Prestige system idea

Prestige/Legacy system  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which idea do you prefer?

• This prestige thing sounds kinda fun ^^
    • Keep the new exp table and the prestige
    • Get back to the old system with 3x exp from lvl 1 - 200

item abilities are controlled using assembly in the client exe, it's not really feasible to modify them on the fly for something the client won't know anything about. this on the other hand does not rule out creating new items that only presitged people could get. Well to do that first you have to know how to add new items.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Fascinating idea, but I'm not really sure I'd wanna spend another year on the same character all over again,even if they do get more powerful the second time around. If I've read this right from Chuk, the fact that they would lose the ability to equip all the uber gear for quite some time in most cases that they have collected by the time they hit lv200 is a real Debby Downer for me maaaaannnnnn... Ohhh well. :(

Considering the fact I only have one character that I play primarily and it's taken me over the past year and most of this year to finally get near the 200 mark is a pretty damn long time for a MMORPG IMHO.(and I've played ALOT of RPGs over the years, anyone remember Adventure for the Atari 2600 or Dragon Warrior for the NES? Bwuahahahaha!) If I have to do that all over again, it will be with a totally different character, period! (which is why I recently created "Triforcer" a FOmar and "Triblader" a HUmar ironically :lol: )

Edited by Trigunman

This is awesome. I, personally would love to see this. Different color names, especially the max stat increases, and the rest all sounds great. I'm stumped on techs too though. Can't think of an idea to help out with that. Maybe just leave techs at whatever level they're at. Sure they would sap tp a lot faster but in the end i think it would balance itself out as soon as any prestiged FO reaches ultimate mode.

Fascinating idea, but I'm not really sure I'd wanna spend another year on the same character all over again,even if they do get more powerful the second time around. If I've read this right from Chuk, the fact that they would lose the ability to equip all the uber gear for quite some time in most cases that they have collected by the time they hit lv200 is a real Debby Downer for me maaaaannnnnn... Ohhh well. :(

Considering the fact I only have one character that I play primarily and it's taken me over the past year and most of this year to finally get near the 200 mark is a pretty damn long time for a MMORPG IMHO.(and I've played ALOT of RPGs over the years, anyone remember Adventure for the Atari 2600 or Dragon Warrior for the NES? Bwuahahahaha!) If I have to do that all over again, it will be with a totally different character, period! (which is why I recently created "Triforcer" a FOmar and "Triblader" a HUmar ironically :lol: )

Some people fall in love with their main characters and want to make it the absolute best. Don't forget leveling up fast is easy at the lower levels. But having multiple classes is fun too, nothing prevents you from doing both ;)

• Like 1

Some people fall in love with their main characters and want to make it the absolute best. Don't forget leveling up fast is easy at the lower levels. But having multiple classes is fun too, nothing prevents you from doing both ;)

I agree, and also it's not something that would be forced upon you reaching max level, it could just be an optional route, like a new game+.

• 2 weeks later...

you could code this server side,

if prestiege <> 1 then

itemarray scan

if item = 000100 then dont pick up

end

if you did this on the initial pickup of the item then only certain people can pick it up. that would stop others getting it.

what you could do as well is when you prestiege you add a 1% of finding rare items or something. so if you have 10 prestieges you will have a whole 10% boost :D

Edited by Phantasy

We already got similar code for items that are GM locked. But if it is to solve the material pick up problem, it's not about picking up, but about using them. Or I am confused about which problem you are trying to tackle.

got me thinking about something though, items can be made to do things you don't expect, anything the server can do, can be coded in to a new 03 code hex code, bit like i did with the new easter eggs on schtserv. Anything from making an item that can reset your materials on use, to materials with different hex codes themselves.

Don't forget the server can do quite alot.

Edited by Lee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When was the 3x exp table implemented? I'm just curious. I only joined about a month ago.

I think the 3x exp is awesome. I had played offline gamecube for a couple years on and off and my 2 highest characters were lv105 and lv90. But in only one month an Ultima I already have a lv118 and a lv100.

The current system is awesome for players like myself who were new to the server, but not new to the game.

I think the prestige system sounds like cool idea for all of the Ultima veterans who have been around a long time.

Any idea on when this might happen?? Not like I will be 200 soon lol

maybe it's just me but i voted to go back to the old ways i don't like change so much i have pso2 (jap cause it's not in us yet) and i have the translator etc i mean i've made it pretty far in the game aside from it not being in english yet. but i still come back to PSOBB i prefer the old pso i dunno again maybe it's just me but i'd rather it go back to the old way the new exp bar is a drag and i def would not want to see a prestiege classic 1-200 :onion107: i mean it is an interesting idea for sure but i'm just old school.