HH (Aka Happy Hours)

Zeph

Well I know this is going to be a very a debated topic and that I'll probably get flamed by a few players for this, but this need to be said regardless as agreed with a few other players players.

First of all let's just explain what HH for all the new people in case you don't know. HH is an event that the majority of the population of Ultima look forward towards. HH is an event where all Rare drops are multiplied times 3. HH would come on once or twice a week for a few hours at a time. This would enable players to hunt various Rares to their discretion with an increased chance to find said these Rares. Which is good for some of the more difficult to find drops. SJS for example is normally a drop of 1/21276 from Gi Gue, but with HH in effect it is reduced to a drop rate of 1/7092. Still pretty low on the chance of finding one, but none the less much more easily obtained. Now with that said I'd like to discuss reasons why I would like to see HH back into effect.

My first reason is, who doesn't like increased drop rates except for those that have already put their time into hunting the more elusive Rares before HH was implemented (Which seemed to make up the majority of the people that didn't like HH) Once Happy Hours were on a regular weekly schedule people knew when to expect them, and the server was brimming with players during these few hours. Even after wards players were still on so all the trading could occur. I often saw a second ship appear during these hours. Sixty players easy during Happy Hours. My reason for stating this is because even though I have just come back recently I've noticed that the number of players is significantly less and also many of the regulars are gone (Many good friends). I'm not saying that this is going to bring older players back with certainty, but I do say that this will at least give another reason for players to come back and newer players to stick with the game longer. I know that many of the players moved to PSO2, but that just gives even more reason to bring back HH on a regular basis since PSOBB must compete with it's predecessor.

My second reason is the thriving economy that Happy Hours created when it was around on a common basis. I was not on this server too long before happy hours were implemented, but I was here long enough to see the large boost to the replies in trade lists when it first came into effect. I eventually created my own and had plenty of responses on a weekly basis. Instead of actually having to hunt down Rares that I certainly didn't have the ID for I could center a lot of my attention and limited game play time I had available into HH and trade amongst the other players. I bring this up now because since I have come back I have not seen a thriving Trade List section. I have a modest Trade List, but there are still some very good items in there. However, I have not had a response in the last few weeks now that I have been back. Nor has my Trade List needed a bump ever since I've been back which is very unusual since it used to be so common place. I would log into the forums and noticed that I've been bumped back a page in one day due to all the trades occurring and have to bump with an Update.

I'm not sure why HH isn't on a regular basis anymore other than the fact that many players had stashes of certain items, but if that's the case I don't see a problem with it other than lowering the prices of several items. Having a large availability is not a bad thing. If it IS actually because of the availability being so high and players being able to get exactly what they want and thus not donating as often then let me say the following. In my view happy players create more donations, unhappy players create a lower moral and less reason to stay on Ultima thus lowering donations. I would assume this is a possible reason why the server was or is running on zeros lately.

HH makes a up a larger portion for the decline, but I have to say that when the experience boost was cut from level 160-199 this was just a slap in the face to go along with the loss of the beloved event. Many of the players would appreciate Ultima to return to normal times 3 experience.

I love PSO. I love Ultima even more, and so do many others. I wish to see it thrive once more. Many of us would love if this could be put to a vote. I just speak for a portion of players that love Ultima. Please take this into GREAT consideration. Those of you that agree please share your thoughts. I also urge players to speak their opposing view as well if there are any. There are always two sides to the same coin.

Sincerely,

A dedicated Ultima fan

Edited by Zeph
  • Like 3

i think they should do happy hours on occasion....some drops are just really hard to get during normal drop rates

Well it's not so much that I want easy items back. Its more that I want the thriving community back more than anything. People come and go so much and many dedicated players left for pso2 since HH and Exp dropped after 159 so we need HH more than ever to keep Ultima Strong. Ultima is strong still, but it's community doesn't flourish nearly as much as it used to.

Edited by Zeph

i vote HH back. and LK38 combat combo unlock back :onion119: im sure these idea will bring more motivation and draw more player back to the server.

To whom it may concern

Edited by fatboy

i vote HH back. and LK38 combat combo unlock back :onion119: im sure these idea will bring more motivation and draw more player back to the server.

To whom it may concern

Well, LK38 WAS kind of over powered. I still think we should be able to unlock it during prestige or something. But that's another topic for another time.

Edited by Zeph

I really don't mind I have everything I need... XD

pso is boring, when u have everything u need like niyuki the game is more boring. but whats the point of playing.

not all players have everything they need for there main characters HH helps.

maybe have it 1time a week

put HH anytime, otherwise it will be like last year, players log only during HH

I log in every day the day (night for you), and we are 10-15 online, it might be time to reward these players ....

This is not because we are 10-15 online that you should do anything !

Where is mini event ? where is HH ? ah only for 3hAM for me ... ok cool :S

HH would be nice, but 1 time in week (day) and 1 time in week (night) and anytime.

We already vote for that, but seriously, i see 1 or 2 HH in 6 month ...

I still have stuff to hunt xD

pso is boring, when u have everything u need like niyuki the game is more boring. but whats the point of playing.

not all players have everything they need for there main characters HH helps.

maybe have it 1time a week

Yeah, 2 times a week was a lot of HH time. I think 1 time a week is enough; however, I think every now and then the time and date need to be changed for those that can't make it to the HH.