Prestige system idea

Prestige/Legacy system  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which idea do you prefer?

• This prestige thing sounds kinda fun ^^
    • Keep the new exp table and the prestige
    • Get back to the old system with 3x exp from lvl 1 - 200

i like the idea as it gives u something to do once again when u r grinding for gear maybe give u a ID change aswell each time? only other thing is the exp rate after u hit 200 u can have 3 times exp or whatever but this is more for when you have a new level 1 char the exp rate should be lower then higher as u level up i base this on the fact if a player is new to this game they will level up SO fast they will not learn the basics of the game and when u get to the higher levels thats when it starts to get to a grinding mess and i find it rubs salt in the wound with a 2 times exp when u hit level 165 but maybe thats just me and i got a little off topic but yes a very good idea :3

You can keep the items just fine, they are not tied to the levels or experience.
Of course you wouldn't be able to use some items with stats and or level requirements.

Also, having an ID change once getting to level 200 seems pretty easy.
Pretty much just needs a flag saying if you already used the ID change.
Then if you have not used it, the server will let you use change it as long as you are Lv 200

11 hours ago, Soly said:

You can keep the items just fine, they are not tied to the levels or experience.
Of course you wouldn't be able to use some items with stats and or level requirements.

Then if you have not used it, the server will let you use change it as long as you are Lv 200

Would it work as a menu or as a command?

16 hours ago, Soly said:

well soly just clean up everything i could say would be a thing that i see stoping this idea but talking more about rewards would players be able to get a medal on your forum profile for the times reset? or a counter or something? just to give more boosting rights and to show how much of a old hand u r at this game? or a item that u cant earn normally for reaching a level of prestige? (this item will not be tradeable and if this has been said i am sorry x3 tl:dr)

22 hours ago, RJTB said:

I think just increasing the level cap would do the job :P

Ā 

but then u would been to boost the cap on stats and add harder settings for rooms or if its just a number going up then again u may aswell just be level 200 cause it means about as much XD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dashie IOW said:

but then u would been to boost the cap on stats and add harder settings for rooms or if its just a number going up then again u may aswell just be level 200 cause it means about as much XD

Ah point made.

I don't know if this goes in that section or another but :

When you finish all solo quests in ep1 + all government quest in ep1,Ā ep2 and ep4 in ultimate with a level 200 (without Dark Weapons) : you would be rewarded with a PGF.

That would be a one time per player, if that's possible (so I guess a comb of unique identifier or forum account + guildcard).

The only bad points I see in this idea are :

• TheĀ "one time per player" thing, I don't know if it's possible to automaticallyĀ limit without bothering too much the GMs.
  • Knowing if a player did the quest without Dark Weapon and with a level 200 (but are those condition really necessary ?)
  • Rewarding automatically after completion of all the quests (that's quite a big amount). Probably should be done manually by a GM =/

The good points are :

• People will play a lot more in order to get their own PGF once (they will literally "finish" PSO,Ā whatever does that meanĀ ^^). They will be initiated to pso story and mysteries :P
  • The dark weapon market craziness will calm down a bit. If not a lot but I would not put my hope on it.
  • EVERYONE could get a PGF even if you're busy/sick/unlucky as hell during christmas,Ā can just do quests at your path, day after day. It will take a long time, depending on how often you play, but you will get it.
  • Of course people will often want to have a set of dark weapons, and there is three weapons that you can make out of PGF, so one PGF is not enough for most people (and some beginner I guess will just sell it for more usefulĀ stuff) : soĀ Christmas time will still be very enjoyed and hipped upĀ for thoseĀ reasons.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Misombre said:

I don't know if this goes in that section or another but :

When you finish all solo quests in ep1 + all government quest in ep1,Ā ep2 and ep4 in ultimate with a level 200 (without Dark Weapons) : you would be rewarded with a PGF.

That would be a one time per player, if that's possible (so I guess a comb of unique identifier or forum account + guildcard).

The only bad points I see in this idea are :

• TheĀ "one time per player" thing, I don't know if it's possible to automaticallyĀ limit without bothering too much the GMs.
  • Knowing if a player did the quest without Dark Weapon and with a level 200 (but are those condition really necessary ?)
  • Rewarding automatically after completion of all the quests (that's quite a big amount). Probably should be done manually by a GM =/

The good points are :

• People will play a lot more in order to get their own PGF once (they will literally "finish" PSO,Ā whatever does that meanĀ ^^). They will be initiated to pso story and mysteries :P
  • The dark weapon market craziness will calm down a bit. If not a lot but I would not put my hope on it.
  • EVERYONE could get a PGF even if you're busy/sick/unlucky as hell during christmas,Ā can just do quests at your path, day after day. It will take a long time, depending on how often you play, but you will get it.
  • Of course people will often want to have a set of dark weapons, and there is three weapons that you can make out of PGF, so one PGF is not enough for most people (and some beginner I guess will just sell it for more usefulĀ stuff) : soĀ Christmas time will still be very enjoyed and hipped upĀ for thoseĀ reasons.

kinda off topic but i will say this what about people with multi accounts? also what about someone like me a FOnewearl that does not have really strong gear?Ā so my main charter would be hopeless getting a PGF unless your midori and i get the feeling this would take a LONG LONG time to beat ep 2 cause of the devil mobs unless u have strong gear or a lot of time to just pick off mobs one at a time but at this point u prob have a PGF from other means x3 not trying to shut down your idea but thats just how i see it x3