same name, or same skin

like;

sweartheart / safety hearts

d-parts / s-parts

chuchu fever / chu chu mag

kusanagi / units / yata mirror

crimson coat / red weapon

stink armor / shield

db armor / shield

yasmin / gratia

chaos mag / striker of chaos

and full other combination, yea pso have full combination and we do not use them at fair value

if you increase the boost when it was all the equipment, then we would see perhaps less the same equipment on all character

Now if you like it to see everyone with

Weeding dress

Kroes sweater

Lieutenant mantle

DM

DF

PW

RR

3seals

FTD

then I would have wasted my time trying to convince you

frankly even if I have 5 grams of alcohol (and 5g weed xD ) in the blood, I can finish most quests solo, because the DM / DF us make hunting super easy. if you want you do not even change weapon and can be reached easily, where is skill with that ?

Sometime you lose time when you change weapon and use demon with monsters have high HP, really no sense

Edited by Vazerty

I do agree that there now some shields and armors are useless, but they are not completely useless, Gratia is a nice shield, good resistence and good dfp evp, yeah it doesn't have the boost of red ring, but come on no one hunts them now, but the problem is that Red Ring is common, FTD can't compete with Red Ring, Three seals can, FTD gives nice resistences too, but the confuse is a drawback of the shield, i mean you have to sacrifice 1 slot if playing as Casts for cure/confuse, i mean eventually you'll ran out of sol atomizers and casts can't cast anti while red ring has some decent res in efr, eic, and eth, also +20 to all stats, s parts are good shields and ranger walls too, since s parts have +15 ATA and Ranger wall +20 also is a decent shield, but the problem is that when a ranger even if not having dm, rr, and wedding dress, they can be great players if know how to, do some cmode, save pds give them specials and eventually will be great players, and i don't think editing existing items will be great idea, unless like you stated before don't have them, i'd like to see Dress Plate like Kroe's Sweater but for males only with that +10 ata, or something special like that, i don't know i agree with you in some points but not in all of them, i've seen people that complains about the dark weapons and please they keep using them, then why use those weapons when you actually thinks that the games gets boring/easy when using them???

Idk why i use dm elric, but i use it less

RR is good shield, even the best, but too good compared to other

the best shield must be rare, it is logical, so why so much difference compared to other shield?

remove the ATA boost the RR would be not a bad idea, it would make the other a little less useless

and after make a genpei with +20ata and other one with +20ata too for ranger and force, idk

RR boost ATA and LCK (and all other lol), and that's the problem

with this shield 'luck materia' is little useless, dont forget that, so, no one hunt luck materia :S

we can do a shield for boost ata, ok, but other one for boost atp/dfp/lck ..... no all boost in 1 shield

you will hate me lol, for giving idea to decrease weapons or shield

but for me this is what most unbalanced this server, so I'm crazy, I give my opinion

RR, DM, and DF is simply OP compared other weapon

Edited by Vazerty

Idk why i use dm elric, but i use it less

RR is good shield, even the best, but too good compared to other

the best shield must be rare, it is logical, so why so much difference compared to other shield?

remove the ATA boost the RR would be not a bad idea, it would make the other a little less useless

and after make a genpei with +20ata and other one with +20ata too for ranger and force, idk

RR boost ATA and LCK (and all other lol), and that's the problem

with this shield 'luck materia' is little useless, dont forget that, so, no one hunt luck materia :S

we can do a shield for boost ata, ok, but other one for boost atp/dfp/lck ..... no all boost in 1 shield

you will hate me lol, for giving idea to decrease weapons or shield

but for me this is what most unbalanced this server, so I'm crazy, I give my opinion

RR, DM, and DF is simply OP compared other weapon

DM and DF are OP, but RR is not an Ultima creation, so i don't think it'll be fair to decrease its stats, i suggest that some shields gets a boost of 10 ata or something like that or good stats/resistence, since RR should not be decreased in stats, and you can always try other shields, not only rr, and about decreasing dm df it has been discussed along with the lk38 problem, there's no turning back in dark weapons, but the lk38 WAS op, rangers actually have always been op, i mean hunters deserve the DF that way, like i said i've seen ramars/ramarls without dm and they totally can take care of anything, here's an example i've seen martin use his ramars without dm, just s ranks and please he kills faster than me even tho my DM is sphered, he totally can take care of everything, also there is Rianov 5 and Iron Faust, even tho Rianov 5's drop is way too hard, i've tried to hunt it and gave up lol, Iron Faust i have one without hit and it works fantastic, racast has the lowest ata among the ranger class but with an iron faust no hit it worked fantastic, i mean it works great with vol opt, de rol le, barba ray, gal gryphon, gol dragon, lol almost all bosses, Rianov 5 penetrates, also has Hell special which is useful, i think Rianov 5's drop should be changed, really i just know a few people who have 1 and a couple donated for a rianov 5, in the ranger class the only ranger that i've seen that actually needs red ring in certain ocassions is racast, yasminkov weapons not always works, while RAmar with a FTD using yasminkov well it works great, barely miss and again why use DM if you are against it xD

Edited by Elric

• 2 weeks later...

How about a really rare unit that does what State Maintenance did back in the day. It sucks to waste an armor slot for one status resistance.

Or a unit that allows 4 hit combos :P

Edited by Kaiyuss

State/Maintenance exists as a totally separate unit on schtserv although no one has it, but most other servers don't have the option of adding new item slots, so I assume ultima replaced an already common cure/poison unit, which means pretty much everyone would already have it, therefore over powered for how easy it was to obtain.

Ultima already had State Maintenance but got rid of it about a week later because Larva, along with certain players *cough* Lacus *cough* found it to be imbalanced.

yeah lol Vypor was bitching for the battle hahahah. and i did really think was a gay unit jajaja..

State/Maintenance exists as a totally separate unit on schtserv although no one has it, but most other servers don't have the option of adding new item slots, so I assume ultima replaced an already common cure/poison unit, which means pretty much everyone would already have it, therefore over powered for how easy it was to obtain.

yea modified the cure/poison.

• Like 1

if everyone had the item already, ie cure/poision, i can see how it would be over powered. But if it was actually a very rare item that was hard to get then yeah that would probably make a difference, but hell we have a trap/search unit now too, as well as 3 more regeneration units improved over the sega ones slightly.

Meh, cure/poison units could be filtered out of the bank/invents of players or even replaced by another unit (cure slow for example) as Choko suggested. I don't think players would even notice that that useless unit is gone/replaced. It just is an annoying query to write since you need to mess with the data blob using the SQL language.