HH (Aka Happy Hours)

Zeph

My vote is for Happy Hours back, but i'd say that just once a week, just like niyuki said, and i agree with Vazerty, i don't think that those 10-15 players that plays around the same time that Vazerty does thinks this is fair, i think it is a good idea, and it should be once a week in sunday o saturday don't know, a weekend i'd say.

It's been said that HH were removed to restore the economy of the game, which in my opinion sounded like a good idea, however, it ended up having the opposite effect damaging not just the economy of the game but also the economy of the server itself and pushing away users that used to play on a daily basis.

I don't see the harm in some players logging in just for the happy hours, in fact I'd rather see the ship full on those 2 days than see the server dead all the time.

Needless to say that many of the players used to log in to hunt items and do enough runs to get a certain item to drop during happy hours.

So my vote goes to happy hours being restored back to twice a week and the experience system back to xp3 like it used to be.

Hopefully we might see some changes.

• Like 1

Wow, it took u people this long to muster up a smart guy other than me to fucking say this? I made a post like a long time ago saying whats going on with the server no lk 38 combo? rr impossible to get? no hh? lowering exp after 159? im surprised they couldnt think of another gunshot to the players to commit server suicide. I told yall this would happen and all u punks said was shut up Pin you dont know what your talking about Shut up Pin stop complaining. Well tell me this when the fuck do you start to complain? I myself stopped playing because of these new changes and most of my friends too. Personally if the business im donating to says fuck me why would i donate to keep it going? Give us back what made us play Ultima in the 1st place. And duh it is the case that certain people will try to suggest changes to Larva just for their own interest of staying on top because people are that messed up in this world. You must have discearnment Larva!!! Weed out the b.s and look at the facts here.

Edited by Pin
  • Like 1

Wow, it took u people this long to muster up a smart guy other than me to fucking say this? I made a post like a long time ago saying whats going on with the server no lk 38 combo? rr impossible to get? no hh? lowering exp after 159? im surprised they couldnt think of another gunshot to the players to commit server suicide. I told yall this would happen and all u punks said was shut up Pin you dont know what your talking about Shut up Pin stop complaining. Well tell me this when the fuck do you start to complain? I myself stopped playing because of these new changes and most of my friends too. Personally if the business im donating to says fuck me why would i donate to keep it going? Give us back what made us play Ultima in the 1st place. And duh it is the case that certain people will try to suggest changes to Larva just for their own interest of staying on top because people are that messed up in this world. You must have discearnment Larva!!! Weed out the b.s and look at the facts here.

So true bro. That's what's making me rage, the fact that the people who suggested HH should be removed did it for their own benefit and now don't even play anymore.

And no, HH once a week it's not a good idea. HH back to what it used to be Tuesdays and Sundays would be the best.

So true bro. That's what's making me rage, the fact that the people who suggested HH should be removed did it for their own benefit and now don't even play anymore.

And no, HH once a week it's not a good idea. HH back to what it used to be Tuesdays and Sundays would be the best.

buenas fajitas

• Like 1

NO PIN QQ I NEVER SAID THAT I ALWAYS SAID YOU WERE RIGHT QQ PIN QQ!!!!

Thank You Bun xD one of the last people i really got to know that still plays. The only way anyone can see how big of an issue this is are the ones who lived and breathed pso ultima at some point. I loved this server and it was my passion. Some people just play here n there. I used to play from sun up to sundown with bags under my eyes lol. I know what im talking about. damn i shoulda tried to be a gm smh....

• Like 1

not really,

HH did not effect the economy all tat much. More PDs would be farmed while hunting longer for items, and items would supposedly all have the same % price increase in PDs. Even that wasn't the case. for example : V101 costed 20PDs when HH was still on. How much does a V101 cost now? Right still 20PDs. HH 'd just be a good motivation to hunt very rare items. Name me any item that had a huge pricechange since the HH stopped. (Not RR since that drop has been altered apart from HH an L&K38 because of the uncombo).

As for exp, it really isn't that bad to lower the rate a small fraction past lvl 165 since people will enjoy playing their high level char more. When you hit that famous lvl 200, gaining EXP is futile. To me it took out a big load of fun to play without gaining exp. Sure you can brag a bit and lobbywhore with your level 200 char but playing with a lvl 199 character has way more meaning because you can still progress while having near to no different play-style than on a lvl 200. This also partially inspired prestige.

Just think of it this way, it's more rewarding hitting the 200 with less exp bonus. And if you really just care about hitting the 200 for whatever reason, nothing prevents you from spamming RT but it's kinda pointless imo.

So for HH, yeah it could be turned on a bit more often but it really doesn't matter all that much for the economy. It's just better for every player that really wants that one rare they dream about. Good stimulation and perhaps some time benefit. PSO is a game you nee to enjoy slowly, it's not like an arcade game you want to reach the top asap an move on.

Edited by serverus
  • Like 1

Well ive been discussing this with my brother. (even though hes like oh no pso ultima talk again i thought u quit smh). I gave him an example of what i mean i killed a spider and said u see that thats what they did to ultima. that spider was lively and good looking now he looks like a smear with 2 legs sticking out. Then i went on to say if u played lets say. f-zero for a couple years and u like everything about it and thats why u loved and stuck by it playing it all the time. your like i love this game its a classic. Then nintendo says hmmm u know what where gonna not let u play this race cup anymore. where taking away your booster ability were not gonna let u race with this character anymore where changing captain falco to eltoro the beef man taco breeder. now what, youd be pissed and stop playing? no shit sherlock :P

Edited by Pin
  • Like 1

Some ppl still can't see the reality. Chuk you don't even play,and it did affect the economy, BADLY! The trades are dead, COMPLETELY DEAD! I'm here every day and I can see how bad it is.

Just take a look at the trade center. Doesn't look dead to me. And I do play from time to time and people still ask me prices which are spot on. Can't do right for everyone, and I don't expect many people to agree with me. Also the community is a bit smaller now with PSO2 and all. Now give me examples of the items and don't go use HH as the holy savior of the server.

• Like 1

Give me a break Chuk, not everyone is on PSO2, the trades ARE dead and we all know it. What's the point in donating when what really attracted us to the server isn't there anymore? At least I CARE, I don't really give a damn about what you have to say seen as though what you said is completely untrue. We're talking about making the server better, not killing it. Noobs don't stand a chance to get anything good, apart from the odd quitter giving out stuff.

I want more noobs to have the same chances we did to get what we have. Now all the new guys have to sit back and know theyll never get where we are without heavy donation. This squeeze isnt the answer. Give the people what they want and they will love you for it. As for hh being a savior hah u said a mouth full. How do u think you came to that conclusion so fast? back when hh was on and u were the bottom player u enjoyed it like the rest of the noobs. When hh came up u was on that shit feasting off the royalties. now these new guys they hear stories of the good past of pso and why we used to love it. But they wont get what we once had they get the down graded ultima. So how do we expect to keep people around with this situation? The proof is in the facts. People aint for this new idea stuff. It should have never been done if they were gonna take it away. These are not small changes. These are some of the biggest reasons why ultima was so successful. If there is any hope left it will be with the hh returned i guaruntee u this no matter how it turns out in the end it is the only way. Yea i said it. If the numbers of players return it will be because hh returned, and the other stuff too. Dont get me started on 1/315 drop rate for red rings. That is probably the biggest bullshit ive seen yet. 1/32 to 1/315? Who the hell wants that? Who is gonna spend 3 months hunting rr? How did it go from a reasonable drop to almost literally impossible? I thought maybe 1/90 or something, but fuck 315 falz? Thats like 100 times harder not just a simple adjustment. You cant argue that or u will just sound stupid.

Edited by Pin

No HH!!! Thats my opinion.

(Just once a month) But I did see a lot more players online during the constant happy hours.

Edited by Element