HH (Aka Happy Hours)

Zeph

Basically i just want to enjoy what i once enjoyed again. Out of the changes made the only one i partially agree with is rr drop increased. Because during hh it was pretty much 1/10 drop. I think if u simply made whitill 1/64 like the other rr ids it woulda fixed the problem. 1/32 is ok, but hh was the time to get rrs. It was too easy i agree, but 1/315 is too far. I know that hunting rr regualr at 1/32 with no hh was hard so i know what im talking about. Lets say we try giving back the lost abilities we once had for a month and see the number rise again. Like oh shit u heard ultima got lk 38 combo back :o yea they even gave hh back omg lets check it out. mmmm i enjoy playing this again lets tell our friends ultima has regained its throne. how i know this is true because i dont like ultima without the individuality it once had that made it what it was. i bet shithack has cool additives that makes it cool to lots.of people. So before u bash hh and stuff think about the people who want to play ultima again. its gone downhill since the changes this is fact so reverse and u will get similar results.

I want more noobs to have the same chances we did to get what we have. Now all the new guys have to sit back and know theyll never get where we are without heavy donation. This squeeze isnt the answer. Give the people what they want and they will love you for it. As for hh being a savior hah u said a mouth full. How do u think you came to that conclusion so fast? back when hh was on and u were the bottom player u enjoyed it like the rest of the noobs. When hh came up u was on that shit feasting off the royalties. now these new guys they hear stories of the good past of pso and why we used to love it. But they wont get what we once had they get the down graded ultima. So how do we expect to keep people around with this situation? The proof is in the facts. People aint for this new idea stuff. It should have never been done if they were gonna take it away. These are not small changes. These are some of the biggest reasons why ultima was so successful. If there is any hope left it will be with the hh returned i guaruntee u this no matter how it turns out in the end it is the only way. Yea i said it. If the numbers of players return it will be because hh returned, and the other stuff too. Dont get me started on 1/315 drop rate for red rings. That is probably the biggest bullshit ive seen yet. 1/32 to 1/315? Who the hell wants that? Who is gonna spend 3 months hunting rr? How did it go from a reasonable drop to almost literally impossible? I thought maybe 1/90 or something, but fuck 315 falz? Thats like 100 times harder not just a simple adjustment. You cant argue that or u will just sound stupid.

I was here before HH and sure it helped me to get some items faster, but most of of my items were obtained through regular hunt/trading. You make it seem like HH was the ultimate asset of Ultima, almost the only reason why people would play lol?

As for the RR drop increase it was just a temporary raise to diminish the stash of RRs that was circulating in the economy. Some people had over 10 RRs. The RR drop has been restored now, or at least it should be to re-balance its price/occurrence.

And like I said, you can't do right for everyone. Let the new players enjoy the game and all its aspects. What's wrong with killing mobs with a varista until you find something better? Do players really need to get the best items/weapons asap? And don't get me wrong, I'm not against HH at all, but a more random approach like Vazerty said seems a more fair choice than fixed weekly hours. I just don't like the complaints about "HH was the best thing ever!" and "Old players gained everything so much easier".

Anyways, I'm certainly not the one who decides whether or not HH comes back and how so it's just waiting what the majority thinks about it( and even more important, Larva himself).

• Like 1

the economy was destroyed last year because there were too many HH, it will certainly take more time than you think to restore some order in prices, just be patient for that. (If you return the HH with hours / days specified, then believe me, the photons drop will be worth gold here... cool ??? )

I was talking about back 2 HH per weeks at hours although different (day and night, even if there are only 3 players online) , to motivate people to connect

Now if you give precise day for HH it is useless (thank you bun, but im not agree with that), and it does not reward players which are present every day.

And we need some mini event too, just for fun !!! (i was talking about mini event for all level, noob can win too)

Edited by Vazerty

I never said hh was the only thing that made ultima the shit. It was one of the factors. Only the top heads of pso want no hh so they can remain at the top. im a top head (not tooting my own horn or nothin) and i dont care if noobs get where i am. i want them to be happy like i am. i got mostly everything i want. but hh helped, lk38 combo helped, rr drop rates helped, and 3x exp helped. These actually were the biggest facors to the top heads successes. If u dont agree youz a lier!!! i remember specifically most players who were on with me at our prime and seeing the benifits of these privileges being milked like a bish. And at the end of the day there is only one right way and one wrong way of going about this. Now which way it is up to the majority decision. Not everyone will be happy with either decision. But in a government u want to keep the majority happy believe me it gets ugly when u dont just saying :P

Also if not hh 2 times a week do it once a week dont just take it completly away. and even if the economy is messed up on one fuckin item (red ring) why destroy a bunch of shit for one item? and yes dude it is just the rr. i never got a bunch of weddings or demo forks or any other great item but rr. why because of the 1/10 drop rate during hh. like everybody else.

Edited by Pin

well all i read its just complain with hh or not hh its the same thing if you want to hunt somthing go go and hunt for it,

when i started i tried to hunt a HP and you know it took me like 2 months all these new people want drops easy......when i started here theres no hh sometimes drops x2 but rarely so well thats my opinion

its a game doesnt matter the drop just enjoy hunting em and dont use as escuse the drop rate make people quit when any other pso servers drops are low, like i said if you have time to hunt something thats the point of it, you value more the item youre hunting...........its kind useles cry about drop rate, if the item drops you can get it, thats all.

about the hh well maybe 1 per week but not 3 hours, less thats too much time i know its good to get help while hunting for somthing but well x3 drop thats a bit much it take the fun of hunting (thats really makes people quit em get everything what they want that easy and then quit i meet some new users and at the first month playing here il see em with dm df or anything like that and then quit...) i know some of them are donators or maybe em get em by trade so that means either trades are dead, either drop rate its low its normal drop rate and well personally like it like it its, its cool to hunt lame at midnight when im free or something to add my shop.

Edited by Biza
  • Like 1

im not saying nubs dont want things fast. everyone wants some cool shit fast. but who wants to sit around 2 months hunting a fuckin lame come on thats stupid. the name of the game is the hunts i agree. but what about the many people who have actual lives and want to play here n there. well u chased off that small portion of players. what about someone who want a sjs that 1/21000+? never gonna get it and i mean NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!! so well u chased them off aswell. now that 70% of the servers population is gone i dont think its wise to keep this ship on the same course of action. this road is a problem because too many people agree with me. so for the few that have it all and take offense to this oh well watch ultima burn or get with the fuckin program dude smh... im not putting myself in the line of fire for myself alone. i do this because i care all around the chess board. its either u want the numbers to grow or u dont thats what were discussing here really. if it was all good the numbers would be higher and the moral would be aswell u cant deny there must be a change for changes to happen. if these changes that were made were good ones then why are the numbers down fool?

Ps dont say nothin about no pso2 thats really not the factor its the fun of this game that matters in order to keep players playing. shoot i still play resident evil 4 even though 6 is almost out :P

Edited by Pin

Wow, it took u people this long to muster up a smart guy other than me to fucking say this? I made a post like a long time ago saying whats going on with the server no lk 38 combo? rr impossible to get? no hh? lowering exp after 159? im surprised they couldnt think of another gunshot to the players to commit server suicide. I told yall this would happen and all u punks said was shut up Pin you dont know what your talking about Shut up Pin stop complaining. Well tell me this when the fuck do you start to complain? I myself stopped playing because of these new changes and most of my friends too. Personally if the business im donating to says fuck me why would i donate to keep it going? Give us back what made us play Ultima in the 1st place. And duh it is the case that certain people will try to suggest changes to Larva just for their own interest of staying on top because people are that messed up in this world. You must have discernment Larva!!! Weed out the b.s and look at the facts here.

No, I was against removing HH and the exp from the beginning, and I know many others were. It's more like the government needs to listen to it's people more than a business screwing over it's clients. Once Larva opened up the server to the public there was another voice in the circle; the people's. If there weren't people there wouldn't be a community which is why I have not left yet. You're right though that this was inevitable. We did complain about HH and exp leaving but I don't really think we were heard. But now, it is much easier to get the heads to listen to us now that we have proof that the server's economy and community suffered a good blow. I mean just look at it.

Some ppl still can't see the reality. Chuk you don't even play,and it did affect the economy, BADLY! The trades are dead, COMPLETELY DEAD! I'm here every day and I can see how bad it is.

This is very true Chuk. The prices may be the same but the trades are very dead.

well all i read its just complain with hh or not hh its the same thing if you want to hunt somthing go go and hunt for it,

when i started i tried to hunt a HP and you know it took me like 2 months all these new people want drops easy......when i started here theres no hh sometimes drops x2 but rarely so well thats my opinion

its a game doesnt matter the drop just enjoy hunting em and dont use as escuse the drop rate make people quit when any other pso servers drops are low, like i said if you have time to hunt something thats the point of it, you value more the item youre hunting...........its kind useles cry about drop rate, if the item drops you can get it, thats all.

about the hh well maybe 1 per week but not 3 hours, less thats too much time i know its good to get help while hunting for somthing but well x3 drop thats a bit much it take the fun of hunting (thats really makes people quit em get everything what they want that easy and then quit i meet some new users and at the first month playing here il see em with dm df or anything like that and then quit...) i know some of them are donators or maybe em get em by trade so that means either trades are dead, either drop rate its low its normal drop rate and well personally like it like it its, its cool to hunt lame at midnight when im free or something to add my shop.

Biza, we're not talking about easy drops here for the sake of easy drops. We're talking about an event that used to bring people to the server. Obviously it wasn't JUST because of HH. PSO IS a good game, and Ultima IS a good server. That's just a fact, but HH made the trade lists flourish, kept the moral high with anticipation. Hell I used to just SIT in lobby DURING HH because so many people were on and I'd want to partake in the flourishing community. HH isn't about the items yall. It's about the people!

Edited by Zeph

Zeph, there's no need to triple or even double post. Just organize your post so people can tell who you're responding to. You can always edit your post if you see something after you posted, and your post is still the newest one.

Oh, and I don't play on or make decisions for this server, so that's why I'm not involved in the discussion.

Edited by Choko

Zeph, there's no need to triple or even double post. Just organize your post so people can tell who you're responding to. You can always edit your post if you see something after you posted, and your post is still the newest one.

Oh, and I don't play on or make decisions for this server, so that's why I'm not involved in the discussion.

I apologize Choko, please remove the last two.

Biza, we're not talking about easy drops here for the sake of easy drops. We're talking about an event that used to bring people to the server. Obviously it wasn't JUST because of HH. PSO IS a good game, and Ultima IS a good server. That's just a fact, but HH made the trade lists flourish, kept the moral high with anticipation. Hell I used to just SIT in lobby DURING HH because so many people were on and I'd want to partake in the flourishing community. HH isn't about the items yall. It's about the people!

HH as a social event is a good thing but what about the players that can never connect during those hours? (which is why the random hours might make it more fair) And about the tradelists eating dust, isn't it because of the split in the tradecenter section? I see quite some B/S> topics with responses and trades.

HH as a social event is a good thing but what about the players that can never connect during those hours? (which is why the random hours might make it more fair) And about the trade lists eating dust, isn't it because of the split in the trade center section? I see quite some B/S> topics with responses and trades.

This is why I suggested a movement of HH time once in a while for those players that can't. A schedule if you will of pssibly Morning HH's, Midday HH's, Afternoon HH's, evening HH's, and even Night HH's. Of course this is just an idea. Sculpt it as you like.

And your right chuk, there is a fair amount of Buying and Selling, but from the looks of it it seems to be only top notch stuff which the newer and players with less time to spend in game cannot afford.

I have read every post from this topic. yeah even the ones from Pin LOL .. I know the server is very low in population and donations right now. And i feel this is my fault, because i been absent very absent this weeks, and is not the first time that we are in this situation, when im get absent always happens this. A true fact is that other aspects and decitions helped to be down the hill. For example , GM's we only have one GM right now because they quit , they dont handle the presure. we need to improve thing like de DAM Rollbacks a better fast response to the player. i will try to be more active but my daily life dont help me much on this. well now to the topic right.

about HH i think we did what it was needed to be done in the time. And now we are on diferent time so we have to do something now. HH will be back . I think two time a week will be good BUT with diferent schedule (speaking srever time) one day will be in the morning this will help thouse who plays with a really different server time. and the other day will be as it was before around 3pm. i will make a compleate topic about it with the schedule.

about the LK. dont even want to get back to this. to many prons and cons and we will never get a majority opinion.

about the exp x3 this is a open topic but not for now. Lets see what happen in the server after activing HH.

• Like 4

I have read every post from this topic. yeah even the ones from Pin LOL .. I know the server is very low in population and donations right now. And i feel this is my fault, because i been absent very absent this weeks, and is not the first time that we are in this situation, when im get absent always happens this. A true fact is that other aspects and decitions helped to be down the hill. For example , GM's we only have one GM right now because they quit , they dont handle the presure. we need to improve thing like de DAM Rollbacks a better fast response to the player. i will try to be more active but my daily life dont help me much on this. well now to the topic right.

about HH i think we did what it was needed to be done in the time. And now we are on diferent time so we have to do something now. HH will be back . I think two time a week will be good BUT with diferent schedule (speaking srever time) one day will be in the morning this will help thouse who plays with a really different server time. and the other day will be as it was before around 3pm. i will make a compleate topic about it with the schedule.

about the LK. dont even want to get back to this. to many prons and cons and we will never get a majority opinion.

about the exp x3 this is a open topic but not for now. Lets see what happen in the server after activing HH.

Alright, that's fine by me on the HH aspect. I'm not too picky about when it is, only that it is implemented on a regular basis once again. I'd love to just the server flourish once more.

The LK38 will never be settled. LOL

I appreciate it Larva, and I'd like to think that I speak for many others as well.

Edited by Zeph

Chuk the trades have decreased a lot, its not the same. I don't even get hits on my tradelist anymore and I got some good stuff for trade. I think its a great idea to bring back HH, and have it at different times for different time zones.

If you guys do the prestige thing, I think exp should go back to x3.

• Like 1