Obtaining "TypeM" Weapons

Kure-ji

To guys who are new and don't know what a TypeM weapon is:

Basically, TypeM weapons are great for people who have low ATP or ATA, as they require less to be equipped. These weapons are unique because some of them have a different animation, which can be beneficial or just lulzy. Either way, these weapons are like "Mini-S-Rank Weapons" since they can grind as high as S-Rank items. Although there are no traces of adding specials to these items yet.

Anyhow, moving on.

I've tampered a lot with the Beak's Cafe quest, since that quest is where you can obtain these type of weapons. All you need is 20 tickets from Maximum Attack 3 ver.2. I will guide you through this process later on, but right now, I'm gonna point out the non-working ones (When you get them you don't receive them) I've encountered so far:

Fixed items are marked with a slash

- TypeGU/Mechgun

- TypeME/Mechgun

- TypeJS/J-sword

- TypeHA/Rod

- TypeDS/Rod

****If there's any other reported non-working TypeM weapons other than those two, please tell me.****

Now on how to obtain them...

You'll need to kill about 500 monsters in Maximum Attack 3 and get 20 tickets to use them in Beak's Cafe. You're going to have to proceed in Beak's Cafe quest located under Event in Episode 4 then after. It's one of the Japanese quests with a ver.2 in it. There's two of them in the list, but they're the same quests.

Once done, you should head off the teleporter to the crater. Go straight forward until you see a port to Sub Desert. In the desert, there should be a rappy in front of a group of computer terminals. Talk to that rappy

After the rappy talks, there should be choices. Choose the choice before the last one, because that one is where you use the roulette. Choose any random character. Once the computers emit 3 sounds, you can choose your TypeM weapon.

The weapons list depend on what class are you. HU's get swords, RA's get guns, and FO's get staffs. Each class also have 1 special type of TypeM weapons in the list. HU's get the TypeSS/Swords, RA's get the TypeHA/Halbert, and FO's get the TypeDS/D.Saber.

Oh and... It's also rumored among my friends that these TypeM weapons are also obtainable in the Beach Laughter quest in Episode 2. I have yet to test that myself. I'll see what I can do about this nevertheless.

Anyhow, hope this helps.

Edited by Kure-ji
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hummm. I need to check what kure means in this guide by non working items, wondeR if it's quest error ore server.

Also topic must be moved to quest guides.

• Like 1

Where can i get crosshairs for normal weapons not the scopes that would be a bit more accurate?Thanks

Is this guy talking about Call of Duty :onion-head49:

Hummm. I need to check what kure means in this guide by non working items, wondeR if it's quest error ore server.Also topic must be moved to quest guides.

I would also like to check this out, sounds like fun doing the quest too

Topic moved

• Haha 1

According to the fact that I see no one wielding any typeM weapon, and a confirmation of a GM :

None of the typeM weapons are obtainable (unless through donating). I tried the quest (in Japanese lol)

and it gave me nothing. Can anyone clear this up for me?

According to the fact that I see no one wielding any typeM weapon, and a confirmation of a GM :

None of the typeM weapons are obtainable (unless through donating). I tried the quest (in Japanese lol)

and it gave me nothing. Can anyone clear this up for me?

well one type-M weapons are not that strong they are just fun to use like the rod d-saber lol anyways did you get the 20 tickets in max attack 3? or did you just go straight to the other quest?

I don't really know how many tickets i have since my Japanese is quite poor lol,

However I know I did the max attack quest alot of times.

If there is annyone who has obtained a typeM weapon through the quest, can he or she post something inhere?

I don't really know how many tickets i have since my Japanese is quite poor lol,

However I know I did the max attack quest alot of times.

If there is annyone who has obtained a typeM weapon through the quest, can he or she post something inhere?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-76367.html maybe this old archive can help solve your problem maybe you didnt get the min kills to get tickets. Hope I helped.

Edited by Thatguy

• 5 months later...

Just did as said and got a Type SH/Shot. It was one of four choices for my RAcast. The other 3 being the Slicer, Katana, and Saber. Not really RAcast stuff, so might need to check in on this, or just get it translated to English already xD

I'm gonna need some help testing the drops for this. I already did it once, as posted above, but now I'm gonna try it on my Hucast. It isn't possible for me to solo it at the moment, so if anyone could help me do 4 runs of the quest on normal, I would be grateful. In return, you get the chance to choose a Type M weapon of your own.