How to unlock Hunter Guild missions

moorebounce

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm really confused by these explanations. I'm up to 4-2 in the Government quests, and I haven't seen any of the old Hunter's Guild quests anywhere. What is a single player room? Is that the same as a normal room, but with a password? What are one player missions? I've never seen anything like that.

Edit: I figured it out. I guess I just always thought everything was going to be available in a normal game. But glad I can do them now. These quests bring back memories.

Edited by NewBeginning

To clear it all up, I'm gonna write what exactly players have to do to unlock the possibility to change enemy parts to weapons:

Step 1. Government Missions up to 4-1 (Don't complete 4-1, Just have it unlocked)

Step 2. Complete first 3 Hunter Guild Missions. (Battle Training, Magnitude of Metal and Claiming a Stake)

Step 3. Complete Secret Delivery, then Doc's Secret Plan.

Step 4. Launch "Dr. Osto's Research" quest and talk to Dr. Montague with Enemy parts in inventory. (Dr. Montague is that yellow-purple FOnewm by Principal's portal in P2)

• 1 month later...

Hello, Graft here. Joined with the server a couple weeks ago. I'm having trouble crafting enemy weapons ^_^;

To detail my situation, I have done these following steps...

Step 1. Government Missions up to 4-1 (Don't complete 4-1, Just have it unlocked)

Step 2. Complete first 3 Hunter Guild Missions. (Battle Training, Magnitude of Metal and Claiming a Stake)

Step 3. Complete Secret Delivery, then Doc's Secret Plan.

Step 4. Launch "Dr. Osto's Research" quest and talk to Dr. Montague with Enemy parts in inventory. (Dr. Montague is that yellow-purple FOnewm by Principal's portal in P2)

I have tried showing enemy parts to the Dr. in both Dr. osto's and Unsealed Door, and he still only comments on Elenor's emotion patterns or w/e.

Some deviations that might be worth noting:

1) When I did Secret Delivery, Elenor didn't seem to recognize me(as I recall she did when I played these quests waaay back in the day on my GC)

However, when I completed Doc's secret plan Dr. montague still mentioned at the end of the quest he would make weapons for me if I brought him parts.

2) I completed these quests on varying difficulties.

I doubt this is the problem, since once you complete a quest on any difficulty, that quest is marked as cleared on all other difficulties.

Just hoping to get some new eyes too look into this problem. I'm quite frustrated as I've already spent a good hour honing my google-fu technique, trying to find a solution to the issue or some misstep I may have made. I'm so desperate I've actually considered doing Soul of Steel! D= (I do not like that quest >.>)

Editing in the obligatory: HOW DO CRAFT ENEMY PRTS?!? HALP PLZ!!!!

Edited by Graft

Hello, Graft here. Joined with the server a couple weeks ago. I'm having trouble crafting enemy weapons ^_^;

To detail my situation, I have done these following steps...

I have tried showing enemy parts to the Dr. in both Dr. osto's and Unsealed Door, and he still only comments on Elenor's emotion patterns or w/e.

Some deviations that might be worth noting:

1) When I did Secret Delivery, Elenor didn't seem to recognize me(as I recall she did when I played these quests waaay back in the day on my GC)

However, when I completed Doc's secret plan Dr. montague still mentioned at the end of the quest he would make weapons for me if I brought him parts.

2) I completed these quests on varying difficulties.

I doubt this is the problem, since once you complete a quest on any difficulty, that quest is marked as cleared on all other difficulties.

Just hoping to get some new eyes too look into this problem. I'm quite frustrated as I've already spent a good hour honing my google-fu technique, trying to find a solution to the issue or some misstep I may have made. I'm so desperate I've actually considered doing Soul of Steel! D= (I do not like that quest >.>)

Editing in the obligatory: HOW DO CRAFT ENEMY PRTS?!? HALP PLZ!!!!

Completing the quests on varying difficulties actually can be a problem, you'll need to go into Dr. Osto's Research on the same difficulty you completed Doc's Secret Plan on I think. For me, I have to convert in vhard since that's what I did the quests on, I can't do it in other difficulties (maybe I could if I replayed them).

• 4 months later...

im going to say this because alot of folks dont understand.

in order to get dr. montaugue to read your enemy parts

1.you need to unlock all the government quest up to 4-1

2.im going to clarify this one for peeps who are confused. dr. montague will not read your enemy parts when

you first start his series of quest lines. who ever is telling you other wise is wrong. IN ORDER TO GET

DR. MONTAGUE TO READ YOUR ENEMY PARTS, YOU NEED TO COMPLETE HIS QUEST LINE THEN

GO BACK TO THE QUEST DR. OSTO'S RESEARCH. HE WILL THEN READ YOUR PARTS. HOWEVER IN

ORDER TO DO SAID QUEST AGAIN YOU WILL NEED TO FINISH EVERY HUNTER GUILD QUEST(SOLO).

THIS WILL ALLOW YOU REPLAY ANY QUEST INDEFINITELY AND YOU NEED TO PLAY THOSE QUEST ON THE

DIFFICULTY YOU STARTED THEM IN.

I know this is alot to do and believe me this is alot of unnecessary work to just to do one simple thing. these quest arent just minutes long

we are talking 20 minutes to at least an 1 hr. tops for alot of them. i dont see the appeal in any of it, however this is my opinion. most of the games

enjoyment comes from the multiplayer aspect not the single player. also i dont see how or why this would contribute to the community especially

when it gives peeps incentive to rip other innocent players off with a free pd(because lets face it, just because you give someone a pd just to read your parts

doesnt mean he or she will actually do it in addition to that, not everybody will charge fairly for their services either.) this is an online gaming community not a family. we need to be realistic here.

You do not have to complete every one player quest. I was converting items long before I finished them all. The only one player quests you need are the first three (battle training, claiming a stake, magnitude of metal), and the two that help montague Secret Delivery and Doc's Secret Plan. Once you have completed Doc's Secret Plan he will convert parts in Dr. Osto's Research. You need 3-1 to unlock Secret Delivery and 4-1 (and secret delivery completed) to unlock Doc's Secret Plan. It's the same as the old quest tier system ( http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=476), except the government quests are the equivalent of unlocking caves / mines / ruins now.

You do not need to complete any other quests, only ones needed are Gov Quests to 4-1, Battle Training, Claiming a Stake, Magnitude of Metal, Secret Delivery, and Doc's Secret Plan.

• Like 3

Important note: never finish doctor osto research, or you have to do all one player mode story quests to unlock it again!

*regrets of a past noob cy*

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

now that i think about it, that makes much more sense. someone should have said that a long time ago.