FOweps increase & little more

Larva

Larva, we had already saw this problem. I thought a bit like Nessly and made a post but Choko explained how it worked. A 30% incease will look like a 22,96% increase for a fonewm without iggy but things are fine.

The percentagles are additionally compounded, not exponential, that's the explanation.

Ahhh ok , next time i just point to this topic XD.

thanks.

From what I have tested and seen I think there is a conflict with merge/ 3 Seal + P.wand. I tested in ultimate crater against the rappy.

No shield or P.Wand with 1563 mst = 393 Dmg

P.Wand only with same 1563 = 529 Dmg, 35% boost

RAfoie Merge only with 1563 mst = 484 Dmg

RAfoie Merge and P.Wand with 1563 mst = 620 Dmg, 28.1% boost

Also... Samurai Armor doesn't give Rabarta boost.

Those values are good and consistent with what I'm measuring for the Merge / Psycho Wand. You calculated a wrong % boost. You probbaly just input it wrong in calc.

620 / 393 = 1.577608142493639 ---> (57.7% boost. 23 from rafoie merge. 35 from psycho wand)

Larva, we had already saw this problem. I thought a bit like Nessly and made a post but Choko explained how it worked. A 30% incease will look like a 22,96% increase for a fonewm without iggy but things are fine.

The percentagles are additionally compounded, not exponential, that's the explanation.

Okay great. So it seems the way I'm measuring the boosts is not wrong.

Many users had said that we have forgot about the FO's and , that we should make a few changes to help them.

To help this users we decide to do a few changes and this changes are not only for FO's we also did another changes to sertain weapons/armor/shields.

Before going further please remember Ultima Server is a mid rate server so if you where expecting super increase in stats, I'm sorry to say that wont happen OK. We are trying to keep thing

balanced here. OK.

hope you guys like all this new changes.

For this moment, thats all. Hope you guys like this changes. :onion107:

The discrepancy I see is that in the first post, Larva reported new changes to Psycho Wand (new boost 45%) and Three Seal (new boost is 25%) when they are actually still 35% and 20%. Can these be changed to 45% and 25%? This is the question I was trying to get across the first time. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Edited by Nessly

Man...

You were clear as to what you wanted Nessly, Lee and I weren't as to our explanations of why you don't have to worry... Or you didn't read our posts attentively enough.

I tried to retrieve the post where I made a similar request and where Choko came in to explain where I was wrong, but I can't find it back.

And yes, i seems the way you're measuring the boosts is wrong.

So I'll try to be clear, this time:

Rafoie no boost at all : 1000 dmg

Rafoie boost from being a FOnewm (+30%) : 1000+1000*30/100=1300

Now...

Rafoie boost from being a fonewm (+30%) PLUS having Rafoie Merge equipped (+30%) :

_NOT the 1300 from before + 1300*30/100=1690 (which would be compounded %, and where the second 30% boost, since it applies to the bigger number1300 and not 1000, gives 390 instead of simply giving 300)

_BUT RATHER 1000 (base rafoie damage) + 1000*30/100 (from being a FOnewm so +300) + 1000 (yes, again we tke the base dmg, not the result from before)*30/100=1600 (which is the stacked % applied in PSO)

So we have 1000+300+300, and not 1000+300+390 (which is the caes in day Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, where you can play on compounded % to deal crazy damage.. but not here)

I hope I was clear enough this time.Listen to your elders, boy. XD

Edit: In case you would still be skeptical, calculate the applied 30% just from looking at the numbers of that result. You'll see less than 30% but that's because.... oh you took the total, not the base.

Edited by shion255
  • Like 1

If you're too lazy to read that;

Each boost is calculated on the base damagae seperatly and then added.

It's working as intended. thanks.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Ok, thanks. I forgot FOnewms get a 30% boost to RA spells. This was throwing off the numbers a little.

I did a little damage comparison on FOmar, and the numbers are all good!

45% boost from Psycho Wand

30% boost from Rafoie Merge

25% boost from Three Seals

Thanks for the clarification Shion.

• Like 1