KONY 2012

Dao

It is time. Spread the news as much as you can. Try Facebook, Twitter. Tumblr, Google, and Etc. We have to do somthing because for some people like me. We care!

• Like 2

The situation's a lot more complex than you might think bytches :U

On the one hand, the aforementioned terrorist did make the Lord's Resistance Army which used children soldiers and committed depraved acts of war, and he is still at large

On the other hand, all of this happened in 2006. Why are we just hearing about it now? Because a charity called Invisible Children made a very high production video detailing the situation as if it were an active threat today

Joseph Kony isn't even in Uganda anymore; he has been in hiding Bin Laden style for over 5 years, and his "army" is no longer a national crisis. So in this way the entire video is a despicable scam. I've seen terms like "cynical opportunism" and "the white man's burden" thrown around to describe the effect this video has had on industrialized nations and the wave of misdirected funds donated to Invisible Children

On the third hand, a portion of the proceeds actually do go towards funding peace in Uganda, but not in the way you might think. An estimated 31% of the proceeds goes towards funding Uganda's military and the Sudan's People's Liberation Army, among other things. Neither of these armies have a clean record; they use some of the same depraved acts of war to get their point across as Kony and his army used to.

The rest of the proceeds apparently go to "film making expenses", which includes paying the filmmakers exorbitantly high wages and other non-charitable actions. Here's a source quote for ya:

the organizationā€™s three filmmakers and co-founders receive a combined pay of $223,922 and in addition, Invisible Children holds the following assets: computer equipment ($751,000), transportation equipment ($288,762), video and camera equipment ($177,769), and furniture and fixtures ($45,361).

Dam son!That's a lot of peripheral expenses! :U Suspicious much?

Tl;dr: Kony's an evil man, but at present he's not a national threat, and Invisible Children is doing very little to stop him. What they are doing to "help" will only result in more war crimes such as rape and pillaging.

its because of such complexity that people just go on with the mass....

and lets face it... masses are like lambs.... you can herd them over to the slaughterhouse without any problems

the thing is sure it does look like a noble cause.... but why now?

this has been here for a long time and nobody cared.... now its a request for a donation for posters all around the world

which makes you wonder.... whatever happened to the rest of the cash that was handed over to such foundation?

the fact that it is being sent viral over the internet just increases the mass.... and if they demand the mass "donations" over its popularity and supposed "help" to the children of Uganda you might as well hand them over a check because that money believe me most wont ever reach such destination...

that is why... Im calling shenanigans on all this Kony 2012 campaign....

I'm just going with this cause. If I have known sooner. I would of told the story like what I'm doing now. The donations and stuff like that are not something I care about, What I am trying to do is spread the world of who this KONY person is and the situation. Donating the the invisible children are wacky for me so it would be your choice. If we all know who this guy is AKA him becoming famous, It will let the people who actually have power to see KONY is stooped. With big story's, come rumors and of course rumors spread.

Ses, you are right about the donations though. Look at this topic as "Oh, this is going on. I want to help by spread the word." NOT "Oh, this is going on. I want to help by donating." If you already know this, then just ignore this topic.

P.S: They cause is to be aware of this so people like Obama and ect know we care.